Beauty

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Beauty

Post by Walker »

The seeds of ugly and the seeds of beauty are inherent in folks.

When either seed sprouts, both inherent ugly and inherent beauty can grow right to the bone.

Beauty grows from the yes seed.

Ugly grows from the no seed.

What grows takes on many forms.

When beauty grows to the bone, the yes seed is better for the human race in more ways than one.

And as everyone knows, all branches of knowledge are ultimately measured by life.

Ivanka Trump RNC Speech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er5bE6eYf7k
Necromancer

Re: Beauty

Post by Necromancer »

I wank a Trump, Ivanka Trump. Nooooo......, I said it! :D
Walker

Post by Walker »

Necromancer wrote:I wank a Trump, Ivanka Trump. Nooooo......, I said it! :D
Who could blame you, but the yes bone could be put to better use.

Have you ever heard the Vegetarian Song?
Walker

Post by Walker »

She’s also a beauty without makeup because beauty is love light.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... z4FCTIQEsD

Santana - Put Your Lights On

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t33f2AObSMI
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Walker wrote:She’s also a beauty without makeup because beauty is love light.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... z4FCTIQEsD

Santana - Put Your Lights On

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t33f2AObSMI
Trump can't do much about her voice. American female celebrities just look like clones. I don't know how you tell them apart. I don't think anyone comes close to Princess Diana for natural beauty, charisma, and effortless class.
princess-di-in-plaid-undated.jpg
princess-di-in-plaid-undated.jpg (219.63 KiB) Viewed 4456 times
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walker

Post by Walker »

She had charisma.

The very word itself shifts mind frequency.

There is only one mind frequency.

The other frequencies of mind are colorations of the one, if you will.

This is why great men think alike. Because there is only one mind frequency.

Any thoughts about charisma?
vegetariantaxidermy

'a special power that some people have naturally that makes them able to influence other people and attract their attention and admiration'
The Cambridge definitions isn't bad, but I think it's more complex than that, and involves many and varied factors. I'm finding it hard to even think of a truly charismatic figure around today. The world has become very bland. That has its good side I suppose. 'Charismatic' leaders have done a lot of evil (but so have non-charismatic ones).
Walker

Post by Walker »

Do you think charm is distinct from charisma. If so, what differentiates the two?
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote:Do you think charm is distinct from charisma. If so, what differentiates the two?
Of course it can be part of it. Sometimes it isn't. Fame is part of it too, but not every famous person is 'charismatic', although fame can give a person a certain amount of it on its own. Occasionaly a figure comes along who has ALL of the attributes that we associate with 'charisma' in spades. Diana had it. Jackie Onassis had charisma. I think her son had it too, to a lesser degree. I suppose Trump has it, but I certainly wouldn't call him charming. He's just a bully, but some people admire bullies. You won't find any scientific formula for charisma.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Now that I’ve thought about it I realize I could likely bore the bark off a tree with all I could say about charisma, but since attention drifted in this direction for some reason, I think I’ll just say what pops up now and then.

I think the contemplation of charisma is important because if the truth of charisma can be distilled to a single principle without being too long-winded, then it’s a statement of truth that accounts for all aspects of charisma.

I agree that people are born with charisma. I think charisma is a state of consciousness and is the consequence of something missing in the person. Either something was not added to the charismatic person after being born. Or, something was added and later removed that is not removed from everyone. What this thing is has yet to be defined within the undiscovered single statement.

Why is this important? To say the truth about anything is philosophy. I doubt if charisma is a philosophy, so the truth of it should be accessible to a sentence. Maybe two.

Also, I think charismatic people get what they want. Getting what you want is part of doing what you say you can do. And if you can do that, you are freedom.

Listing qualities is a scientific format that’s pretty painless, and as such the principle could appear without effort.

Aspects of charismatic:
- famous (can charisma precede fame?)
- a power that naturally influences people in a positive way
- exists independent of beauty defined by symmetry of features, though charismatic people can be symmetrical in form, and charming of manner.

Is the next trait worth the effort of transmission? Then giddiup. I got things to do.
duszek

Post by duszek »

Truman Capote was charismatic, I suppose.
People were fighting for his favours and his company.

His childhood was not a happy one though.
As a small child he was abandoned by his parents and was raised by his aunts and uncles.
He learned at an early age how to be liked by those he needed for his survival.
duszek

Post by duszek »

In the novel "Nana" by Zola there is a performer who is not pretty, who cannot even sing but when she performs on a stage men fall on their knees in adoration and cry.

How can it be ?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Hello. Oddities draw attention and Capote was a talented oddity. The Zola character sounds like Mae West, except men fell at her feet laughing.

I think charisma is a quality of unstifled energy regulated by intent.*

How do you sneeze? Do you stifle the sneeze or does the dog bark in alarm?

A woman who sneezes with her soul is very sexy to a man. I’ve not heard charisma displayed as farting though perhaps that was a viable expression in crowded cultures of prehygenic times when folks needed nosegays to negotiate the narrow lanes but even then, it's doubtful that there was any virtue to rio swimming in sewage.

The best of Mae West
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJS670okmZc

* In responding do you intend to destroy, preserve, or discover? Finding what is known to be, is one kind of discovery. Finding the unknown is another kind of discovery that requires an openness of mind, which is different than seeking mind. If you read that someone has a deep voice then perhaps you remember slow cadence from a habitual association of large people with glottal resonance of vocal cords. If you read that someone has a deep voice and speaks quickly, then you seek to hear this because this contradicts the possible memory of slow-talking baritones, basso prefundos and those in between that has lodged in consciousness as the way of things. However, absent these conceptual clues, perception steps closer to hearing mind. Thus, the advantage of limitation.

All beauty attracts attention
Not all that attracts attention is beautiful
No matter how you define beauty.