Wedding Music.

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

thedoc

Wedding Music.

Post by thedoc »

My daughter is getting married in Sept. this year and so far she has picked 3 pieces of music for the ceremony. Her son and his guitar teacher are going to play "Ode to Joy", and his teacher is going to play "Moonlight Sonata" and "Clair De Lune", so I am going to play them for her so that she will know the tempo that my daughter is used to hearing them. There was a suggestion that I play one of them for the service, but the service is outside and there was some question about getting a grand piano outside for the service.
duszek

Re: Wedding Music.

Post by duszek »

Have you seen the film "Much Ado about nothing" ?

It ends with a wonderful music full of joy, it is something old and English, it was wonderful.
What was it ?

Probably all Brits here can hum it.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

duszek wrote:Have you seen the film "Much Ado about nothing" ?

It ends with a wonderful music full of joy, it is something old and English, it was wonderful.
What was it ?

Probably all Brits here can hum it.
Several years ago I saw a TV movie of "Much Ado about Nothing" but I don't remember the music. Now I can't remember who were the stars, it had a big name (for Shakespeare) cast.
duszek

Post by duszek »

Google helped.

The composer is Patrick Doyle, he apparently composed the music for the film, in an old-fashioned way. The song is "Strike up the Pipers", you can see it on you tube.

It´s lovely !

:D

The lyrics is not really about joy, it is about some other things but the tune is joyful for sure.

You want to feel good quickly ? Watch and listen for 2 minutes and see what happens.