Chocolate

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greta

Re: Chocolate

Post by Greta »

"Chocolate obsession" is a cultural bonding game between women - a guilty indulgence enjoyed while the menfolk aren't around to connect their consumption with their figures.

For men, the equivalent object of adoration is beer. "Beer obsession" is a male bonding ritual, when men enjoying a taboo often denied by their better half for equivalent reasons.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Greta wrote:"Chocolate obsession" is a cultural bonding game between women - a guilty indulgence enjoyed while the menfolk aren't around to connect their consumption with their figures.

For men, the equivalent object of adoration is beer. "Beer obsession" is a male bonding ritual, when men enjoying a taboo often denied by their better half for equivalent reasons.
Could be. Sounds like fun, although I don't really like to share my chocolate.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: You were the one who brought up the sex/chocolate association.
Yes but I also pointed out that the comparison was to do with the degree of pleasure, not the nature of it. On the positive side, at least the fact that sex has established a more prominent position for itself in this thread than it was meant to has given you the opportunity to get across your preference for it over chocolate.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Greta wrote: For men, the equivalent object of adoration is beer. "Beer obsession"
But men don't usually moan with pleasure while they are drinking it. The moaning usually comes the morning after and has very little to do with pleasure.
vegetariantaxidermy

Harbal wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: You were the one who brought up the sex/chocolate association.
Yes but I also pointed out that the comparison was to do with the degree of pleasure, not the nature of it. On the positive side, at least the fact that sex has established a more prominent position for itself in this thread than it was meant to has given you the opportunity to get across your preference for it over chocolate.
Reading what I haven't written now. I don't know who started comparing the two in the first place. There are plenty of other foods that people enjoy. Probably some yank 'psychotherapist'.
Greta

Post by Greta »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Could be. Sounds like fun, although I don't really like to share my chocolate.
The male equivalent would be the man who drinks alone, who doesn't want to share his case with his mates. Such a man would normally be deemed an alcoholic ...

:)
vegetariantaxidermy

Harbal wrote:
Greta wrote: For men, the equivalent object of adoration is beer. "Beer obsession"
But men don't usually moan with pleasure while they are drinking it. The moaning usually comes the morning after and has very little to do with pleasure.
They might. If it was a particularly good beer. Although 'moan with pleasure' seems a bit extreme. There's a 'good food' sound that some people make, children especially.
vegetariantaxidermy

Greta wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Could be. Sounds like fun, although I don't really like to share my chocolate.
The male equivalent would be the man who drinks alone, who doesn't want to share his case with his mates. Such a man would normally be deemed an alcoholic ...

:)
Or maybe he just doesn't like to share his beer. Not eveyone is into 'social bonding'. Chocolate, alcohol, sex. All the same thing really. :?
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Glue bonds better. Try glue.
vegetariantaxidermy

Dalek Prime wrote:Glue bonds better. Try glue.
I like that, on several levels. :)
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Glue?? What the hell? Exactly what part of this conversation does glue pertain to?
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Chocolate, alcohol, sex. All the same thing really. ..... AND glue.

Sounds like one hell of a night. Just make sure you know which is which otherwise you could get into a sticky situation.
vegetariantaxidermy

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Chocolate, alcohol, sex. All the same thing really. ..... AND glue.

Sounds like one hell of a night. Just make sure you know which is which otherwise you could get into a sticky situation.
:lol: I feel silly using these things, but I can't help myself sometimes when the comment warrants it.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Lacewing wrote:
Glue?? What the hell? Exactly what part of this conversation does glue pertain to?
Bonding. (The other kids in the class understood that. ;) )

Lacewing, I'm an Absurdist. So exactly why are you ever surprised if I treat issues accordingly? What would you have me do?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dalek Prime wrote:What would you have me do?
I suppose... in some odd and twisted way you're perfect doing whatever it is you're doing. So I shall not try to change you... I shall only poke at you when it's fun to do so. 8)