Chocolate

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

Chocolate

Post by Harbal »

I really do like chocolate. I can't eat a vast amount of it and, under certain circumstances, it gives me a headache but it is definitely one of my favourite flavours. Women, however, or at least some women, seem to have a more intense relationship with chocolate, I have heard women giving accounts of almost going into a state of ecstasy when tucking into a bar of chocolate and I've even heard it being equated to sex. I daresay that, for journalistic purposes and the sake of a better story, there has been some exaggeration regarding the female response to chocolate but, even allowing for this, there does seem to be a difference between the sexes when it comes to the appreciation of it. I thought it might be interesting to delve into this matter and try to discover if all this is just a myth or whether there really is a transcendent quality in chocolate that only females can access. If it turns out that there are men who also experience chocolate on this higher level, that too, would be interesting. If chocolate does something out of the ordinary to you I'm hoping you will tell us about it. There is no need to get too salacious; if, for example, it turned out that bobevenson had a tendency to be brought to orgasm by those Hershey bar things you have in America, that would not be welcome information.
Hobbes' Choice

Re: Chocolate

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Harbal wrote:I really do like chocolate. I can't eat a vast amount of it and, under certain circumstances, it gives me a headache but it is definitely one of my favourite flavours. Women, however, or at least some women, seem to have a more intense relationship with chocolate, I have heard women giving accounts of almost going into a state of ecstasy when tucking into a bar of chocolate and I've even heard it being equated to sex. I daresay that, for journalistic purposes and the sake of a better story, there has been some exaggeration regarding the female response to chocolate but, even allowing for this, there does seem to be a difference between the sexes when it comes to the appreciation of it. I thought it might be interesting to delve into this matter and try to discover if all this is just a myth or whether there really is a transcendent quality in chocolate that only females can access. If it turns out that there are men who also experience chocolate on this higher level, that too, would be interesting. If chocolate does something out of the ordinary to you I'm hoping you will tell us about it. There is no need to get too salacious; if, for example, it turned out that bobevenson had a tendency to be brought to orgasm by those Hershey bar things you have in America, that would not be welcome information.
Not transcendent but physically verified by science.
http://www.eharmony.com/dating-advice/a ... 2Usf1ZriRt
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

I've never heard of anyone reaching orgasm just by eating chocolate. Claims like this about women tend to be exaggerated. Chocolate tastes nice, and that's about as far as it goes.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:I've never heard of anyone reaching orgasm just by eating chocolate.
We've not heard from bob yet.
Claims like this about women tend to be exaggerated.
Yes, I did allow for that possibility.
Chocolate tastes nice, and that's about as far as it goes.
The last time the question came up you seemed reluctant to divulge your gender so I'm not sure what the implications of that statement are.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: Not transcendent but physically verified by science.
http://www.eharmony.com/dating-advice/a ... 2Usf1ZriRt
I wasn't really thinking in terms of chocolate being an aphrodisiac, in fact, despite my reference to it, I wasn't thinking of chocolate in any way connected with sex. Sex was just a comparison of the pleasure level.
vegetariantaxidermy

Harbal wrote:The last time the question came up you seemed reluctant to divulge your gender so I'm not sure what the implications of that statement are.
I've written plenty of things that indicate my gender, I just happen to think it's rude to ask personal questions on here. I don't ask people here where they are from, how old they are, what sex they are etc. etc. It's only bad-mannered, poorly-raised buffoons like bob who do that. The only reason he asks is so that he can use the information to insult you about it at some point.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Harbal wrote:The last time the question came up you seemed reluctant to divulge your gender so I'm not sure what the implications of that statement are.
I've written plenty of things that indicate my gender, I just happen to think it's rude to ask personal questions on here. I don't ask people here where they are from, how old they are, what sex they are etc. etc. It's only bad-mannered, poorly-raised buffoons like bob who do that. The only reason he asks is so that he can use the information to insult you about it at some point.
I wasn't asking your what your gender is, I was just saying I didn't know what it is. I'll search through your previous posts if my curiosity gets the better of me.
vegetariantaxidermy

Harbal wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
I wasn't asking your what your gender is, I was just saying I didn't know what it is. I'll search through your previous posts if my curiosity gets the better of me.
No, but you said I was 'reluctant to divulge it', which means some nosy, bad-mannered ass must have been pestering me about it.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: No, but you said I was 'reluctant to divulge it', which means some nosy, bad-mannered ass must have been pestering me about it.
It was something to do with that arse that goes by the name of yio.... Something or other. The only reason I made any reference to gender is because it had some relevance to the post. I apologise if I've said anything to make an issue of it.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Sometimes eating chocolate makes me moan with pleasure. It seems women can more easily get away with being focused on such indulgent expressions of pleasure... whereas men are more focused on being sweaty and hairy. I'm glad to be a woman.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Lacewing wrote:Sometimes eating chocolate makes me moan with pleasure.
Great. This is what I'm looking for.
It seems women can more easily get away with being focused on such indulgent expressions of pleasure...
Believe me, men are not reluctant to focus on the experiencing of pleasure, but, if you are saying they are not as willing to openly express the experience, you may be right. Even so, I'm reasonably sure that most men do not need to suppress a desire to moan because of the effect of chocolate on them. There are chocolate related activities that I can conceive of which may well bring forth a moan, or at least the desire to, but such activities are not relevant here.
whereas men are more focused on being sweaty and hairy
While it may be the case that men are, indeed, more sweaty and hairy, I don't think they do it deliberately, it is not something that they are focusing their attention on trying to achieve.
I'm glad to be a woman.
And I applaud your openness in admitting you are one (if you've been following the thread you will know what I'm referring to (VT), but don't say anything).

So, are you saying that it is not that women experience chocolate differently to men, it is just that they are more open about the way they experience it? If that is what you're saying, I'm not sure I agree.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Harbal wrote:
Lacewing wrote:Sometimes eating chocolate makes me moan with pleasure.
Great. This is what I'm looking for.
I'm honored to contribute to your esteemed study.
Harbal wrote:Believe me, men are not reluctant to focus on the experiencing of pleasure, but, if you are saying they are not as willing to openly express the experience, you may be right. Even so, I'm reasonably sure that most men do not need to suppress a desire to moan because of the effect of chocolate on them.
Well, consider this, for example... when I'm eating a delicious dessert in public, I can writhe and moan, and no one stops me. If a man did that to the same degree, he might be killed. Men are not allowed to writhe in public. They can leer, and touch themselves, and expose themselves, and be crude and nasty and hairy and sweaty... but they cannot writhe. It's tragic really.
Harbal wrote:There are chocolate related activities that I can conceive of which may well bring forth a moan, or at least the desire to, but such activities are not relevant here.
Can it be related to philosophy in even the remotest way... so that we can have something interesting to talk about, rather than Bob's latest screaming complaint?
Harbal wrote:While it may be the case that men are, indeed, more sweaty and hairy, I don't think they do it deliberately, it is not something that they are focusing their attention on trying to achieve.
The trouble is, you can never be sure.
Harbal wrote:So, are you saying that it is not that women experience chocolate differently to men, it is just that they are more open about the way they experience it? If that is what you're saying, I'm not sure I agree.
Men will do a lot of things in private that they won't do in public... because it could get them killed. But, setting that aside, I think it would be delightful if they would let loose and play a little more. They can still lumber about while they do it... if they must keep up appearances... but there's just nothing more beautiful and wonderful than sharing such genuine joy with another person, as if there are no obstructions for doing so in the world.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

chocolate...

good stuff - true

who makes it? Willy Wonka of course...

oompa loompa's do not equate to orgasm, but I could be wrong...

-Imp
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Lacewing wrote: be crude and nasty and hairy and sweaty...
I'm noticing a recurring theme here but I'm going to pass over it in an attempt to avoid getting to the bottom of it.
I think it would be delightful if they would let loose and play a little more.
I am going to make it an ambition to one day accompany you rolling in the grass, laughing between taking mouthfuls of chocolate. If you find the thought of this off putting I would just like to add that I am not particularly hairy and am prepared to apply a liberal application of antiperspirant.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Harbal wrote:I am going to make it an ambition to one day accompany you rolling in the grass, laughing between taking mouthfuls of chocolate. If you find the thought of this off putting I would just like to add that I am not particularly hairy and am prepared to apply a liberal application of antiperspirant.
You're such a sweet-talker... you say all the right things. I shall look forward to it.