(Artistic) Taste

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Pluto

(Artistic) Taste

Post by Pluto »

What is taste, am I above you because I see weaknesses in the music or art you like?
Last edited by Pluto on Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Walker

Re: Taste

Post by Walker »

Pluto wrote:What is taste, am I above you because I see weaknesses in the music or art you like?
Could be. Pluto is high when you look to the sky.

Do you think this is tasty or pedestrian?

DJ Deckstream - Retrospect For Life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhH2uKQAQ4A
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

Taste is what you like and what you like says who you are
Walker

Post by Walker »

Pluto wrote:Taste is what you like and what you like says who you are
I heard they discovered

A new giant

Way out there in the solar system

They call it Planet 9 for now

It is Large

Been circling a long slow time they say

They conferred planetary status

(Could Pluto have been misnamed?)
Pluto

Re: (Artistic) Taste

Post by Pluto »

They say he has expensive tastes. Your taste in music is terrible. The film appealed to popular tastes. The mediated biosphere is a taste maker of people and things.
Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo »

Too easy. People who like the same stuff as I like have good taste and those who don't have no taste at all.
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

Yes, that can happen. But we can measure taste objectively I think, say why mine beats yours and visa versa. Taste could be measured within a global framing, outside one's immediate bubble. Culture is a taste generator, it must create a taste in the person which then sits well with the objects and ideas we desire. The two must fit.

The Buddha.
For some reason, I am reminded of an epiphany of sorts, which happened on the underground tube in London. A hot summer afternoon travelling on the tube, idly looking at the people around me. Tube stops on gets a Buddhist monk in orange or red robe. Sat opposite and wearing sandals he looked cool, like not hot, he began to read and I started to think how simple and practical his attire was. He was basically wearing a sheet. No detailing. As I looked at the Buddha and thought, I suddenly turned back to look at the people (and now their clothes) in the carriage. A myriad of colours and detailing from their clothing was shouting out everywhere within the carriage. Each zip, button, collar, boot and hat, etc, screamed out loud, this I experienced only after I had seen the simple robe of the Buddha.

In order to see something clearly (outside one's bubble) we must have its opposite or inverse other at hand. To compare. Communism held Capitalism within a frame, with the death of Communism, did the frame die too.

The corporate mediated biosphere, conglomerates people and taste to the products which are made, though the products which are made, they too recreate the user in the product's image. A manufactured taste to meet...
Walker

Post by Walker »

The Google Principle

Taste is a preference, a dualistic thought.
Fill a jar with jelly beans.
Have 1000 people guess the count,
without touching the jar.
Add the total.
Divide by 1000.
The quotient will be very close to
the actual number of jelly beans.
Maybe even exactly the same number.
Whatever entity figures correctly,
The 1000, the 300, or the 1,
has dualistic thought aligned with reality
Rather than an unclear vision.

Get it?
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

got it
Walker

Post by Walker »

Pluto wrote:got it
Could it be They were calling the wrong planet Pluto, now that the previously undiscovered Ninth Planet has been perceived with the aid of scientific instruments?
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

I don't know, maybe you're on to something there. What's in a name between friends. Pluto was a misspelling of Plato. The question to my mind would be "what's with all the balls?'
Walker

Post by Walker »

Pluto wrote:I don't know, maybe you're on to something there. What's in a name between friends. Pluto was a misspelling of Plato. The question to my mind would be "what's with all the balls?'
Mistakes are not, only what is, is.

The spheres move only to balance.

Only Life is ... for sure.
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

The earth is roundish, the planets are, the sun too. We spin around. Balls are in lots of sports. The ball, or roundishness is the religion of the universe. In that, it doth be a main thing (to quote palin). You say, the spheres move only to balance. Balance what?

Why is the earth a ball? Because it doth spin. The wheel was a breakthrough as it spoke of the universe.

(Breaking through programming.)
Walker

Post by Walker »

Pluto wrote:The earth is roundish, the planets are, the sun too. We spin around. Balls are in lots of sports. The ball, or roundishness is the religion of the universe. In that, it doth be a main thing (to quote palin). You say, the spheres move only to balance. Balance what?

Why is the earth a ball? Because it doth spin. The wheel was a breakthrough as it spoke of the universe.

(Breaking through programming.)
Time will tell.
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

Or perhaps it will always be a fiction. I just saw a slight 'pun joke' in my previous text:
The wheel was a breakthrough as it spoke of the universe.
"spoke", get it?