Artworks Not Yet Conceived

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Hobbes' Choice

Re: Artworks Not Yet Conceived

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Pluto wrote:The artwork as masterpiece where the artist has put in time is a mirror commodity of the capitalist system in which the artist resides. Art is more than the system in which it finds itself and so plays other games which do not fall into the systems trap of subsumption. Hard work shows itself in many different forms. A work which houses the values of the system in which it is made is not art. If! That system is corrupted and unethical.

The concept of masterpiece is a bourgeois notion of class differentiation
Being a lazy **** is not an excuse. I don't give a rat's arse about how much it fucking costs, and I don't give a toss about the Art's Council and the trappings of the Art Establishment. I know what a masterpiece is to me, and I don't give a fart for you bullshit pseudo-art inverted class snobbery that you would drop in a heartbeat if you were awarded an Art's Council Grant, because the type of shite you make is exactly what gives the art establishment a hard-on.
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

Not so, my work is too anti establishment to as yet be recognised as art by the body that has the power to deem what is and isn't. My work bows to no art grant or council, I have come too far to sell it short and make it into a promotional tool for the benefit of corrupted art institutions. The work must go beyond the horizons set by power and its institutions. And not promote these institutions. So when the MOMA say, we want to show a number of your works, as a revolutionary artist, I must say no way, go fuck yourself. Only from this position would something truly great start to show itself.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Pluto wrote:The concept of masterpiece is baloney and elitist
Well your work isn't elitist but it does qualify on the other criterion.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Pluto wrote: I must say no way, go fuck yourself. Only from this position would something truly great start to show itself.
Good for you, Pluto, for not selling out. Stick to your principles and never learn to draw.
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

Never learn to draw? Do you think the drawing below is made by someone who cannot draw?
before the storm.jpg
before the storm.jpg (135.14 KiB) Viewed 3800 times
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Pluto wrote:Not so, my work is too anti establishment to as yet be recognised as art by the body that has the power to deem what is and isn't.
No, your art is of the right type, but just too throw away. it's absurd to call it anti-establishent.
My work bows to no art grant or council, I have come too far to sell it short and make it into a promotional tool for the benefit of corrupted art institutions. The work must go beyond the horizons set by power and its institutions. And not promote these institutions. So when the MOMA say, we want to show a number of your works, as a revolutionary artist, I must say no way, go fuck yourself. Only from this position would something truly great start to show itself.
There is nothing revolutionary about your work. You are just kidding yourself. I've seen much better crap at the Tate, that is also lazy and limited in content.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Pluto wrote:Never learn to draw? Do you think the drawing below is made by someone who cannot draw?
before the storm.jpg
Now you are just taking the piss
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

A drawing superior in all respects.
Screen Shot 2016-02-12 at 12.09.34.png
Screen Shot 2016-02-12 at 12.09.34.png (146.47 KiB) Viewed 3793 times
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

Well, it's always good to get feedback no matter who it's from. The towers holding hands is not bad, funny actually, which is an odd thing to be as it's such a serious subject. The Belgian artist Luc Tuymans made this image in response to the attacks:

http://www.saatchigallery.com/artists/a ... l_Life.htm
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Pluto wrote:Well, it's always good to get feedback no matter who it's from. The towers holding hands is not bad, funny actually, which is an odd thing to be as it's such a serious subject. The Belgian artist Luc Tuymans made this image in response to the attacks:

http://www.saatchigallery.com/artists/a ... l_Life.htm
It did not take you long to U-turn. Why are you posting material from the evil and corrupt art establishment?

The holding hands is something done by the artist with friends on a daily basis. It reflects the artistic personal culture. It is not funny. You misinterpreted.
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

Why are you posting material from the evil and corrupt art establishment?
Things aren't that simple.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Pluto wrote:
Why are you posting material from the evil and corrupt art establishment?
Things aren't that simple.
hypocrite
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

hypocrite
Dinosaur
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Pluto wrote:
hypocrite
Dinosaur
Oh look you best piece of work - and in your favourite colour too.

My mistake - this probably took more effort than what you call art.
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

Ha, now you're using your brains dino. My shit is better than yours.
poop[1].jpg
poop[1].jpg (168.64 KiB) Viewed 3772 times