New Work

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

artisticsolution

Re: New Work

Post by artisticsolution »

marjoram_blues wrote:
artisticsolution wrote:Thank you Veg and M!

About the name...yes...you can see it in my pics if you look closely...and I think arising mentioned it once in a post, but I figured..."who listens to him anyway?" Lol :wink:

I am not here to spam so I don't mention my name...if someone asks..I will tell them...but I am just trying to be respectful of the forum while still sharing my art with other like minded people. Actually, I would take out my name but it's all I can do to resize as I suck at computer graphics. So...I figure...who's gonna look that close anyway.
I don't see anything wrong with openly sharing your name and art space; given that it's already out there, and in a good way.
Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. All best wishes at this difficult and yet, special time.
Thank you, M. Hope all is well with you and yours.
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

artisticsolution wrote:
marjoram_blues wrote:
artisticsolution wrote:Thank you Veg and M!

About the name...yes...you can see it in my pics if you look closely...and I think arising mentioned it once in a post, but I figured..."who listens to him anyway?" Lol :wink:

I am not here to spam so I don't mention my name...if someone asks..I will tell them...but I am just trying to be respectful of the forum while still sharing my art with other like minded people. Actually, I would take out my name but it's all I can do to resize as I suck at computer graphics. So...I figure...who's gonna look that close anyway.
I don't see anything wrong with openly sharing your name and art space; given that it's already out there, and in a good way.
Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. All best wishes at this difficult and yet, special time.
Thank you, M. Hope all is well with you and yours.
Thanks, AS.
I come here for a little light relief :wink:
Balloon girl still steps high in the sky with the eye.
Love, M.
artisticsolution

Thanks M! Love your posts....hope to see you soon!

Here is my latest..'The Transition'. (The tag on the wine reads, "Drink Me". I was thinking of Alice becoming the White Rabbit...I like the way the background almost looks like wings). It will be in next month's show at a larger gallery in my building. Also, here is a pic of last months steampunk show. One of the artists dressed up as one of my characters...it was so fun (the guy next to her is such a great artist and person...he had a piece this month in our gallery and we invited him to be a featured artist in Nov. As you can see he has a sense of humor...lol)
Attachments
20160701_213319.jpg
20160701_213319.jpg (186.73 KiB) Viewed 3290 times
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

artisticsolution wrote:Thanks M! Love your posts....hope to see you soon!

Here is my latest..'The Transition'. (The tag on the wine reads, "Drink Me". I was thinking of Alice becoming the White Rabbit...I like the way the background almost looks like wings). It will be in next month's show at a larger gallery in my building. Also, here is a pic of last months steampunk show. One of the artists dressed up as one of my characters...it was so fun (the guy next to her is such a great artist and person...he had a piece this month in our gallery and we invited him to be a featured artist in Nov. As you can see he has a sense of humor...lol)
Oh my god. I am so crazy for stockings!!!
it gives 'drink me' a whole new connotation.
artisticsolution

The Transition
Attachments
thetransition.jpg
thetransition.jpg (79.03 KiB) Viewed 3283 times
artisticsolution

Hobbes' Choice wrote:

Oh my god. I am so crazy for stockings!!!
it gives 'drink me' a whole new connotation.
LOL...Sry...had to put the "drink Me" in another post...file too big error.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Fantastic photo. Is the exhibition on a website?
artisticsolution

Not yet, veg. It's going to another gallery first and the whatever doesn't sell I will put up on my gallery's page.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

artisticsolution wrote:The Transition
Splendidly skillful and imaginative. No problem in calling this art.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Here are a couple of other things I've done along the way.
Hope I have not shown them before, I can't remember.

They are both in stoneware.
I call this one The Theatre of Politics

Screen Shot 2016-07-12 at 22.58.49.png
Screen Shot 2016-07-12 at 22.58.49.png (186.36 KiB) Viewed 3241 times
This is simply "Motherhood"

Screen Shot 2016-07-12 at 23.01.49.png
Screen Shot 2016-07-12 at 23.01.49.png (144.14 KiB) Viewed 3241 times
They are both fired clay and about 14 inches at their longest
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Gandalf
Screen Shot 2016-07-12 at 23.09.53.png
Screen Shot 2016-07-12 at 23.09.53.png (204.67 KiB) Viewed 3240 times
He's hollow at the back with a runic inscription across the edge arching all he way round.
artisticsolution

Dubious wrote:
artisticsolution wrote:The Transition
Splendidly skillful and imaginative. No problem in calling this art.
Thank you, Dubious . :)
artisticsolution

Nice work, Hobbes. :)
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

artisticsolution wrote:Nice work, Hobbes. :)
TY
sthitapragya

Post by sthitapragya »

Hobbes, this is cool and brilliant!!