What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Pluto

TV Propaganda

Post by Pluto »

artisticsolution

Re: TV Propaganda

Post by artisticsolution »

How silly. Don't get me wrong...I am not talking about this clip. I like hearing the other side of the argument honestly for a change rather than what we as American's are allowed to hear. I have never seen anything like this interview on our airwaves.

However, how silly for him to chasitise her for only going back a few weeks when he only went back a few decades. How about going back to the beginning of time when no one owned property? It doesn't matter who once owned what....American natives once owned America. Does that mean they should fight for it now? What is wrong with allowing Israelis a place to live? What is wrong with allowing Hezbollah a place to live? How silly all this 'he started it first' crap is!
artisticsolution

Here's an hypothetical situation that may help America shed themselves of the bias they may feel towards Israel by placing us in a similar scenario:

Let's suppose that the most powerful nation in the world decided that it was only fair that Israel had it's own country. Suppose they decided to allow Israel it inhabit a small portion of Texas....8000 square miles...a fraction of the size of Texas. Would we consider it a charitable donation or would we fight for the property that we feel is rightfully ours?

I hope that we would make a charitable donation, however I notice that we have not given up any of our land for any purpose other than our own.
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

Pluto

Post by Pluto »

Artistic solution, you've missed the point totally, I'm not starting a thread about Israel but about how tv is propaganda. Forget nonesense circular arguments between the peasants and show something on here where tv is revealed as propagandist in some way, thanks.
artisticsolution

Pluto wrote:Artistic solution, you've missed the point totally, I'm not starting a thread about Israel but about how tv is propaganda. Forget nonesense circular arguments between the peasants and show something on here where tv is revealed as propagandist in some way, thanks.
Opps...sorry Pluto. I was responding to the post and not to the title of the thread. How is that clip TV propaganda? I was shocked that they were so liberal to allow an opposing opinion to be heard with such honesty. I refer you to fox news where this man's opinion would have probably never been allowed on the air or if it was it he would have been drowned out with blatant anger or edited later in a way to make him look unreasonable. Also, after the clip they would have a discussion about how he was one of the terrorists so we should consider the source.

I will try to find an example....
artisticsolution

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq9Dmoiwxo

Turn on Fox news any hour of any day and this is the type of stuff you hear.
ala1993

Post by ala1993 »

I always thought Fox news was a joke! That one day Hannity, O'Reilly et al would appear on a single programme and say 'fooled you!'

Still, all those pretty graphics ...
artisticsolution

ala1993 wrote:I always thought Fox news was a joke! That one day Hannity, O'Reilly et al would appear on a single programme and say 'fooled you!'

Still, all those pretty graphics ...
LMAO Ala,

Do you know I actually emailed other news channels to tell them they should beef up the graphics and get some hotter looking newscasters if they wanted brain dead Americans to switch the channel to their station! :lol:
ala1993

Post by ala1993 »

when did Fox first begin broadcasting their news channel? I ask because back in 1994 there was a British programme called The Day Today ("boiled dog can do maths, claims experimenter") which, among other things, parodied the excessive graphics being found in news broadcasts at the beginning of the 90s.
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

The first link is horrendous propaganda for lots of reasons. fOX TV is the obvious one, it really is a promotional channel for a particular political way of thinking. The thing is is the guy who owns it also owns others. I say that propaganda, the media, its job if you like is to promote the interests and ideas of those in power, to get us climatized to the 'correct' world view. Of course another role of propaganda/entertainment is to depress the hell out of me whilst keeping the majority completely dociled-up on total nonesense, trivia and sport. This slogan depicts the present television viewer quite accurately: Sad Happy Empty Moron. This is no good. We have to get wise to what has been going on under our noses whilst we've been reading about complete strangers in the magazines.
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

ala1993

Post by ala1993 »

the guy who owns it [Fox] also owns others
Although it's interesting to note that despite Murdoch's right wing views he despises O'Reilly, Hannity et al - he knows that they bring him viewers which brings in money, but he is not necessarily uninformed (in the way they clearly are).
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

ala1993 wrote:Although it's interesting to note that despite Murdoch's right wing views he despises O'Reilly, Hannity et al - he knows that they bring him viewers which brings in money, but he is not necessarily uninformed (in the way they clearly are).
That just makes him worse.
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

It does, but we don't need to talk about the owner to know whether it's propaganda or not, we can see it, as the end product that comes out the television, that's the thing, that that is presented, put forward as supposedly worthy for us to look at and consider. On a totally objective level, an alien comes to earth sees tv and quickly understands that the makers, producers, programme creators, presenters and all - have complete contempt for the viewer. The product they put forward is an affront to a sane person's mind. News programmes are obvious Propaganda but just the same are game shows. Tv is horrendous Propaganda.

In the 90's at a party I met a group of editors of television programmes, they were extremely cynical and depressed. They understood the job they had to do and why. They understood the relation between producer and consumer and it had totally knocked the life out of them.

Telly's become a life-force drainer a sapper of one's self-confidence. It's so complex we hardly know what it does. It's in the hands of institutions that view YOU as retarded and illusion-filled, this is not a good basis for a healthy relationship.

The Maths teacher despised her student and naturally pushed her further and further into the ground.