TV Propaganda

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

Re: TV Propaganda

Post by Harbal »

Pluto wrote:So your position is 'I'm alright Jack' while those that do watch are walking around totally brainwashed, is that it?
No, my position is I don't have a TV so I don't watch TV so I'm not really influenced by TV, that's it.
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

But all your neighbours, work colleagues, friends and family do, so - you are not immune, they will infect you with their indoctrination...? You are not an island - perhaps you listen to the radio, or watch films online?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Pluto wrote:You are not an island - perhaps you listen to the radio, or watch films online?
I listen to the radio, it's difficult to say how much I'm influenced by other people.
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

Yes, of course - difficult to measure. My post was concerning the series The Man in the High Castle, written by Philip K. Dick and now made into a film or series for television. The series, which is set in the frame of WW2 and its aftermath, where the victors are rather the Nazis. Fascism is now part of the fabric of American society. The stars and stripes have become the swastika and stripes. So my interest was that this series was made for now - in that it is communication from above to the below if you will - like a sermon perhaps, that the series is much more than Entertainment or a money-making project - that rather, there seems to be a political expedient or drive to produce it now. Like - to be blunt - a form of Entertainment as social and political inculcation and propaganda. To the same extent and purpose of a Leni Riefenstahl work, but on a much more developed and (perhaps) sophisticated level.

Are you aware of this series?
Last edited by Pluto on Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Pluto wrote: Are you aware of this series?
No, I'm afraid not. I just don't have the attention span any more, that's why I never replaced my old TV, I could never be bothered to watch it. I do sometimes hear reviews of films and TV programs on the radio but I've not heard of the series you mentioned. As a matter of coincidence, I've just put a video together to go with some music I recorded, the subject of which relates to the subject of the program you are talking about. I wouldn't dream of imposing it on anyone unsolicited, but, if pressed, I could be persuaded to provide a link.
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

Great, please do so.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Pluto wrote:Great, please do so.
Okay, if you insist.

https://youtu.be/ocTOsdYxTPA
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

Yes, that is very good. The music subverts. Keep on this kind of path - maybe bring it up to date to the morons in charge now. But the Hitler video is good, with the music - I have German friends and though they are totally against the fascism that took hold of their country - this video you've made may belittle the whole thing in their eyes, I'm not sure. But in a way that is a side-thought. It has something very good - it is very relevant - keep making them. It is art. The music trivialises the visuals somehow - not sure if that's your intent or not.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Pluto wrote:this video you've made may belittle the whole thing in their eyes, I'm not sure.
It's just about the possible chain of events and consequences that can come out of personality cults, that's all, nothing else was intended. Thanks for watching.
Above us only sky

Post by Above us only sky »

of course TV Propaganda exists in every country. A TV station can only broadcast opinions favored by its shareholders.

After waching those videos linked here I think there is not much differences between a Chineses national TV Propaganda and a Fox news Propaganda, If you allow me to say it honestly.

Here is an example of a Chineses TV Propaganda https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE6rSdMvl58