Music

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 5099
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Music

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Fri May 19, 2017 3:04 am

This guy doesn't pull any punches;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3dAxmpRMNw

Walker
Posts: 3421
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Music

Post by Walker » Fri May 19, 2017 2:47 pm

Chris Cornell was the greatest rock and roll vocalist since the genre was discovered.

And a pretty good lyricist.

Take note of his passing.

Walker
Posts: 3421
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Music

Post by Walker » Fri May 19, 2017 2:49 pm

Donovan - Season of the Witch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAzTnsSgs2s

Pluto
Posts: 1852
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 9:26 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Music

Post by Pluto » Fri May 19, 2017 8:45 pm

Walker wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 2:47 pm
Chris Cornell was the greatest rock and roll vocalist since the genre was discovered.

And a pretty good lyricist.

Take note of his passing.
A lot of people are sad

Pluto
Posts: 1852
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 9:26 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Music

Post by Pluto » Fri May 19, 2017 9:31 pm


Walker
Posts: 3421
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Music

Post by Walker » Fri May 19, 2017 9:39 pm

Pluto wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 8:45 pm
A lot of people are sad
Poor guy. Meds can drive people to despair. Powerful prescribed drugs, very dangerous.

Soundgarden - Fell on Black Days - Lyrics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiaZDQjsbuw

Pluto
Posts: 1852
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 9:26 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Music

Post by Pluto » Fri May 19, 2017 11:43 pm

the band is - was also good, the guitar on the track you posted, very good - long live grunge - love it

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 5099
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Music

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Sat May 20, 2017 12:47 am

Walker wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 9:39 pm
Pluto wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 8:45 pm
A lot of people are sad
Poor guy. Meds can drive people to despair. Powerful prescribed drugs, very dangerous.

Soundgarden - Fell on Black Days - Lyrics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiaZDQjsbuw
Yes. The medical industry is very corrupt. I think more people must have committed suicide because of so-called 'anti-depressants' than practically any other single factor. I don't understand why people are so keen to take them.
Love all those 'grunge' bands from the 80s and 90s.

Pluto
Posts: 1852
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 9:26 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Music

Post by Pluto » Sat May 20, 2017 12:56 am

Is it the medication or the system that kills you? You are depressed because the system is immoral and you can't find a place in it keeping your dignity intact - so here's medication that will kill you faster - remove the problem and agitator - bringing in the NWO. Where is the next line of defence - how crazy that music can capsulate a feeling in you that can not be equalled by the life you lead

User avatar
Greta
Posts: 2139
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:10 am

Re: Music

Post by Greta » Sat May 20, 2017 7:09 am

Here's the most recent home recordings with my music partner. Instrumentals again. I am not much keen on making music with lyrics or a message, nor to sing in keening tones about something relating to reproduction.

I love instrumental music for its innocence and lack of presumption. Instrumentals generally don't try to impart a message, tell you how you should live or say what is right and wrong - it's just pleasing sonic patterns in the air that can impart energy and create moods which hopefully can build into a brief musical journey for listeners.

If you enjoy funky music with a twist, then this may appeal: https://soundcloud.com/in-the-house-5/i ... ve-all-day. There's also a simplified "pop" version, complete with compression and added machine :) https://soundcloud.com/in-the-house-5/i ... -dance-mix

Walker
Posts: 3421
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Music

Post by Walker » Sat May 20, 2017 9:11 am

Cool. Night ride in a plush auto on a smooth highway. City lights just a glow, then the sky, then everywhere. But, the things now seeable are all moving past the other way while still moving fast on the modern beltway, and the seeable things past the guardrails moving backwards in time to where we just were are rolling back slower than the rhythms going forward but not so slow as the farthest things seen. Good to take an exit and get down on the surface roads where the objects move slow and life happens fast.

Walker
Posts: 3421
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Music

Post by Walker » Sat May 20, 2017 9:20 am

Cold winter morning on the prairie. Transistor radio. Small tinny speaker. Chickens to feed. Frost on the coal, a bucket for the fireplace and a bit for the little wood stove in the stone outbuilding. Nothing in the outhouse way out back, that’s no place to linger. A splash of coal oil starts the fire, unleashes a bit of sun inside the main house, inside the tiny work-room. Break the skim of ice off the water barrel and put two buckets on the back burners. Then the chicken-feed. Then gather the eggs for breakfast.

The voice is the first instrument.

Lost Highway ~ Hank Williams
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCgicPdsxxg

Hank Williams never reached 30. Can't hear it in his voice. Doesn't sound like one of today's youths.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 5099
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Music

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Sat May 20, 2017 9:51 am

Walker wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 9:20 am
Cold winter morning on the prairie. Transistor radio. Small tinny speaker. Chickens to feed. Frost on the coal, a bucket for the fireplace and a bit for the little wood stove in the stone outbuilding. Nothing in the outhouse way out back, that’s no place to linger. A splash of coal oil starts the fire, unleashes a bit of sun inside the main house, inside the tiny work-room. Break the skim of ice off the water barrel and put two buckets on the back burners. Then the chicken-feed. Then gather the eggs for breakfast.

The voice is the first instrument.

Lost Highway ~ Hank Williams
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCgicPdsxxg

Hank Williams never reached 30. Can't hear it in his voice. Doesn't sound like one of today's youths.
Yes. Men in their twenties back then looked about fifty. Is it the hats or the haircuts?

User avatar
Conde Lucanor
Posts: 530
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:59 am

Re: Music

Post by Conde Lucanor » Sun May 21, 2017 12:16 am


User avatar
Conde Lucanor
Posts: 530
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:59 am

Re: Music

Post by Conde Lucanor » Sun May 21, 2017 12:19 am


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest