Drawings

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Pluto

Re: Drawings

Post by Pluto »

Yes! Green, thanks for the link.

It's interesting because I've been wanting to know more about drawing software. I am totally in the dark with what's out there, and have only up until now used traditional materials to make art. If you know of any others let us know. And what is Bioshock?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Pluto wrote:Argentina Girl with Damaged Eye

argentina girl with damaged eye (2).jpg
On a trip to Argentina I saw a girl in her 20's who had her left eye almost closed. We looked at each other, I was upstairs on a bus which her family member was boarding. She was beauty incarnate with her closed eye. The drawing doesn't do her justice, but I wanted a record of it somehow.
Her nose doesn't seem to be in great shape either.
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

no? but you've already seen it as a nose and that was enough.
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

SMALL.jpg
SMALL.jpg (89.92 KiB) Viewed 3451 times
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Pluto wrote:no? but you've already seen it as a nose and that was enough.
I could only tell it was a nose because it's in the middle of her face.
It just seems tough on the girl. She could wear sunglasses for her eye but she can't do much about the nose.
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

Yes maybe it could be improved, but the focus was on the eyes. This is a good line:
I could only tell it was a nose because it's in the middle of her face.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Pluto wrote:Yes maybe it could be improved, but the focus was on the eyes.
I'm just joking, Pluto.
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

Great
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

PROPS.jpg
PROPS.jpg (103.12 KiB) Viewed 3444 times
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

While trekking through the abandoned coalfields of South Yorkshire a couple of summers ago I came across this man. He had very little to start with but, as if life hadn't already dealt him a bad enough hand, someone had now stolen his only chair. His sheer determinedness not to be beaten moved me to tears. I only had a short time to make this sketch before his leg gave way and he fell down but I think I managed to capture the essence of his spirit.
Attachments
Chairless in Barnsley.JPEG
Chairless in Barnsley.JPEG (22.76 KiB) Viewed 3438 times
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

the text betrays the drawing somewhat, though not entirely. You are open then appear mocking simultaneously. The drawing is really beautiful and interesting. It's better than a david shrigley as there's no pun included. The drawing without text. The subject matter if real is real and so has power as it's attached to those who are destroyed by the system. The system must destroy those who threaten it the most. But even if the drawing was made without attachment to any social conflict, it's still a great drawing. Very free, open and spontaneous looking. Does he:she sit, or are they getting up. Is it man transcending sitting for standing to confront his time?
Last edited by Pluto on Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Pluto wrote:the text betrays the drawing somewhat, though not entirely. You are open then appear mocking simultaneously. The drawing is really beautiful and interesting. It's better than a david shrigley as there's no pun included. The drawing without text. The subject matter if real is real and so has power as it's attached to those who are destroyed by the system. The system must destroy those who threaten it the most. But even if the drawing was made without attachment to any social conflict, it's still a great drawing. Very free, open and spontaneous looking. Does he:she sit, or are they getting up. Is it man standing to confront his time?
Pluto, I think you understand me.
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

That's impossible, you are way too complex (in a good way). I see what you have done in the drawing, and said in the text, these are keys.
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

commercial life
001 (2).jpg
001 (2).jpg (113.09 KiB) Viewed 3420 times
Green

Post by Green »

Pluto wrote:Yes! Green, thanks for the link.

It's interesting because I've been wanting to know more about drawing software. I am totally in the dark with what's out there, and have only up until now used traditional materials to make art. If you know of any others let us know. And what is Bioshock?
Bioshock is a video game with some of the greatest environments imo, and the plot is philosophical too. Something maybe folks in here can appreciate.