How can a woman ruin a man ?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

duszek

How can a woman ruin a man ?

Post by duszek »

In an Italian novel by Italo Svevo a certain Emilio Brentani (34 years, living with a sister, small income as an employee in an insurance company) starts a love affair with a gorgeous young woman and wants make sure that there will be no risks involved:
he makes it clear that he is never going to marry her, he just wants to amuse himself with her for a while.
Feeling guilty of taking advantage of her youth and beauty he wants to teach her to benefit from life better by knowing her price etc.

And yet, there seems to be trouble afoot. Angiolina was invovled with another weathy man and he ended up badly, he went bankrupt.

How will Angiolina ruin Emilio ? That´s what I want to find out.
Emilio believes that he is an experienced man but what he calls experience is what he had read in books. He despises everyone and does not trust anyone.

What are Emilio´s weak points that Angiolina can exploit ?
Any guesses ?
duszek

Re: How can a woman ruin a man ?

Post by duszek »

So far Emilio uses his savings for picknicks: expensive wines, cheese, sausages etc.
They walk around in the area and enjoy themselves.
In order to finance these outings with the beloved he will have to cut down on daily expenses.

No ruin so far.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

duszek wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:15 pm So far Emilio uses his savings for picknicks: expensive wines, cheese, sausages etc.
In order to finance these outings with the beloved he will have to cut down on daily expenses.

No ruin so far.
Proverbs 21:9
It is better to live in a corner of a roof Than in a house shared with a contentious woman.
If a man doesn't want to end up living in a corner of a roof, he must learn to avoid contentious women regardless of how attractive they are.
Celebritydiscodave2

Post by Celebritydiscodave2 »

Perhaps by regularly beating him to a pulp? I had the police in my home today in order that three of us together could over power and evict my then lodger`s (male) so called girlfriend. She is incredibly strong for a girl, and that`s even before she mixed alcohol with cocaine, Yes, sure, I have got a no drugs and no alcohol rule, that did n`t stop her, nor smoking like a chimney in her room. Her boyfriend wanted out, he got out, he fell out the window in trying to escape her blows, ten stone of muscle, and I`ve just finished repairing his impact on a tiled roof. From here he fell ten feet to the ground. Neither can come back, both still remain good friends, she`s eighteen, and he is twenty two. Emotional entrapment closely followed on by a regular beating to a pulp, that might eventually ruin him. Guess what though, even now he wants her back, or otherwise thinks that he does.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Celebritydiscodave2 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:22 pm Perhaps by regularly beating him to a pulp? I had the police in my home today in order that three of us together could over power and evict my then lodger`s (male) so called girlfriend. She is incredibly strong for a girl, and that`s even before she mixed alcohol with cocaine, Yes, sure, I have got a no drugs and no alcohol rule, that did n`t stop her, nor smoking like a chimney in her room. Her boyfriend wanted out, he got out, he fell out the window in trying to escape her blows, ten stone of muscle, and I`ve just finished repairing his impact on a tiled roof. From here he fell ten feet to the ground. Neither can come back, both still remain good friends, she`s eighteen, and he is twenty two. Emotional entrapment closely followed on by a regular beating to a pulp, that might eventually ruin him. Guess what though, even now he wants her back, or otherwise thinks that he does.
You DO seem surrounded by drama and toxicity. As you continue to show with your ramblings, your environment doesn't seem very healthy/clear -- it's no wonder that people are freaking out and jumping out of windows. People who are not intoxicated with your reality like you are, can see how whacked out that is. You don't need to blame people for honestly commenting on it. It's YOUR FREAKY STUFF... and you're posting it for people to comment on.
Celebritydiscodave2

Lacewing wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:17 pm
Celebritydiscodave2 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:22 pm Perhaps by regularly beating him to a pulp? I had the police in my home today in order that three of us together could over power and evict my then lodger`s (male) so called girlfriend. She is incredibly strong for a girl, and that`s even before she mixed alcohol with cocaine, Yes, sure, I have got a no drugs and no alcohol rule, that did n`t stop her, nor smoking like a chimney in her room. Her boyfriend wanted out, he got out, he fell out the window in trying to escape her blows, ten stone of muscle, and I`ve just finished repairing his impact on a tiled roof. From here he fell ten feet to the ground. Neither can come back, both still remain good friends, she`s eighteen, and he is twenty two. Emotional entrapment closely followed on by a regular beating to a pulp, that might eventually ruin him. Guess what though, even now he wants her back, or otherwise thinks that he does.
You DO seem surrounded by drama and toxicity. As you continue to show with your ramblings, your environment doesn't seem very healthy/clear -- it's no wonder that people are freaking out and jumping out of windows. People who are not intoxicated with your reality like you are, can see how whacked out that is. You don't need to blame people for honestly commenting on it. It's YOUR FREAKY STUFF... and you're posting it for people to comment on.
You talk some rubbish, do n`t you, get your brain in gear. Just because the word combination looks pretty on the page, pretty to you that is, it does n`t follow that it makes the least bit of sense. For anything you need to imagine to be possible we`d first likely have to be sleeping three to a bed.
They are a couple and were renting a room, it was not my relationship, and I did everything which was possible to resolve the situation. I work with the authorities in running a sanctuary for people here, and many have serious issues. I do a very good job of it. Both of them finished friends of mine at the end of it, as well as at every single point during, so how toxic is that? Likely a thousand fold better than you`d of managed, you`d of been totally clueless, and hence all of your immature nonsense talk now. This word combination might not be as appealing to you, but at least it makes logical sense, the stuff of philosophy, remember? If I`d caused an issue in my house I`d hardly come here and promote it, now would I, fool. So stop rambling and start learning something here, that`s my advice to you, more especially as its you that is wasting space.

You are talking absolute and total garbage to the end, and as well you know, well, perhaps not you. Yes, you do wish that I was n`t in my sixties and beating the world, you do wish that young people were taking no interest in my exploits, and they are taking more interest since I joined this forum, you likely wish that I did n`t know what I`m talking about too. That is the absolute proof of it, in the real world, in logic, that the problem only lies with you, your prejudice, and your warped perception. You`ll never be more successful than me, so it seems, but at least get a life. Your toxic ramblings here cannot undo my success and cannot lessen those that follow my success. I do n`t brag, I state fact, it is not me making a big deal out of any of this, it is you, I merely fend off attacks, but your prejudice cannot cope in the real world, the world which I present you with, so the ignorance (prejudice) persists. Heaven forbid that you even think to learn anything beyond it. Meanwhile, I am proving that guys in their sixties can still beat the world. Should I suggest that one and one equals two you`d revoke it, for where there is prejudice mindless winning is all that one knows. Those that are not fools see through your style of so called "winning" Whilst I deal in real life you prove yourself not even to be aware of what real life is, you demonstrate absolutely no knowledge of it. What`s worse is that you are incapable to learn anything beyond your own prejudicial/ignorant postage stamp fabricated world. Apart from all of this you are the best living philosopher that I know!! haha.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Celebritydiscodave2 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:06 pm
You talk some rubbish, do n`t you, get your brain in gear. Just because the word combination looks pretty on the page, pretty to you that is, it does n`t follow that it makes the least bit of sense. For anything you need to imagine to be possible we`d first likely have to be sleeping three to a bed.
They are a couple and were renting a room, it was not my relationship, and I did everything which was possible to resolve the situation. I work with the authorities in running a sanctuary for people here, and many have serious issues. I do a very good job of it. Both of them finished friends of mine at the end of it, as well as at every single point during, so how toxic is that? Likely a thousand fold better than you`d of managed, you`d of been totally clueless, and hence all of your immature nonsense talk now. This word combination might not be as appealing to you, but at least it makes logical sense, the stuff of philosophy, remember? If I`d caused an issue in my house I`d hardly come here and promote it, now would I, fool. So stop rambling and start learning something here, that`s my advice to you, more especially as its you that is wasting space.

You are talking absolute and total garbage to the end, and as well you know, well, perhaps not you. Yes, you do wish that I was n`t in my sixties and beating the world, you do wish that young people were taking no interest in my exploits, and they are taking more interest since I joined this forum, you likely wish that I did n`t know what I`m talking about too. That is the absolute proof of it, in the real world, in logic, that the problem only lies with you, your prejudice, and your warped perception. You`ll never be more successful than me, so it seems, but at least get a life. Your toxic ramblings here cannot undo my success and cannot lessen those that follow my success. I do n`t brag, I state fact, it is not me making a big deal out of any of this, it is you, I merely fend off attacks, but your prejudice cannot cope in the real world, the world which I present you with, so the ignorance (prejudice) persists. Heaven forbid that you even think to learn anything beyond it. Meanwhile, I am proving that guys in their sixties can still beat the world. Should I suggest that one and one equals two you`d revoke it, for where there is prejudice mindless winning is all that one knows. Those that are not fools see through your style of so called "winning" Whilst I deal in real life you prove yourself not even to be aware of what real life is, you demonstrate absolutely no knowledge of it. What`s worse is that you are incapable to learn anything beyond your own prejudicial/ignorant postage stamp fabricated world. Apart from all of this you are the best living philosopher that I know!! haha.
You 'work with the authorities'? I don't suppose you make any money out of this 'sanctuary'. I wonder what they would make of your dating site escapades. Do-gooders are always dodgy in some way. That's why they hide behind do-gooding.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Celebritydiscodave2 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:06 pm ...
Seriously, are you on any type of drugs? That was the most bizarre load of projections I've ever read.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

duszek wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:15 pm So far Emilio uses his savings for picknicks: expensive wines, cheese, sausages etc.

No ruin so far.
The girl goes out on perpetual dates for a living, like a prostitute but not as physically intimate. He will feed, clothe, provide housing, etc. for her because she will string him along. She knows he is emotionally vulnerable, hence the trust issues. He will develop the girl, like a bad habit, and indulge it till their is nothing left. He may claim he does not want a relationship, but the truth is he to afraid to admit he needs one. She knows this, so she will string him along. It will be a death by a thousand pricks.
A_Seagull

Post by A_Seagull »

TY for sharing your experiences in running a sanctuary. I find it quite shocking that an 18 year old girl is into sex, violence and drugs. (Sex is fine at that age, but not combined with the other two.) What future is there for her? Or for her boy friend? The modern world is incredibly complex and it takes a lot of learning and understanding before one is able to interact with it effectively. It would be all too easy to blame the parents for not looking after their children well, but maybe they have their own problems. And maybe the girl and her boyfriend will go on to have kids of their own who will also turn out to be troubled youths. It carries on from one generation to the next. And it is perhaps the lack of learning that is the issue most easily addressed. Kids need to learn from others, rather than through their own personal experiences, that violence and drugs are not solutions to any personal problem. I wish them well.
Celebritydiscodave2

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:29 am
Celebritydiscodave2 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:06 pm

You 'work with the authorities'? I don't suppose you make any money out of this 'sanctuary'. I wonder what they would make of your dating site escapades. Do-gooders are always dodgy in some way. That's why they hide behind do-gooding.
You are wrong, not all so called do-gooders, you suffer from prejudice here too?, have something to hide. You are media determined, and there exists no story to be had from nothing, a person that does good not subsequently tripping him or herself up. Nobody would read the non happening. In the real world we mostly deal in non happenings. What we are told is not the actual real world. No, I do n`t belong to any dating sites, neither have I dated anybody in the past twenty years. I loathe dating! The rest was dealt with at the time of first asking. There are word combinations that put to question every single thing that a person ever says or does, but fortunately there exists a few people clever enough not to put word games before reality.. Philosophy is concerned with reality!
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Tell him the truth?

:lol:
Greta

Post by Greta »

Humans are the most dangerous animal to humans, even more so than mosquitoes. There are untold ways with which one human can ruin another, no matter what gender.

When another animal wants to get you, if you manage to escape, that is usually that. When a human really wants to get you, they can hunt you across the globe over what will be your lifetime. They are scary beasts! Handle with caution!
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Greta wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:41 pm Humans are the most dangerous animal to humans, even more so than mosquitoes. There are untold ways with which one human can ruin another, no matter what gender.

When another animal wants to get you, if you manage to escape, that is usually that. When a human really wants to get you, they can hunt you across the globe over what will be your lifetime. They are scary beasts! Handle with caution!
Being human, why are you compelled to act in this way? Don't you have at least some attraction to other alternatives?
Greta

Post by Greta »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:54 pm
Greta wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:41 pmHumans are the most dangerous animal to humans, even more so than mosquitoes. There are untold ways with which one human can ruin another, no matter what gender.

Being human, why are you compelled to act in this way? Don't you have at least some attraction to other alternatives?
Populations are diverse and it stands to reason that some people will be more dangerous than others.

No, I am not attracted to any alternatives due to my overwhelming blood lust. As you know, all I seek from life is murder, maiming, rape, pillage, theft, espionage, mutiny and learning to sustain excruciating torture of my hapless victims over long periods before frying them up and consuming them with a nice chianti. Oh yes, and genocide. I'm really keen on that too.

This is because I am an EVIL SECULARIST. My creed is death, my blood is poison, my breath acrid and foul, straight from the grave. Oh praise glorious Satan, king of darkness - scorch this wretched Earth and scour it of the righteous and beautiful (like Nick) as a new Hadean Era finally expurgates the stain and abomination of biology from the purity of rocks and stone, and return the planet once more to its proper fiery geological dominance!

But seriously though, yes, I am rather attracted to peaceful and mutually beneficial solutions to problems.