New Year's Resolutions

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: secular progressive = commie atheist

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:14 pm like most of the folks here
Stupid yanks can't define anything. Always labelling, and always getting it wrong.
Celebritydiscodave2

Re: New Year's Resolutions

Post by Celebritydiscodave2 »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:10 pm
thedoc wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:08 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:46 pm

Ten year old boys like ten year old girls. That's normal. If they still like them at seventy then there's a problem.
A problem for who, the young girl, the old man, or others who try to tell everyone else how to live.
Actually it's the law that protects children from old pervs (or is supposed to. Jimmy Savile would beg to differ).
The definition of a pervert is not as follows. The two way communication between a twenty something/one hundred and fifty something year old man and a sixteen year old female, neither even a ten year old child. Every teacher is in communication with younger people, there are many healthy friendships between teachers and younger people, to include children, and to avoid any interaction may itself on occasion be in its own way perverse. Further, there are no actual friendship laws in the Uk, adult teenager communication is not banned, not yet, sure, we may still be heading in that direction. We can still communicate, we do n`t have to walk on separate sides of the street, not yet. Grooming is obviously a huge concern, there is no friendship on the part of the older participant here, for we are talking friendship mimicry. Some young people can sense the difference, not all. Grooming is identified by inappropriate suggestion. Suggestion is not however by definition a part of grooming, it depends upon the nature of suggestion. As for what is perverse, the supporting and encouraging of young people, and by those of any age, is at the opposite end of the spectrum to plotting their destruction. I do far more which is positive for young people than most, but not nearly as much as most teachers.

According to the statistics, teenagers have more to worry about both within their own families and their own peer group, the statistics suggest to a far higher rate of perversion here, than ever from school teachers, or significantly older individuals generally. The problem can be for these older individuals that many back in society cannot even imagine why somebody so young would take a natural interest, for we are talking a natural interest, in a person that they can perceive only solely as old. The prejudice here is born out by the fact that despite them knowing absolutely nothing about the subject, and hence their reaction, prejudice permits them to tread not a single step in knowledge further. To separate older people that are genuinely a problem from the rest one first begins with an open mind, because from here one can take actual information on board. As for J.S, some of you seem to believe that to communicate with a teenager is to force your tongue down their neck, so you have a very long journey ahead of you should truth be your genuine agenda here. I for one do n`t happen to believe that it is. There are a few of you at odds with the mob, you support common sense and logic over ignorance, jealousy (why jealousy is hard to know), and toxic prejudice. Good job, well done!

Your relationships with females to one side, to like a person of the opposing gender need not be to like them as one dog likes another dog. Just because you only like those females which you like sexually you have not discovered here any absolute for how the rest of your gender experience this state of liking. It is not for every male a sexual act. As for any notion of my being old, at sixty two, your opinion will only begin to count for something if and when you can produce just one single individual, and of any age, that can out perform me physically, although I`m pretty good mentally too. Good luck with that. I have this young following for very good reason. There response to me is void of prejudgement, thus, it is a response to the real and actual world. I steer them by the healthy path. I am not a dog, such that I can do this safely. There is a higher statistical risk of harm from younger than I if only because younger folk are more sexually orientated.
Last edited by Celebritydiscodave2 on Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:16 pm, edited 6 times in total.
uwot

Re: secular progressive = commie atheist

Post by uwot »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:14 pm like most of the folks here
What's with the sotto voce, quirk? Afraid you might upset someone?
Celebritydiscodave2

Not really!!
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Celebritydiscodave2 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:19 am...
My posts (as I'm sure of many) are provocative in order to see more about a person's thinking, character, etc. Not only because it's fun to play and explore with these ideas, but because people's words often don't reveal as much as their reactions do. It's like poking a person to see what comes out. It can be helpful online because we can't see all of the body language in person.

I see the logic in many of the things you said, Dave, in the post referenced above. Of course young people need (and want) older advisers and teachers(!), and of course there are some men who would fill this role honorably without other motives(!), and of course you may be one of those men(!). At the same time, there are good reasons why people here have questioned your motives -- based on questionable things that you, yourself, have said. And when you respond to that questioning with a load of crazy projections (as you've done in some other posts) -- saying that people are jealous of you, and that they will never be as successful as you, and that they don't care about young people -- that's just crazy and weird! And that's why I asked, a couple of times, if you were on drugs.

The irony here is WHAT YOU have been visualizing and claiming inaccurately about OTHERS while you claim to be a victim of a mob making inaccurate assessments of you. Can you see that?

Things go smoother when we all have level heads and don't take any of this exploration too seriously. It's okay if people think you're whacked out. It's okay if people think I'm whacked out. All we can do is address what is said and clarify any confusion, hopefully without making it worse. :D
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

A chief characteristic of the modern educated indoctrinated person is their reliance on politically correct attempts at psychological harassment to justify themselves. At the extreme for example it creates "snowflakes" or the idealized product of polically correct modern education.

Of course it is the antithesis of philosophy and is why those who practice politically correct harassment could never understand the rational behind Einstein's cosmic man. It is why philosophy as the love of wisdom must go underground and its techniques practiced in private..

It is an attribute of the human condition. Only a minority will have the need, will, and courage to transcend indoctrinated opinions and their expression though politically correct harassment and begin on the path towards wisdom.
Celebritydiscodave2

The only irony is that whatever I say or do I`m wrong, mob rules. It`s not me that exercises the prejudice, every single which way, and I`m not complaining whilst I`m so called judged, so neither should those holding the prejudice be when tables are turned, and it is my turn to judge them. The victims of prejudice seldom defend themselves adequately, and it comes as a shock to people when their defence outstrips that prejudice directed them, a very considerable shock. Strong defence on their part can turn the tide of prejudice, so it`s not for no reason, and at the same time prejudice is very definitely wrong.

I cannot win, if my defence is too weak I lose, and if my defence turns tables, for the only meaningful defence is through having those that carry the prejudice examine themselves, I lose, for it is claimed that I`m being unreasonable. Meanwhile, in my opinion, whilst certainly trying, you are still trapped in playing word associations whilst avoiding the actual reality of the situation, and you`ll likely avoid/be in denial over any circumstance which is not perfect for you. This tends to be the reality of these places, unfortunately. They are used in order to prove oneself to oneself, and having nobody actually present creates the environment for this. You cannot on one hand attack me and on the other complain at my defence, it`s not philosophically logical, and none of my defence is mindless/held with prejudice. You must see this? Sure, these places are very hard on one, but so is doing social psychology, it`s personal, so beyond emotional relationships it is as hard as it gets. Nobody here though, you are an unknown, so in reality it is n`t even logical to care.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Celebritydiscodave2 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:19 pm Meanwhile, in my opinion, whilst certainly trying, you are still trapped in playing word associations whilst avoiding the actual reality of the situation, and you`ll likely avoid/be in denial over any circumstance which is not perfect for you. This tends to be the reality of these places, unfortunately. They are used in order to prove oneself to oneself, and having nobody actually present creates the environment for this.
Is this how you use it, Dave? Although it may be common, I don't think everyone uses it this way.
Celebritydiscodave2 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:19 pm It`s not me that exercises the prejudice
I've been focused on things like your consistency, honesty, balance, mental state... based on the things you've said -- how is that prejudice?

Do you realize that while you accuse other people of seeing it how they want to, you are demonstrating that you are seeing things how you want to? Do you think that you are showing the flexibility in your communication/understanding that you want others to show to you? It doesn't appear that you are. I've acknowledged understanding things you've said -- have you acknowledged understanding what I've said?
Celebritydiscodave2 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:19 pm You cannot on one hand attack me and on the other complain at my defence,
Why not? If I challenge you based on something you say, and then your response is illogical or inconsistent or a spew of false accusations, of course I can respond telling you that's absurd. That's how discussions go here. People are challenged based on what they say. And it goes back and forth.
Celebritydiscodave2 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:19 pm Sure, these places are very hard on one, but so is doing social psychology, it`s personal, so beyond emotional relationships it is as hard as it gets. Nobody here though, you are an unknown, so in reality it is n`t even logical to care.
I agree with both statements. They represent different ways of experiencing this environment. Some people might take it very hard -- and that's unfortunate, as that shows perhaps their own painful fragility or weakness, which they want to lash out at others for, although others may have no intent of causing harm! (Any of us are capable of saying or doing anything crazy or brilliant -- why not be honest about noticing that?) Alternatively, this environment is a place to bounce ideas around, without taking it personally or seriously. Like a racquetball court where you cannot see the other player. :) You do your best, and maybe you learn some things.

I've been truthful and genuine with you Dave (even if I've been provoking you). I'm sorry if that positions me as an enemy in your court. :) Surely you can understand that things aren't always what they seem.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Celebritydiscodave2 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:19 pm The only irony is that whatever I say or do I`m wrong
You should stop lying so much. None of us cares about your age at all, except that you have made it part of so many of your claims, and you kept lying about it. You pretended to set actual world records, but now I see that got downgraded to semi-official local records, whatever the fuck that is supposed to be.

Basically, anything you've written that can be correlated to reality, you've demonstrably lied about. So you aren't trusted, and now you feel sorry for yourself about that?

Just stop lying about stuff. It's easy. Admit it too, you seem to be determined not to do that even when completely caught. It just adds to the lies and confirms that we are right to think of you as a recidivist bullshitter with no chance of redemption. Which is what you are.
Celebritydiscodave2 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:19 pm I`m not complaining whilst I`m so called judged
You are complaining, so that's just another lie.
Celebritydiscodave2 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:19 pmso neither should those holding the prejudice be when tables are turned, and it is my turn to judge them
Stop indulging in silly revenge fantasies and deal with the obvious honesty and integrity deficits you have. You've wasted too much of your life trying to pretend that you can cheat the ageing process, and spent far too little learning from your mistakes.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Dave
The definition of a pervert is not as follows. The two way communication between a twenty something/one hundred and fifty something year old man and a sixteen year old female, neither even a ten year old child. Every teacher is in communication with younger people, there are many healthy friendships between teachers and younger people,
Granted, in past times and in other cultures including native cultures, elders were considered people of wisdom worthy of it being passed on to the young. Those days are over. All elders except those preaching the state will be considered potential pervs who the young should be protected from. Elders no longer have wisdom; only the state does and the young must be protected from those who doubt.
vegetariantaxidermy

Perhaps people came to the realisation that most old people are just as stupid as most young people.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:35 pm Dave
The definition of a pervert is not as follows. The two way communication between a twenty something/one hundred and fifty something year old man and a sixteen year old female, neither even a ten year old child. Every teacher is in communication with younger people, there are many healthy friendships between teachers and younger people,
Granted, in past times and in other cultures including native cultures, elders were considered people of wisdom worthy of it being passed on to the young. Those days are over. All elders except those preaching the state will be considered potential pervs who the young should be protected from. Elders no longer have wisdom; only the state does and the young must be protected from those who doubt.
The elder's said "do what you want". So we followed their advice...and here we are. The "elders" are reaping what they sowed along time ago. Do you think our generation will have it any easier? Most of us (millenials) will be euthanized when deemed to "expensive" to take care of, it might start to happen to the generation above us first.

In a few decades we will be elders. We will be treated worse than the generation above us...they got nursing homes, we will get a shot in the arm and told to die. All of this will be conveniently disquised under the words "freedom", "choice", "comfort" of course. The thing of it is will we deserve it? What wisdom does our generation possess other than trivial social etiquette relative to specific groups?

That question is will we be able to think for ourselves considering our only means of communication are relegated to various forms of social media? Not without a constant influx of opinion...and that is what our generation thrives of off opinion.

The pursuit of happiness has become an intolerable yoke for our generation and has distorted the very concept of what it means to be human. "Do what you want" is the ethical and moral standard of today's times. It will be the very thing which destroys us.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Oh great, I see Nick's got himself a dance partner.
vegetariantaxidermy

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:00 am
Nick_A wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:35 pm Dave
The elder's said "do what you want". So we followed their advice...and here we are. The "elders" are reaping what they sowed along time ago. Do you think our generation will have it any easier? Most of us (millenials) will be euthanized when deemed to "expensive" to take care of, it might start to happen to the generation above us first.

In a few decades we will be elders. We will be treated worse than the generation above us...they got nursing homes, we will get a shot in the arm and told to die. All of this will be conveniently disquised under the words "freedom", "choice", "comfort" of course. The thing of it is will we deserve it? What wisdom does our generation possess other than trivial social etiquette relative to specific groups?

That question is will we be able to think for ourselves considering our only means of communication are relegated to various forms of social media? Not without a constant influx of opinion...and that is what our generation thrives of off opinion.

The pursuit of happiness has become an intolerable yoke for our generation and has distorted the very concept of what it means to be human. "Do what you want" is the ethical and moral standard of today's times. It will be the very thing which destroys us.
Oh stop fretting you stupid old coot. Even people who want euthanasia can't get it because of religious fuck-heads. Plus, with ageing populations and because the older people get the more they seem to want to cling to life for some reason, there's not a hope in hell of it happening. Why are old people so obsessed with staying alive when they are falling to bits? Never say 'how are you?' to an elderly person. You will get an hour long lecture on every ache and creak and how their catheter fell out and how many pills they take, and what operation they have coming up, and who's died (their favourite part of the newpaper is the death notices)...
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:22 am Never say 'how are you?' to an elderly person. You will get an hour long lecture on every ache and creak and how their catheter fell out and how many pills they take, and what operation they have coming up, and who's died (their favourite part of the newpaper is the death notices)...
:lol: :lol: :lol: A lot of them talk about Jesus too (you'd think they'd be anxious to go be with him rather than barely clinging to life for years the way they do). One was telling me about the delicious menu of food that would be served at their banquet with God when they get to Heaven. Turkey, roast beef, mashed potatoes... I'm not sure where that passage is in the Bible. ??? :lol: