Post by henry quirk »

HA!

Merry Christmas, Flash!

Merry Christmas to everyone here!
-1-

Re: your property vs the other guy

Post by -1- »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:26 pm
If someone winds up getting injured or dead while in the process of stealing other peoples stuff, should we feel bad about it?
Why should we feel any way about it? Good or bad? You can't tell us to have this feeling or that feeling, or not to have this feeling or that feeling. The Catholic Church tried that, and it caused a Reformation.

Thought control is not nice. I think we should feel bad about thought control, and about remote control of other's emotive reactions to events.
-1-

Post by -1- »

And uh, yes, merry Christmas to you too.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

"Why should we feel any way about it?"

You can 'feel' whatever you like...don't make me no never mind...I'm just asking questions and giving opinions, not issuing directions.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:26 pm Found this question elsewhere and thought it discussion/debate/argument worthy...

If someone winds up getting injured or dead while in the process of stealing other peoples stuff, should we feel bad about it?

Example: fella wants to rob a house (the owners are away on vacation)...he gets the bright idea of goin' down the chimney...as he makes his way down, he slips and falls, injuring himself and gettin' caught up in the flue...two weeks later the home owners return to find his carcass.

Is this person deserving of sympathy, tears?

Another example: fella waylays a pedestrian, brandishes a pistol, demands the pedestrian's property...the pedestrian pulls his own pistol and gut shoots the would-be mugger, who runs away, collapses around the corner and dies.

Is this person deserving of sympathy, tears?
I don't know. I suppose it would depend on whether or not the burglar was someone your son.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Sure, I expect the family and friends of a scumbag to mebbe mourn when the scumbag passes, but that's not what I'm talkin' about.

I'm talkin' about the folks who get teary-eyed when the scumbag they don't know gets offed, the same folks who wanna jump the ass of the potential victim for havin' the temerity to defend himself against predation. It's the mindset that sez 'give 'em the wallet, it's just money' wholly ignoring that money represents an investment of time and effort, an investment the scumbag gleefully pisses on.
Nick_A

Re:

Post by Nick_A »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:46 pm Sure, I expect the family and friends of a scumbag to mebbe mourn when the scumbag passes, but that's not what I'm talkin' about.

I'm talkin' about the folks who get teary-eyed when the scumbag they don't know gets offed, the same folks who wanna jump the ass of the potential victim for havin' the temerity to defend himself against predation. It's the mindset that sez 'give 'em the wallet, it's just money' wholly ignoring that money represents an investment of time and effort, an investment the scumbag gleefully pisses on.
I'm sorry, yours is not a politically correct attitude. Suppose it would have been an illegal alien entering your country and had been killed for trying to better himself? How callous can you be?

You will need an attitude adjustment. Fear not. Your government will aid in your reeducation and with effort you can become normal. Your government cares.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

"How callous can you be?"

Way more than I let on here in this place.

#

"You will need an attitude adjustment."

Death it is, then.

#

"Your government cares"

HA!