Philosophy the Impractical Art

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Celebritydiscodave2

Re: Philosophy the Impractical Art

Post by Celebritydiscodave2 »

Truth is merely perceptual, they have their truth whilst I have my own, and no single individual should be dictated to in terms of that truth by anybody, not even supposed gods. Where social insights are concerned we are right back in the dark ages, with many children further advanced than their parents.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Celebritydiscodave2 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:39 pm Truth is merely perceptual, they have their truth whilst I have my own, and no single individual should be dictated to in terms of that truth by anybody, not even supposed gods. Where social insights are concerned we are right back in the dark ages, with many children further advanced than their parents.
]

So is that the universal truth?
thata23

Post by thata23 »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:48 pm
I think it would be pretty hard to deny that every one of us is connected and that all of our action's affect others. The mistakes of one are the mistakes of everyone, it's hard to deny we are all in this thing together, even if it may be fun and motivating to think of ourselves as separate, unique beings since in this current system, selfish desires are the main motivator for many. If we are able to think of ourselves as all together on a universal mission and still be motivated (even more motivated), that seems to be universal truth and freedom.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

thata23 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:04 pm
I think it would be pretty hard to deny that every one of us is connected and that all of our action's affect others. The mistakes of one are the mistakes of everyone, it's hard to deny we are all in this thing together, even if it may be fun and motivating to think of ourselves as separate, unique beings since in this current system, selfish desires are the main motivator for many. If we are able to think of ourselves as all together on a universal mission and still be motivated (even more motivated), that seems to be universal truth and freedom.
So there are constant truths?
thata23

Post by thata23 »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:56 am
To me, I do not know any way to refute that all of our actions are connected - even if this universe were a simulation or we are just a very small, minuscule part of it, our actions and way we live are determined by the minds of humans around us and who lived before us. For the thoughts of one person's mind to be able to be revealed to the Earth and be used by others is incredible. What would be a scenario in which it would be beneficial for our ideas/discoveries to remain separate and locked in the minds of individuals rather than be revealed for the whole group? Being able to combine all our individual ideas together is what makes humanity function and achieve higher feats. And these new ideas build on the ideas around them and before them.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

thata23 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:37 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:56 am

To me, I do not know any way to refute that all of our actions are connected - even if this universe were a simulation or we are just a very small, minuscule part of it, our actions and way we live are determined by the minds of humans around us and who lived before us. For the thoughts of one person's mind to be able to be revealed to the Earth and be used by others is incredible. What would be a scenario in which it would be beneficial for our ideas/discoveries to remain separate and locked in the minds of individuals rather than be revealed for the whole group? Being able to combine all our individual ideas together is what makes humanity function and achieve higher feats. And these new ideas build on the ideas around them and before them.
So is there a unified dimension within all of us that continually reflects?
thata23

Post by thata23 »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:41 am

So is there a unified dimension within all of us that continually reflects?
Faith that at the end of the day, all of humanity realizes we are in whatever this thing is together.
Celebritydiscodave2

Post by Celebritydiscodave2 »

And all of that is going to neatly happen before the end of human time, right? Look, everybody already appreciates that we all share humanity, the same planet, and night following day, but how might the sharing of this same journey pan out then? There is the geography divide, the age divide, the gender divide, the creed divide, the language divide, and the aspiration divide, all of this and more must be as nothing first. The only way I can see it happening is if there is first global acceptance of the need to escape this planet, global participation in accomplishing this escape, and even then only among those few that actually make the escape, taking it that they are successful and relocate. Back at home on earth there would in probability just be wars.