"Ladies and Gentlemen" as ideals of conduct.

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

tbieter

"Ladies and Gentlemen" as ideals of conduct.

Post by tbieter »

http://www.theimaginativeconservative.o ... orvat.html

When my son was in the ninth grade it was the custom that the couples were formed by the girls asking the boys to go to the dance. A month or so before the dance, I was reading one Saturday morning. My son and his pals were present, not yet having decided what they were going to do that day.

I heard the dance mentioned in their conversation. Then I heard one of the boys say that he was going to stand up his date, just not show up to pick her up. He had changed his mind, He didn't want to go to the dance. Then other boys said "Yeah, lets just not show up."

I leaped from my chair and announced that they were not going to do that. And then I commenced my lecture:

"You are going to the dance, and you are going to be gentlemen. You must take a bath so you don't stink.
You're not going to fart or burp at the table. You're going to pay attention to your date, listening to her whenever she talks. You're going to make the evening magical for her because its the most important night of her life.

I had the boys howling in laughter, even to tears, and rolling on the floor.

I forgot about my lecture, and on the night of the dance I drove several couples to the restaurant for dinner, and then to the dance.

Later, my wife and I went to the dance to watch our son dance. I suddenly decided that I wanted to cut in on my son and dance with his date. During our dance, I asked her "Are you having a good time?" To my amazement, she replied: "YES, MR. BIETER. THE BOYS ARE GENTLEMEN. THEY ARE FOLLOWING YOUR ADVICE FROM THE LECTURE YOU GAVE THEM!

I was stunned. I had totally forgotten about my antics before the boys on that Saturday morning. I was amazed that they remembered and that they were influenced by what I said in humor.

COMMENTARY:
The more the concepts of "lady" and "gentleman", as ideals of civilized conduct disappear from a culture, the more men will act like brutes, like barbarians, like Bill Clinton, Harvey Weinstein, and the others.

tbieter

Re: "Ladies and Gentlemen" as ideals of conduct.

Post by tbieter »

From the article above:
"The recent sexual harassment scandals should come as no surprise. They are the product of a rotten culture where people no longer treat those around them as ladies and gentlemen."
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

tbieter wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:41 pm From the article above:
"The recent sexual harassment scandals should come as no surprise. They are the product of a rotten culture where people no longer treat those around them as ladies and gentlemen."
You've provided a description of how men should act towards women. Could you provide a description of how women should act to warrant these attitudes.
tbieter

Post by tbieter »

Nick_A wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:27 pm
You've provided a description of how men should act towards women. Could you provide a description of how women should act to warrant these attitudes.
To start, by practicing the virtue of modesty. An excellent study on the virtue is "A Return to Modesty" by Wendy Shalit. When the local liberal, lesbian rabbi acted in a miniskirt in a production of "
The Vagina Monologues" I criticized her immodest participation, citing Schallit's book, in a letter to the newspaper. During the next week or so, when I would encounter a Jewish friend of my age, he or she would smile, but not mention my letter. I got the impression that they agreed with my criticism, but could not do so publicly.

A return to modesty would be a start.
Celebritydiscodave2

Post by Celebritydiscodave2 »

Nick_A wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:27 pm
They should have to do nothing whatsoever, so act in no particular way, this should be the minimum standard for guys, and it should begin and end here. I have recently treated a 22 yr old male lodger in a similar way, only far worse than by leaving it as a mere lecture, he`d just got through three girls on the trot, getting them pregnant then dumping them, and I did n`t want his present so called girlfriend, my other lodger, becoming another statistic of his. I threatened to chuck him out, deliberately with no notice, and timing it for heavy rain, should he give her any such grief, and I was shouting and swearing at him as I told him. They have both been seemingly grateful since, and the relationship appears far more sincere. He`ll never become an actual gentlemen, but that`s likely because this is impossible anyway. We are only a product of that which we have experienced, and taking him there in this way has likely added very dramatically to that which he himself has experienced. It is out of the callous and self centered regard they suffer at the hand of young men that modesty becomes a fleeting luxury.
uwot

Post by uwot »

tbieter wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:15 amA return to modesty would be a start.
Burkas all round then.
-1-

Post by -1- »

Be forewarned -- spoiler alert: extremely rude language and images in text, describing sexual behaviour. Meant as humour. That means you may laugh at points.

Etiquette: Miss Manners’ Guide To Sex

The gentleman shall hold the lady’s left breast and gently massage around her teat with the index finger of his right hand as the servants offer hors d’oeuvres around the room.
The lady shall place her two lips (ruby red) on the gentleman’s tip of the rod. This is called “two for the rod.” The tip shall be circumnavigated by the tip of the lady’s tongue while the attention is spent on avoiding a pirouette that is too low.
The gentleman shall at this point insert his index finger of his left hand (first please remove the white glove and if desired by the lady, the gentleman shall swirl his fingertip in K-Y Jelly), between her tulips, such as the Labia Minora (ruby red) and the Labia Majora, (spotted- or rusted-ruby red with some cheesy secretion) as he bends around to the lady’s derriere and inserts his tongue in her anus. The gentleman shall be careful to say the proper phrase at this point, “Mademoiselle s’il vous plait, ne faissez-vous pas la wind.” The exact wording is important, as it has been codified by King Henry VIII, by Oliver Cromwell, and in modern times by Bigfoot.
When enough time has passed, allowing the servants to change the sheets from velvet to satin, the gentlemen shall remove all his extensions from all the crevices and cavities of the lady, including from her mind, which has often been referred to by impudently astute servants as “vacuous.”
The servants at this point must bow and retire, leaving only the lady’s charwoman, the man’s guitar boy, the abbey and the ambassador from France in the room.
A pause d’affair is held; the men may smoke and smell salts, while the lady and her maitre d’matron submerge their minds and souls into pious prayer and meditation.
When the gentleman, still fully unclad, can’t abide with any more delay, he must mercilessly fuck the lady, followed by pious prayers on his knees, murmuring the Holy Rosary. Upon the final thrusts of the gentleman’s hip movement, the exitantes line up for their well-rehearsed exeunt from the bedroom, in this order: the guitar boy leads the way, holding his master’s family crest high in the air. He is followed by the abbey, whose tail the ambassador must be holding. The Lady-in-waiting and her hapless foot servant close the procession, holding the precious jewels of the Marquis’s family high in the air. (Euphemism here, this is clarified for the sake of beginner-level readers.) The travel of the sack containing the jewels may be a tad uncomfortable for the gentleman, but as they say, noblisse obliegue. (Nobility is rather oblong. For the sake of intermediate readers.)
While the recess is held, the grail is brought in, in which the pearls and golden globules are swirling and swinging. This is placed on the Louis XIV handwash basin holder table. Having formed a flank from the entrance to the baldachin-pedestalled bed, the upstairs servants shall form a living red carpet on the ground, on which the Lady and the Gentleman shall attend all the way to their matrimonial (or some matrimonial) bed. The sheets have been changed to silk and a single long-stemmed red rose is placed on the pillow, intended for the lady to sit on it at one point, since the Lord Marquis suffers terribly from a mild case of sexual sadism.
The lady must at this point arch her back and offer her igneous womb to the gentleman for his pleasure of ravish. She shall enjoy this by giving out at first quiet, then increasingly louder and louder sighs, moans, and gnashing of teeth. (It is the gentleman’s duty to have made it sure that his testicles have alighted from the lady’s mandibular cavity by this stage.)
After much difficulty, the gentleman somehow manages an erection. Having observed this, the horns must be sounded and the villagers must drop whatever they were doing on the fields and in their huts and shelters and stand in attention expressing their awe of the master’s potency.
The candle is blown out by the cook. (NOT by the chef, the bread-girl, or the kitchen-sewage slumper that they had to bring in from Belgium because nobody in entire fair England was willing to do the job. This was mentioned for the sake of understanding the proper context by the stronger readers.)
The servants, the Abbey’s ailing stepmother, the ceremonial four headless dwarves of the royal ornamental justice, and the mother bear, all must kneel down at this point on the lord marquis while the Abbey unveils the “con-dome” and imbues it on the now more-or-less turgid rod of Sir Rod.
Then the old chap must slap it in, do some tube-violin playing, thank the lady, and then send everyone home early for the holidays, because I’m tired of my own stupid story and am very tired and sleepy myself.
Celebritydiscodave2

Post by Celebritydiscodave2 »

It actually starts with remembering not to eat your meal with your unwashed bare hands, but it seems that not everybody is capable of reaching this apparently overly demanding starting line. Yes, I`m sorry to say it, but they are far better than you.