Can My Children be Friends with White People?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Viveka

Re: Can My Children be Friends with White People?

Post by Viveka »

Children know no racism. It is learned behavior, not innate.
Celebritydiscodave2

Post by Celebritydiscodave2 »

Seleucus wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:19 pm
Celebritydiscodave2 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:57 am I`d argue very strongly in terms of there being an actual net gain.
Obviously there is much to be gained for coloreds from having White friends: status, safety, prosperity, intelligence, culture and so on. The bigger question is why would a White person what a colored person as their friend?
And equally, the same for white people in having coloured friends, for all of those traits you have listed are not to be associated with skin colour, but rather with particular individuals, and even culture, for many have none. Why, a better body possibly, dark girls tend to having more attractive lines for instance. They stand the sun much better too. Much of the prejudice is down to the fact that in terms of the raw person we tend to being outdone.

Correct, children know no prejudice/ignorance
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:13 pm
Seleucus wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:19 pmI`d argue very strongly in terms of there being an actual net gain.
Obviously there is much to be gained for coloreds from having White friends: status, safety, prosperity, intelligence, culture and so on. The bigger question is why would a White person what a colored person as their friend?
Seems like you need a lesson in friendship. Friendship isn't just about using people. Although, as far as using goes...
Friends are allies. Most people have no idea what friend means today because they have 911 and welfare. Friendship has a deep history in the classical period and the chivalric romances which is worth looking at.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Viveka wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:46 pm Children know no racism. It is learned behavior, not innate.
Actually the evidence points in the opposite direction. And it's not generally 'race' that annoys people--it's completely different cultural habits and values from our own, which may or may not be practiced by people who don't look very different from ourselves. Can't you PC idiots get that through your thick heads and stop being so damned nauseating and hypocritical? As a matter of fact no one has to 'like' anyone.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Seleucus wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:15 am
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:13 pm
Seleucus wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:19 pmI`d argue very strongly in terms of there being an actual net gain.
Seems like you need a lesson in friendship. Friendship isn't just about using people. Although, as far as using goes...
Friends are allies. Most people have no idea what friend means today because they have 911 and welfare. Friendship has a deep history in the classical period and the chivalric romances which is worth looking at.
Research aristotle. friendship is not a business transaction. but yeah if a friend wont do you any favors they arent a real friend
Celebritydiscodave2

Post by Celebritydiscodave2 »

They likely cannot if you constantly make a big drama out of it, any more than a twenty something could likely have an enduring relationship with a sixty something, for there is quite simply far too much drama expressed around it. Much of what we might consider to be our life is actually both owned and run for us by society. Actual individualism tends to being super surface, and beyond this the vast majority of us fall very easily into sizeable groups. There is a greater tendency in the direction of the largest groups, and I`d suspect to discover at least a little, unrecognised by the individual perhaps, deep rooted prejudice over race and friendships, in most people. Likely no matter what the race.