Dystopia caused by gravity, utopia caused by low gravity.

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

GreatandWiseTrixie

Re: Dystopia caused by gravity, utopia caused by low gravity.

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

I know about that old article, several years ago we had a debate on whether the effects of the full moon were real or merely placebo enforced. ...
Did we?
We as in, me and someone else, not you. Should have dumbed it down for you.
99%, 90% or 50% of the brain is water. Surely that the tidal gravity has an effect on the mind.
Except that apparently tidal gravitational effects only work on open bodies of water.
Gravity goes through objects, genius. If I am inside a building, I don't float in the building I fall down.
Why would my brain being encased inside my head, and the water being trapped in my head, negate the force of gravity?
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:55 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:07 am I heard the argument that gravity is movement towards a material center. Anti gravity is movement towards a non-material (theoretical ether) center.

Consider all matter is in a constant state of flux, and is uniquely tied in to "gravity", a culture which centers itself on materialism is bound to be in a state of constant flux as the perceptions they form mirror the nature of the matter they idolize.
No you are looking too much into this mah man, or if you are a woman, mah woman.
By gravity I just mean a force applied to the brain. Force applied to the brain=not good. I think if their was less force applied to the brain, there would be more utopia, people would live more lightly.

Haha, fair enough, I disagree however...deep insight is gift from God and in that respect one can never look "to deep".

Your argument, although not perfect, does have alot of merit to it I believe. The simple truth is that celestial events to have a degree influence on the emotions of people...control however? No.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:06 pm
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:55 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:07 am I heard the argument that gravity is movement towards a material center. Anti gravity is movement towards a non-material (theoretical ether) center.

Consider all matter is in a constant state of flux, and is uniquely tied in to "gravity", a culture which centers itself on materialism is bound to be in a state of constant flux as the perceptions they form mirror the nature of the matter they idolize.
No you are looking too much into this mah man, or if you are a woman, mah woman.
By gravity I just mean a force applied to the brain. Force applied to the brain=not good. I think if their was less force applied to the brain, there would be more utopia, people would live more lightly.

Haha, fair enough, I disagree however...deep insight is gift from God and in that respect one can never look "to deep".

Your argument, although not perfect, does have alot of merit to it I believe. The simple truth is that celestial events to have a degree influence on the emotions of people...control however? No.
Influence is all that is needed. Control is a form of slavery. People must naturally desire utopia. A forced utopia is a dystopia, kind of like the so-called "utopia"(dystopia) of modern laws and living.

I think the Zodiac is true, but I don't know why. I think the gravity of stars is too distant to do anything. I think Zodiac occurs due to microbacteria of different months and seasons, affecting the brain.
For gravity to have an effect on the mind, it must be at least strong enough to cause the tides.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:... Why would my brain being encased inside my head, and the water being trapped in my head, negate the force of gravity?
It doesn't, it negates tidal effects due to gravity. I'd have thought you and the other brain-box you talked with would have thought about this?

Try this one, apparently any gravitational effect from the moon on us can be over-matched by the gravitational effect of a mosquito on your arm, do you think this gravitational effect affects your brain?
OuterLimits

Post by OuterLimits »

Just spitballing here, but the Moon will have a longer and more consistent gravitational influence than the mosquito...
GreatandWiseTrixie

Arising_uk wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:57 pm
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:... Why would my brain being encased inside my head, and the water being trapped in my head, negate the force of gravity?
It doesn't, it negates tidal effects due to gravity. I'd have thought you and the other brain-box you talked with would have thought about this?

Try this one, apparently any gravitational effect from the moon on us can be over-matched by the gravitational effect of a mosquito on your arm, do you think this gravitational effect affects your brain?
((6.67408 × 10^-11)*(1.4)*(7.34767309 × 10^22))/(363105021^2)=.00005207 =moon grav on brain
((6.67408 × 10^-11)*(1.4)*(1.1x10^-5))/(1^2)=4.671856 x 10^-16 =mosquito grav on brain.

Not even close.
GreatandWiseTrixie

OuterLimits wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:59 pm Just spitballing here, but the Moon will have a longer and more consistent gravitational influence than the mosquito...
True.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: Not even close.
Tell it to the astrophysicist who said it.

But my apologies as a search led to this - https://threesixty360.wordpress.com/200 ... -mosquito/

So apparently looks to be something bigger than a lab rat and smaller than a small bunny, knew those fluffy bastards were no good for one.

There is no effect of the full-moon on the brain due to tidal influences as the brain is a closed pool. If there is any then there would also be an effect during the new moon but I don't notice anyone chatting about that? Apart from the lunatics that is.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Arising_uk wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:13 am There is no effect of the full-moon on the brain due to tidal influences as the brain is a closed pool. If there is any then there would also be an effect during the new moon but I don't notice anyone chatting about that? Apart from the lunatics that is.
Hmm not sure, but you do have a point. Perhaps there is some mysterious waves the moon emits or something. Like the sunlight hits the rocks, and is transformed into new light.
EchoesOfTheHorizon

Post by EchoesOfTheHorizon »

Dumber and dumber by the post. How about we all just agree to just let this thread die?
GreatandWiseTrixie

EchoesOfTheHorizon wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:56 am Dumber and dumber by the post. How about we all just agree to just let this thread die?
Why can't you admit that there are some things that science just can't explain?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

And yet you started the OP with "This is scientific."?
GreatandWiseTrixie

Arising_uk wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:22 pm And yet you started the OP with "This is scientific."?
Things change and fluctuate.