Dystopia caused by gravity, utopia caused by low gravity.

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

GreatandWiseTrixie

Dystopia caused by gravity, utopia caused by low gravity.

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

On the FULL MOON it makes humans flirtatious and happy. On the Full Moon two women flirted with me. I myself felt in a happy, giddy mood.

THIS IS SCIENTIFIC. THE BRAIN IS 99% WATER. MOON AFFECTS OCEAN TIDES. THE BRAIN IS 99% WATER. FULL MOON REDUCES THE EARTHS GRAVITATIONAL PULL, BY EXERTING A GRAVITATIONAL FORCE IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION. THIS CAUSES PSYCHOLOGICAL PRESSURE TO DECREASE, AND FAIRIE LIKE EUPHORIA TO INCREASE. DURING THE FULL MOON I FELT THE MOST FAIRIE LIKE FEMININE AND FREE. I WAS VERY GIDDY.

In depictions of Utopia is fairie men jumping up and down in low gravity, like the Fool.

Low gravity causes spinal compression to decrease. Causes less weight of the body, more happiness, more euphoria, and less war instinct.
10% reduction of Earth's mass will cause a drastic psychological change in the human specie, causing Utopia.

Zero gravity will cause too much muscle mass loss.
There will need to be some gravity, but not too much gravity.
Dystopia is caused by high gravity, causing Pressure on the mind.
Arising_uk

Re: Dystopia caused by gravity, utopia caused by low gravity.

Post by Arising_uk »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:THIS IS SCIENTIFIC. THE BRAIN IS 99% WATER. MOON AFFECTS OCEAN TIDES. THE BRAIN IS 99% WATER. FULL MOON REDUCES THE EARTHS GRAVITATIONAL PULL, BY EXERTING A GRAVITATIONAL FORCE IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION. THIS CAUSES PSYCHOLOGICAL PRESSURE TO DECREASE, AND FAIRIE LIKE EUPHORIA TO INCREASE. DURING THE FULL MOON I FELT THE MOST FAIRIE LIKE FEMININE AND FREE. I WAS VERY GIDDY. ...
None if this is scientific not least because the brain isn't 99% water.

Giddy isn't the word for you.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Arising_uk wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:27 am
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:THIS IS SCIENTIFIC. THE BRAIN IS 99% WATER. MOON AFFECTS OCEAN TIDES. THE BRAIN IS 99% WATER. FULL MOON REDUCES THE EARTHS GRAVITATIONAL PULL, BY EXERTING A GRAVITATIONAL FORCE IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION. THIS CAUSES PSYCHOLOGICAL PRESSURE TO DECREASE, AND FAIRIE LIKE EUPHORIA TO INCREASE. DURING THE FULL MOON I FELT THE MOST FAIRIE LIKE FEMININE AND FREE. I WAS VERY GIDDY. ...
None if this is scientific not least because the brain isn't 99% water.

Giddy isn't the word for you.
Let's say you're right, lets say the brain is 90% or 50% water. Argument still applies. You are arguing over minutia.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

I heard the argument that gravity is movement towards a material center. Anti gravity is movement towards a non-material (theoretical ether) center.

Consider all matter is in a constant state of flux, and is uniquely tied in to "gravity", a culture which centers itself on materialism is bound to be in a state of constant flux as the perceptions they form mirror the nature of the matter they idolize.
Viveka

Post by Viveka »

Well, to be fair, werewolves come out on a full moon. At least that's a hyper-masculine as much as masculinity gets, eat-you-for-dinner type of person.

I also find it interesting that the Fool Arcanum has a sun that looks like one would draw in Kindergarten, while the sign for Sun and Aurum in Alchemy is a circle with a point in the middle. Perhaps these are two different archetypes?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Let's say you're right, lets say the brain is 90% or 50% water. Argument still applies. You are arguing over minutia.
And you're just a lunatic.

You say you like science then here - https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... full-moon/
EchoesOfTheHorizon

Post by EchoesOfTheHorizon »

No, in America, it is folk wisdom (might be some truth) that people in insane asylums on the night of full moons go crazier. Many come to the conclusion that it is the results of tidal forces. I came to the same conclusion.... when I was 12.

I'm not sticking to that conclusion as a adult, because I haven't seen confirmation anywhere that people actually go insane, or act out, more on full moons. If this is so, then fighter pilots should be absolutely bonkers, not to mention people riding roller coasters. I wouldn't deny a effect between the moon and the mind (if the presumption is true) but wouldn't assert it has to do with tidal forces of the whole of the mass of water in the mind. Maybe it just effects the bodies ability to produce certain neuraltranmitters due to a unknown biological clock mechanism.... we are still discovering brain regions believe it or not (as well as internal organs, fascinating how we missed stuff from the Renaissance to 20th century.

As to the fool equaling utopia.... ph shit, why not. But I don't think such a archetype has anything to do with the tidal effect of the moon on the mind, as utopia and a fool has nothing specifically to do with it. This is like me associating a happy cat with getting a cat's urinary track infection cleared up.... to diagnose the urinary track infection, a happy or unhappy can, while it can indicate the state of distress of the cat, got diddly fucking shit to do with the urinary track function. You csn choose wisely to cut down on the white noise and focus on the urinary tract for signs and symptoms from it. I'm not going to rush in a cat tarot card to a veterinarian saying this is a pee cat card, it is associated with the cat not peeing. That knowledge, however curious, does nothing for a veterinarian.

Might be time to introduce you to Sextus Empericus.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

EchoesOfTheHorizon wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:18 am No, in America, it is folk wisdom (might be some truth) that people in insane asylums on the night of full moons go crazier. Many come to the conclusion that it is the results of tidal forces. I came to the same conclusion.... when I was 12.

I'm not sticking to that conclusion as a adult, because I haven't seen confirmation anywhere that people actually go insane, or act out, more on full moons. If this is so, then fighter pilots should be absolutely bonkers, not to mention people riding roller coasters. I wouldn't deny a effect between the moon and the mind (if the presumption is true) but wouldn't assert it has to do with tidal forces of the whole of the mass of water in the mind. Maybe it just effects the bodies ability to produce certain neuraltranmitters due to a unknown biological clock mechanism.... we are still discovering brain regions believe it or not (as well as internal organs, fascinating how we missed stuff from the Renaissance to 20th century.

As to the fool equaling utopia.... ph shit, why not. But I don't think such a archetype has anything to do with the tidal effect of the moon on the mind, as utopia and a fool has nothing specifically to do with it. This is like me associating a happy cat with getting a cat's urinary track infection cleared up.... to diagnose the urinary track infection, a happy or unhappy can, while it can indicate the state of distress of the cat, got diddly fucking shit to do with the urinary track function. You csn choose wisely to cut down on the white noise and focus on the urinary tract for signs and symptoms from it. I'm not going to rush in a cat tarot card to a veterinarian saying this is a pee cat card, it is associated with the cat not peeing. That knowledge, however curious, does nothing for a veterinarian.

Might be time to introduce you to Sextus Empericus.
What about "agitated" as a degree of insanity? I am not sure I fully agree with you, however I do not disagree with you. I have observed people, in unison, being more agitated over "nothing" in the presence of a celestial event such as a full moon or increase in solar activity.

Does one have to lose their mind completely? No, because there are other factor involved to counter-act it. However changes in emotions do not necessarily contradict these findings as the forces exhibited are "minute" (according to the Scientific American article).
GreatandWiseTrixie

Arising_uk wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:53 am
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Let's say you're right, lets say the brain is 90% or 50% water. Argument still applies. You are arguing over minutia.
And you're just a lunatic.

You say you like science then here - https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... full-moon/
The word Lunatic comes from full moon. Luna-tic.

I know about that old article, several years ago we had a debate on whether the effects of the full moon were real or merely placebo enforced.
I don't think they are anything to do with placebo. That night I didn't even know it was a full moon, and acted different than normal.
99%, 90% or 50% of the brain is water. Surely that the tidal gravity has an effect on the mind.
People do not think the same upside down.
Who does math upside down?
EchoesOfTheHorizon

I don't necessarily agree with myself, so take no offense. Just seems a decently high probability that this is a old wife's tale made up by someone's great great grandma and it caught on.

It is also possible they get agitated because people are observing them more, and they don't realize old senile farts and younger crazies are often like that for no reason. Increased curiosity in observation can feed into a urge to perform.

I can't rule it out completely though. Because I have no proof it is a old wife's tale, but you gotta remember we have a artificial construct of an Age of Enlightenment suddenly popping up out of of the dark age of ignorance, with saints like Hume and Darwin lighting the way foreward. I'm more in line with Umberto Ecco in seeing our civilization as a direct continuation of the thought of the Middle Ages, with people assuming stuff medieval in thinking as not belonging to that era, and thought far too modern as not belonging often astounded to find it reverse.

There was a philosopher from my area, at Cross Creek, (West Virginia) who in 1821 wrote a book about the history of the Ohio Valley region, which is funny cause it was only a generation, two at most old by then. He was a pastor with the Church of England, and wrote about people believing in witchcraft and spells and shooting silver bullets and rattlesnake farts causing fear.... he wrote about it in a most modern manner, but was from more or less the same stupid era. Because he knew a little Greek and Latin am I supposed to believe he had the rigor of a modern scientist in being able to discern what was proper in the way of thinking from fact?

Unlikely, he picked and choose ideas, dismissed some as nonsensical, adopted others because they seemed pragmatic and clear headed enough to sit in his system of the world, and went with it. Thing every age does this, and some very random silly ideas are able to persist with the full blessings of scientists..... if anything, we seem obsessed with adding to the mix.

If there is a good reason to be suspicious of this tidal wave theory that not just Trixie has come to conclusion with, it is the widespread acceptance of it, how logically simple it seems to even the youth, with no evidence of a mechanism involved in the mind, and for that matter, no explanation for why it doesn't happen under other circumstance. Seriously, why don't we do this when we put our brains under other stress, like long train rides? I'm not aware of any research looking into the tidal effects or speed effects on passenger's brains when they travel across a long distance on a bullet train, wel.... not modern ones at least. I do recall a story in England when trains first came around if everyone being convinced the human skull would crush in by riding at a speed of only a few dozen miles at a time. Makes sense to people used to the rush and havoc of riding a galloping horse. People generally don't have their heads caved in at that speed though. You can't take a flight after open heart surgury due to air pressure, but never heard of surgeons checking the tidal schedual for when the best time to do a operation. You think brain surgeons would of noted it by now. Or at least insurance companies with all the statistics.
EchoesOfTheHorizon

Australians do math upside down.
GreatandWiseTrixie

EchoesOfTheHorizon wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:43 am If there is a good reason to be suspicious of this tidal wave theory that not just Trixie has come to conclusion with, it is the widespread acceptance of it, how logically simple it seems to even the youth, with no evidence of a mechanism involved in the mind, and for that matter, no explanation for why it doesn't happen under other circumstance. Seriously, why don't we do this when we put our brains under other stress, like long train rides? I'm not aware of any research looking into the tidal effects or speed effects on passenger's brains when they travel across a long distance on a bullet train, wel.... not modern ones at least. I do recall a story in England when trains first came around if everyone being convinced the human skull would crush in by riding at a speed of only a few dozen miles at a time. Makes sense to people used to the rush and havoc of riding a galloping horse. People generally don't have their heads caved in at that speed though. You can't take a flight after open heart surgury due to air pressure, but never heard of surgeons checking the tidal schedual for when the best time to do a operation. You think brain surgeons would of noted it by now. Or at least insurance companies with all the statistics.
Lol, its called inertia. Long as you aren't on a curve, your momentum stays the same on a Bullet Train. Your local velocity remains zero relative to your past velocity. But uh...its a proven fact that Air Force pilots get stupid during high G maneuvers. It's probably the same at low G's, just less noticeable.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:07 am I heard the argument that gravity is movement towards a material center. Anti gravity is movement towards a non-material (theoretical ether) center.

Consider all matter is in a constant state of flux, and is uniquely tied in to "gravity", a culture which centers itself on materialism is bound to be in a state of constant flux as the perceptions they form mirror the nature of the matter they idolize.
No you are looking too much into this mah man, or if you are a woman, mah woman.
By gravity I just mean a force applied to the brain. Force applied to the brain=not good. I think if their was less force applied to the brain, there would be more utopia, people would live more lightly.
EchoesOfTheHorizon

Stupid isn't the same as what lunatics are being described has having. I've had the G dumbdown myself. Not just in the military. It isn't what we commonly are describing.

And it isn't inertia for airplain pilots pulling the Gs, it is the opposite. As for the train, the inertia argument isn't a good one, as I do believe they knew of Newton back in the 19th century, and they were more interested in the friction forces caving people's head in. Obviously, as someone who has jumped a few trains, I never believed this myself. Do believe landing head first though, the frictive forces of the rocks on the ground will have my head in. They just didn't know how to measure that stuff in a relevant way back in the day.... cause ships and horses never really pushed them to consider such things. Not a completely unfounded concern, shows someone was doing the risk assessment. Just.... hilarious in hindsight.

If you push a train fast enough, like under the highest of wind tunnel conditions, you'll eventually hit a point of bodily harm. The inertia argument would very quickly be shown not to be relevant as the conductor and passengers are knocked off by the wind. Of course, we couldn't make trains like that then, and doubt now. Took the professor in Back To The Future III a lot to just get a train going to 88 miles per hour. Wind Tunnels can dish out several hundreds of miles per hour of damage on a person before serious bodily issues start appearing.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:The word Lunatic comes from full moon. Luna-tic.
Really!? :roll: I knew I should have dumbed it down for the loonatic.
I know about that old article, several years ago we had a debate on whether the effects of the full moon were real or merely placebo enforced. ...
Did we?
I don't think they are anything to do with placebo. ...
And this great insight was based upon what?
That night I didn't even know it was a full moon, and acted different than normal. ...
So what happens on the new moon?
99%, 90% or 50% of the brain is water. Surely that the tidal gravity has an effect on the mind.
Except that apparently tidal gravitational effects only work on open bodies of water.
People do not think the same upside down.
You must be hanging from your feet all the time then.
Who does math upside down?
Mathtortionists or Mathnasts.