the death of Genius and the rise of degenerates

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

FlashDangerpants

Re: the death of Genius and the rise of degenerates

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Don't pass up the only opportunity you may get for a decade Eodnhoj... whisper something sweet about that symphony of order to me and I might give your gut stick a little squeeze.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:36 pm Don't pass up the only opportunity you may get for a decade Eodnhoj... whisper something sweet about that symphony of order to me and I might give your gut stick a little squeeze.
And this ladies and gentlemen is what "knowledge" has been reduced to in our day and age. I would like to thank the contributors of this thread, and most specifically FlashDangerpants", for all their hard work and contributions here about the "Death of Genius and the rise of degenerates."

I am sure we all learned a valuable lesson here and have a fuller understanding of why Socrates, Plato, and many others eventually argued for the necessity of a eugenics program.

Me personally, I disagree with their stance of Eugenics but understand why their arguments have merit.

I think it would comfortable to say that this thread has reached its limit and proved its point.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Is Eggnog7 the artist formerly known as Yiostheoy or are we just blessed to have a new king of pompous pretension?
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:41 pm Is Eggnog7 the artist formerly known as Yiostheoy or are we just blessed to have a new king of pompous pretension?
I am a King now? You are too generous. My first edict? Relax...
Celebritydiscodave2

Post by Celebritydiscodave2 »

I do n`t really get this theme - The death of genius? Are you suggesting that nobody is clever, that we actively seek non recognition of those that are clever, or that the recognition of clever people is not akin to that recognition of clever people of old? The rise of degenerates? What has a greater acceptance for those that did n`t go to finishing school got to do with nobody being clever anymore. Why this combo sentiment? "The death of class and the rise of degenerates", this I understand. I think that there is far more snobbery than ever before, but that this fact is not recognised in our society due to the actual definition of the term having been conveniently long forgotten.