WHAT MIND IS

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

surreptitious57

WHAT MIND IS

Post by surreptitious57 »

I define Mind as Consciousness existing throughout the Universe namely something that has always existed and will always exist so is not only
limited to human beings. Consciousness here does not mean brain function but simply ALL THERE IS which is the definition of Universe too so
therefore Consciousness is another word for Universe. Now I did recently say that the Universe is within Existence but Existence is more than
the Universe though this is wrong because the Universe is ALL THERE IS. The reason that I said that is because I was ONLY thinking of the non
conscious physical Universe not the conscious physical Universe that includes human beings. So I think the words Mind and Consciousness and
Universe and Existence all mean EXACTLY the same thing. To avoid confusion I will just use one of those words from now on. And that is Mind
ken

Re: WHAT MIND IS

Post by ken »

To me,

Mind, is that part that is open, to absolutely any and every thing. Mind has no boundary and this is what allows human beings to imagine any thing. For example, only with an open Mind human beings have been able to work out how to create every thing that they have.

Consciousness, is that part that is aware, of absolutely any and every thing. Consciousness has three dimensions. Conscious = fully aware, Subconscious = partly aware, and Unconscious = not aware or unaware. There is a continuum along the line from being unconscious to being conscious. This applies for ALL-THERE-IS along the evolution line and for for example individual animals. For example, (and as far as we are aware) rocks are unconscious, animals which includes the human animal are subconscious, and Consciousness, Itself, is conscious. Human beings or a human being, for example, can be unaware of their surroundings and/or unaware of themselves or self, can be partly aware of their surroundings and/or of themselves or self, or can be fully aware of their immediate surroundings but not of absolutely every thing nor are they fully aware of themselves or self. They can be fully aware there is a self, but until they can answer correctly 'Who and what I am', then they are fully self aware beings.

Universe, is everything, or ALL-THERE-IS. Universe is made up at least two fundamental things, physical matter and space between and around physical matter. There are also things like Mind, thoughts, emotions that are, at the moment anyway, invisible to the physical eyes and are not yet known for sure what they are actually made up of.
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

ken wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:50 am To me,

Mind, is that part that is open, to absolutely any and every thing. Mind has no boundary and this is what allows human beings to imagine any thing. For example, only with an open Mind human beings have been able to work out how to create every thing that they have.

Consciousness, is that part that is aware, of absolutely any and every thing. Consciousness has three dimensions. Conscious = fully aware, Subconscious = partly aware, and Unconscious = not aware or unaware. There is a continuum along the line from being unconscious to being conscious. This applies for ALL-THERE-IS along the evolution line and for for example individual animals. For example, (and as far as we are aware) rocks are unconscious, animals which includes the human animal are subconscious, and Consciousness, Itself, is conscious. Human beings or a human being, for example, can be unaware of their surroundings and/or unaware of themselves or self, can be partly aware of their surroundings and/or of themselves or self, or can be fully aware of their immediate surroundings but not of absolutely every thing nor are they fully aware of themselves or self. They can be fully aware there is a self, but until they can answer correctly 'Who and what I am', then they are fully self aware beings.

Universe, is everything, or ALL-THERE-IS. Universe is made up at least two fundamental things, physical matter and space between and around physical matter. There are also things like Mind, thoughts, emotions that are, at the moment anyway, invisible to the physical eyes and are not yet known for sure what they are actually made up of.
Where do you believe that this metaphysical mind/conscious exists? A sort of realm of forms, as per Plato?
ken

Post by ken »

Vendetta wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:17 pm
ken wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:50 am To me,

Where do you believe that this metaphysical mind/conscious exists?
First of all, I neither believe or disbelieve any thing, because if I did, then I would not be open.

I do not know, for sure, what Mind and Consciousness is made up of exactly, so I would not yet call them metaphysical.

What I observe though is Mind is able to transcend any and every thing, so It exists every where, which obviously includes within every thing. The Mind's Eye, therefore, can see every thing and is what allows us to see absolutely every thing also. So, Mind is fully aware of ALL things. Conscious and Mind coexist together every where, infinitely spatially and eternally.
Vendetta wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:17 pmA sort of realm of forms, as per Plato?
I have absolutely no idea because relatively speaking I have read nothing.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

What a fucking bunch of pure nonsense and babble!
ken

Post by ken »

Walker wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:25 am Mind fullness overloads mindfulness with preconceptions.
What is the Mind?

How could Mind become full?

How does the Mind hold preconceptions?

Could the open Mind hold anything?

If so, then how?

Thinking prevents seeing what Mind knows.
ken

Post by ken »

HexHammer wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:24 am What a fucking bunch of pure nonsense and babble!
I am not sure how long it will take before I can get back to you, because it will take Me some time to fully digest and decipher this. There is just way to much proof, evidence, and logical reasoning here in your refutation to consider and take it all in at once.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

ken wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:19 amFirst of all, I neither believe or disbelieve any thing, because if I did, then I would not be open.

There is no one here being open. Paradoxically, open cannot not be open.

Saying I neither believe or disbelieve any thing is still a belief, there is no such thing as a disbelief,the inability or refusal to believe, that refusal to believe is still a belief that it can be refused. It's an ''assumptive belief'' ..Non-belief is belief.

There is no such thing as disbelieving anything, without creating the belief that that is so...beliefs cannot experience their own absence.

All Belief is an appearance in Openness ...Openness cannot not be open.

From belief to clarity.
ken wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:19 amI do not know, for sure, what Mind and Consciousness is made up of exactly, so I would not yet call them metaphysical.
That's because the you that doesn't know is a belief, appearing in clarity that knows the belief.
ken wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:19 amWhat I observe though is Mind is able to transcend any and every thing, so It exists every where, which obviously includes within every thing. The Mind's Eye, therefore, can see every thing and is what allows us to see absolutely every thing also. So, Mind is fully aware of ALL things. Conscious and Mind coexist together every where, infinitely spatially and eternally.
That which appears to transcend never transcends except as believed.

Mind is not fully aware of anything, mind is an appearance of awareness aware of every mental construct.

ken

Post by ken »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:17 pm
ken wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:19 amFirst of all, I neither believe or disbelieve any thing, because if I did, then I would not be open.

There is no one here being open. Paradoxically, open cannot not be open.

Saying I neither believe or disbelieve any thing is still a belief, there is no such thing as a disbelief,the inability or refusal to believe, that refusal to believe is still a belief that it can be refused. It's an ''assumptive belief'' ..Non-belief is belief.

There is no such thing as disbelieving anything, without creating the belief that that is so...beliefs cannot experience their own absence.

All Belief is an appearance in Openness ...Openness cannot not be open.

From belief to clarity.
ken wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:19 amI do not know, for sure, what Mind and Consciousness is made up of exactly, so I would not yet call them metaphysical.
That's because the you that doesn't know is a belief, appearing in clarity that knows the belief.
ken wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:19 amWhat I observe though is Mind is able to transcend any and every thing, so It exists every where, which obviously includes within every thing. The Mind's Eye, therefore, can see every thing and is what allows us to see absolutely every thing also. So, Mind is fully aware of ALL things. Conscious and Mind coexist together every where, infinitely spatially and eternally.
That which appears to transcend never transcends except as believed.

Mind is not fully aware of anything, mind is an appearance of awareness aware of every mental construct.

Okay, thank you for this. But because you are unable to sufficiently answer any clarifying questions I ask of you, I will not ask dontaskme any. I will just accept that dontaskme honestly believes that they have been able to make every thing much clearer now.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

ken wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:51 pm
Okay, thank you for this. But because you are unable to sufficiently answer any clarifying questions I ask of you, I will not ask dontaskme any. I will just accept that dontaskme honestly believes that they have been able to make every thing much clearer now.
You're welcome.

For the assumed human being that is the mind/body thought stream mechanism...questions always demand an answer....but answers never need questions,so the answer must always be contained in the question.. if you cannot see the answer for ''what mind is'', then what makes you believe I can clarify ''what mind is'' for you.

And why the fuck would you want ''me'' to clarify anything for you, all I'll be doing is muddy your own understanding even further. Find you're own bloody clarifying answers...if you now believe that anything I say is just a belief.

There are here only answers to the one question, who wants to know?

You must already hold the answer to ''what mind is'' else the question would not arise, I mean where would it arise from. . Affirmative !! ...there now, is that clarifying enough for you.

From belief to clarity.

ken

Post by ken »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:27 pm
ken wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:51 pm
You're welcome.

For the assumed human being that is the mind/body thought stream mechanism...questions always demand an answer....but answers never need questions,so the answer must always be contained in the question.. if you cannot see the answer for ''what mind is'', then what makes you believe I can clarify ''what mind is'' for you.

And why the fuck would you want ''me'' to clarify anything for you, all I'll be doing is muddy your own understanding even further. Find you're own bloody clarifying answers...if you now believe that anything I say is just a belief.

There are here only answers to the one question, who wants to know?

You must already hold the answer to ''what mind is'' else the question would not arise, I mean where would it arise from. . Affirmative !! ...there now, is that clarifying enough for you.

From belief to clarity.

If that is what you believe, then so be it.
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Dontaskme wrote:
questions always demand an answer .... but answers never need questions so the answer must always be contained in the question
The natural curiosity of the human mind has to be tempered with patience since answers are not always as easy to come by as the
questions that precede them. So sometimes not knowing is paradoxically all one can know. And there is nothing wrong with that. I
see it as a neutral position rather than a negative one. But while there will always be more questions than answers knowledge will
increase over time. But one should still be patient rather than expecting truth to come straight away. It will come when it is ready
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

ken wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:48 pm
If that is what you believe, then so be it.
I don't believe it ..I know it...just like you keep banging on about what you know.

Now can you please stop with your psychopathic obsession with assuming what other people know and do not know you pompous arrogant twit.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

surreptitious57 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:23 pm
Dontaskme wrote:
questions always demand an answer .... but answers never need questions so the answer must always be contained in the question
The natural curiosity of the human mind has to be tempered with patience since answers are not always as easy to come by as the
questions that precede them. So sometimes not knowing is paradoxically all one can know. And there is nothing wrong with that. I
see it as a neutral position rather than a negative one. But while there will always be more questions than answers knowledge will
increase over time. But one should still be patient rather than expecting truth to come straight away. It will come when it is ready
Lovely wisdom.
Walker

Post by Walker »

surreptitious57 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:23 pm
Dontaskme wrote:
So, truth isn't determined by choice.