Why I am creating these repeated topics

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

MozartLink

Why I am creating these repeated topics

Post by MozartLink »

You might have noticed that, ever since I have signed up here, I have been creating nothing but repeated topics regarding the same subject in regards to how a life filled with positive emotions is the only good and worthwhile life. The topic was the same this whole entire time, but all my arguments were different. Why do I keep on repeating these same topics? It would be because most people only pay attention to the opening post (which is the main post in the topic). They don't bother reading all the other posts. Furthermore, I want no objections to my worldview/theory because if people were put in a position where they couldn't object to it, then they would really be fascinated by my theory and would take deep consideration into whether it could really be true.

As long as people have objections, then my theory would be regarded as complete tripe and people would not understand my need for my positive emotions in my life. They would just dismiss this need as complete nonsense and name call me based upon these objections. Therefore, by presenting an opening post that is absolutely clear, coherent, and explains everything in such a manner that would clear up all possible objections, then nobody could have any objections and, thus, people would deeply consider my theory and take into consideration my need for my positive emotions as well. When an opening post does not succeed, then I repeat and start over until I finally achieve my goal. Perhaps my most recent topic has achieved this goal. Remember, it is only the opening posts that matter since most people would, again, ignore any further posts in the topic. This would have to mean that this is a one shot thing and I have to make it happen in an opening post.
Last edited by MozartLink on Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Re: Why I am creating these repeated topics

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

I'm just not sure you understand the technicalities of how an 'internet forum' is suppose to operate.
Mortalsfool

Re: Why I am creating these repeated topics

Post by Mortalsfool »

MozartLink wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:26 am You might have noticed that, ever since I have signed up here, I have been creating nothing but repeated topics regarding the same subject in regards to how a life filled with positive emotions is the only good and worthwhile life. The topic was the same this whole entire time, but all my arguments were different. Why do I keep on repeating these same topics? It would be because most people only pay attention to the opening post (which is the main post in the topic). They don't bother reading all the other posts. Furthermore, I want no objections to my worldview/theory because if people were put in a position where they couldn't object to it, then they would really be fascinated by my theory and would take deep consideration into whether it could really be true.

As long as people have objections, then my theory would be regarded as complete tripe and people would not understand my need for my positive emotions in my life. They would just dismiss this need as complete nonsense and name call me based upon these objections. Therefore, by presenting an opening post that is absolutely clear, coherent, and explains everything in such a manner that would clear up all possible objections, then nobody could have any objections and, thus, people would deeply consider my theory and take into consideration my need for my positive emotions as well. When an opening post does not succeed, then I repeat and start over until I finally achieve my goal. Perhaps my most recent topic has achieved this goal. Remember, it is only the opening posts that matter since most people would, again, ignore any further posts in the topic. This would have to mean that this is a one shot thing and I have to make it happen in an opening post.

I think it's necessary to approach all arguments with a certain redundancy. But, that requires some degree of interest. If a person is already satisfied that they know everything about 'the subject', they're not reading it to learn anything, they're reading to argue and teach what they think they know. I see them as more than Trolls, but less then serious about philosophy; i.e. learning.

Any attempt to define some point that has its foundation in 'thought', requires consideration. Deducing anything using a single perspective leaves one blind to possibilities that may only become apparent when viewed from other angles.

I picture the point of an argument, as being similar to the focal point in a cut diamond. While each facet gathers its light from completely different quadrants, each contributing light from different perspectives, all of the light becomes important to its purpose; clarity!

Seeing an argument from one point of view, may in fact have some tone about it, which causes your disagreement to be quick but, not thoroughly thought out, while the same argument using the enhanced/redundant views, may turn more simply based opinion around.