Einstein and the Cosmic Man

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

marjoram_blues

Re: Einstein and the Cosmic Man

Post by marjoram_blues »

AMod wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:09 am Nick_A,

You live in a delusional fantasy of your own making.

You really need to stop bothering me with it.

AMod.
AMod, if there is a delusional disorder, it's more serious than simply bothering you with it.
I suggest that some responses, including mine, to the individual concerned are not helpful and may even exacerbate the condition. I hope that some support can be offered, perhaps behind the scenes.
Thanks.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

AMod wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:09 am Nick_A,

You live in a delusional fantasy of your own making.

You really need to stop bothering me with it.

AMod.
What sort of A Mod are you?

One who doesn't respond to simple honest and genuine request. One who ignores without so much as an explanation or reason.

I asked via a PM for the removal of a thread I created on Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:33 am ...It was never removed.

Not that I really care, there's no point crying over spilt milk, but am just curious as to why there was silence after I'd made the effort to communicate with you. It's common courtesy to acknowledge a PM even if it was just to say sorry it is not my policy to delete threads once the contents have been submitted. But then any decision to acknowledge or not is a power that belongs to yours truly I'm assuming?

Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

marjoram_blues wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:24 am
Greta wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:27 am
Nick_A wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:21 amI do resist with logic which is why it is annoying.
I wish you did use logic.
Perhaps the difficulty here is that a delusional disorder with a chronically persistent idea, or conviction, CAN be logically constructed and internally consistent.
Any attempt to contradict the belief results in hostility and may increase the level of tenacity.
The concern of others is not appreciated. Indeed, the very opposite.
Not amenable to reason, perhaps the question needs to be asked whether we are helping or harming the individual concerned.
I did not enjoy my emotional response in a previous thread, nor calling him an idiot for continuing in his quest. However, his determination to continue in a similar vein in any and all threads is disturbing.
I am not sure that encouraging more of the same is helpful to anyone concerned.
That is why I hope that a decision is taken to limit this output.

This post is not an example of impatient intolerance based on any religious attitude - just a particular point of view; correct or incorrect. Take it for what it is and not what is delusionally imagined.
Why not learn why you re compelled to react as you do. Consider how this prof explains the death of Socrates. He was guilty of denying the gods. I am denying the Great Beast as God. Socrates was guilty of corrupting the youth of Athens or the supremacy of the community established by the state. I argue for the idea the heart of Man requires what the state cannot offer Man so is a higher good. Obviously this is intolerable for advocates of the supremacy of the state.

You are just experiencing what the majority of those in Athens did at the time. I am questioning the supremacy of the Beast as well as the reasoning being used to defend this commununal belief in its superiority over the needs of individuals striving to awaken to a human perspective the state cannot understand. Secular intolerance, if Professor Paul Cartledgeis is right, serves to justify and reaffirm the imagined supremacy of the state

If I were not cursed out like this it would mean that there is nothing to learn from the death of Socrates. That would be as extreme an anti-philosophical position as possible.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... study.html
By Simon Johnson
8:00AM BST 08 Jun 2009
Through the centuries, historians have portrayed the 399BC trial as a travesty, with Socrates forced to face charges invented by his ignorant fellow citizens.
He was found guilty of "impiety" and "corrupting the young", sentenced to death, and then required to carry out his own execution by consuming a deadly potion of the poisonous plant hemlock.
But, in a new study launched today, Professor Paul Cartledge has concluded that the trial was legally just and Socrates was guilty as charged.
Prof Cartledge said: "Everyone knows that the Greeks invented democracy, but it was not democracy as we know it, and we have misread history as a result

"The charges Socrates faced seem ridiculous to us, but in Ancient Athens they were genuinely felt to serve the communal good."
Historians have traditionally claimed that Socrates' open criticism of prominent Athenian politicians had made him many enemies, who used the trial to get rid of him.
Socrates was made a scapegoat for a series of disasters to strike Athens, including a plague and major military defeat, it has been claimed.
But Prof Cartledge pointed out that many citizens would have seen these events as a sign that their gods had been offended by undesirable elements.
He argued that Socrates, who had questioned the legitimacy and authority of many deities, fitted the latter description.
With the gods clearly furious and more disasters perhaps just around the corner, Prof Cartledge said that a charge of impiety was seen not only as appropriate, but in the public interest.
The professor's study also concluded that Socrates essentially invited his own death. Under the Athenian system, in this kind of trial a defendant could suggest his own penalty.
Socrates first joked that he should be rewarded, and eventually suggested a small fine but his jurors did not see the funny side and passed the death sentence.
"By removing him, society had in, Athenians' eyes, been cleansed and reaffirmed," Prof Cartledge concluded.
The study is included in the professor's new book, Ancient Greek Political Thought in Practice.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

marjoram_blues wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:24 am perhaps the question needs to be asked whether we are helping or harming the individual concerned.
There is always the danger that we could be helping him but I think we could avoid that by putting more effort into harming him.
I did not enjoy my emotional response in a previous thread, nor calling him an idiot for continuing in his quest.
Well at least you can take some satisfaction from knowing that others enjoyed it.
That is why I hope that a decision is taken to limit this output.
It gets him even more fired up when that happens, it's a joy to watch.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:28 pm What sort of A Mod are you?
He's an AMod.
I asked via a PM for the removal of a thread I created on Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:33 am ...It was never removed.
I did pass that message on, btw, and got quite a sharp response in return, as a matter of fact.
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

Harbal, you are awful but...
8)
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:25 pm I did pass that message on, btw, and got quite a sharp response in return, as a matter of fact.
Yes because you said you would do it for me, so why didn't you give me any feedback on what had been said?
That's why I contacted the Mod myself...for lack of feedback.

What is wrong with you people? why the disingenuous attitude, are we incapable of communicating with one another openly and honestly?

Or is Nick right about the clique phenomena?

Do you realise out of billions of people world wide, there is a but a small handful gathered here at this little corner of the world, we have that in common at least, you'd think we could at least be nice to each other.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Harbal
There is always the danger that we could be helping him but I think we could avoid that by putting more effort into harming him.
You are appearing more and more like a bitter ex wife. You must get into deep breathing exercises and thinking positive thoughts. Dedicate yourself to becoming the poster boy for progressive love. Oprah will love you. Birds will start tweeting again instead of people. You will change the world.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:41 pm Yes because you said you would do it for me, so why didn't you give me any feedback on what had been said?
I didn't tell you because I got told off for asking and I didn't want you to feel bad about getting me into trouble. I did it for you, Dontask, I walked into the flames for you and this is the thanks I get!
What is wrong with you people? why the disingenuous attitude, are we incapable of communicating with one another openly and honestly?
I've often communicated with you honestly, you don't usually like it.
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

Only another 70+ pages to go...
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:55 pm Harbal
You must get into deep breathing exercises and thinking positive thoughts.
They were positive thoughts.
Dedicate yourself to becoming the poster boy for progressive love. Oprah will love you.
Who's Oprah? I've never heard of him.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

DaM
Yes, as the cave creatures we are, honest open communication is not wanted regardless of all the fine speeches to the contrary. Most would never admit that the the greatest influence determining what we do is "prestige" That is why we are so distant from the cosmic man not caught up in the need for prestige but capable of a human perspective dedicated to opening to and reflecting objective human meaning and purpose. Einstein had the right idea but the human condition prevents its actualization.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:57 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:41 pm Yes because you said you would do it for me, so why didn't you give me any feedback on what had been said?
I didn't tell you because I got told off for asking and I didn't want you to feel bad about getting me into trouble. I did it for you, Dontask, I walked into the flames for you and this is the thanks I get!
I've often communicated with you honestly, you don't usually like it.
Okay, well thanks for your feedback, but in regards to my original request to have the thread deleted, I realise I should have just done it myself instead of asking you to do it. It was my mistake to ask someone else to do what I could have done myself.

But when I did eventually send the request...my only gripe is the non-acknowledgement of the request.

I don't understand why you would get into trouble either, it's not a crime to ask to delete a thread for someone else now is it?

Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:16 pm
I don't understand why you would get into trouble either, it's not a crime to ask to delete a thread for someone else now is it?
He seemed to think -to use his words- that I was taking the piss. I thought it best not to pursue it after that.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Harbal
Who's Oprah? I've never heard of him.
That is because he had a sex change. Oprah, opera, it is all the same. The point is that you must strive to have your goodness and dedication to truth proclaimed in the arts like Simone. It doesn't matter if it is accurate or not. The important thing is the show.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/29/arts/ ... ml?mcubz=3

You must strive to create such human awareness that an opera will be named after you. I can see it now. “La Passion de Harbal.” I’ll buy a front row seat.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:12 pm DaM
Yes, as the cave creatures we are, honest open communication is not wanted regardless of all the fine speeches to the contrary. Most would never admit that the the greatest influence determining what we do is "prestige" That is why we are so distant from the cosmic man not caught up in the need for prestige but capable of a human perspective dedicated to opening to and reflecting objective human meaning and purpose. Einstein had the right idea but the human condition prevents its actualization.

The Einstein's and the Tesla's pass this way only once... often ignored like the elephant in the living room. The cave dwellers only see what they want to see, hear what they want to hear, and know what they want to know.

Those with eyes will see, those with ears will hear. Those with intuition will know.