Einstein and the Cosmic Man

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Einstein and the Cosmic Man

Post by Dontaskme »

marjoram_blues wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:58 am
Being cryptic is an escape from the reality of showing where your ideas originated.
I think you fear unveiling where you received your information or from which idol or group.
Nothing to fear here, or is cryptic only misguided projections.

Any claims I make are self sourced of which I make no claim.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:49 am Dontaskme wrote:
The Immutable Self is the Nondual self.
Do you mean:

1. The non-dual self may or may not include the immutable self

or

2. the non-dual self is the same as the immutable self?

Nick abhors and fears the physicality *** of the Cave and flees to what he hopes is the purer ambience outside the Cave. This is a form of dualism. Fact: an individual is a blend of mental and physical, and I wonder if this is what you mean by "non-dual".

*** see his crude remarks and blustering attitude to sex, and excretions.
Yes "non-dual" is duality, there is only duality, because there's no such thing as non-something.

But something is not what thought thinks it is...that's the difference.

I haven't seen or read any of this....where is such stuff written?

marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:12 pm
marjoram_blues wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:58 am
Being cryptic is an escape from the reality of showing where your ideas originated.
I think you fear unveiling where you received your information or from which idol or group.
Nothing to fear here, or is cryptic only misguided projections.

Any claims I make are self sourced of which I make no claim.

Yes. Avoidance is a useful defence for you who will not face reality.
Bye now.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

marjoram_blues wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:24 pm
Bye now.
I think you've got that back arsed backward.

I've already faced reality thanks.

But I see your ego has raised it's defences yet again...always likes to have the final say, just in case it's wrong...which it is.

Bye back.

marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:34 pm
marjoram_blues wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:24 pm
Bye now.
I think you've got that back arsed backward.

I've already faced reality thanks.

But I see your ego has raised it's defences yet again...always likes to have the final say, just in case it's wrong...which it is.

Bye back.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:03 am Sorry for using your thread to get a point across Nick about having a thread deleted...but I want everyone to see this...to see the insanity that is the human mind.

Why not place your request in the context of what the thread is about - the contrast between the perspectives of the cave man and cosmic man.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place. George Bernard Shaw
This is true but we don't admit why. You are requesting from the cave man's perspective. Are there any other possibilities that can bring us closer to mutually becoming aware of this necessary distinction.?
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Belinda wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:49 am Dontaskme wrote:
The Immutable Self is the Nondual self.
Do you mean:

1. The non-dual self may or may not include the immutable self

or

2. the non-dual self is the same as the immutable self?

Nick abhors and fears the physicality *** of the Cave and flees to what he hopes is the purer ambience outside the Cave. This is a form of dualism. Fact: an individual is a blend of mental and physical, and I wonder if this is what you mean by "non-dual".

The legendary pincher of behinds and admirer of good female rump abhors and fears the physicality ***

The fruits of progressive education expose themselves again. I can just imagine this crew in a friendly piano bar. They wouldn't last the night and faint dead away from righteous indignation.
davidm

Post by davidm »

Nick_A wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:22 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:03 am Sorry for using your thread to get a point across Nick about having a thread deleted...but I want everyone to see this...to see the insanity that is the human mind.

Why not place your request in the context of what the thread is about - the contrast between the perspectives of the cave man and cosmic man.
Nick, you're not a cosmic man -- you are the very exemplar of a cave man! :lol:
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

davidm wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:37 pm
Nick_A wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:22 pm

Nick, you're not a cosmic man -- you are the very exemplar of a cave man! :lol:
My advantage over you is that i can admit it. Your ego makes you oblivious of the distinction.

"Only Fools Fight In a Burning House"

Cave Man's favorite pastime.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Nick_A wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:53 pm

If their favourite pastime is spent in houses I'm not sure they strictly qualify as cavemen.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Harbal wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:57 pm
Nick_A wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:53 pm

If their favourite pastime is spent in houses I'm not sure they strictly qualify as cavemen.
Even if the football bounces east and west, it won’t matter if the crow flies north because the sparrow looking down will not care if the elephant looks the other way so just enjoy the view..
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Nick wrote:
The legendary pincher of behinds and admirer of good female rump abhors and fears the physicality ***
The very choice of words is adolescent bravado.
As for excretions ! I would not employ you in a farmyard or a hospital ward. I doubt if you could change a nappy .
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Belinda wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:57 pm Nick wrote:
The very choice of words is adolescent bravado.
As for excretions ! I would not employ you in a farmyard or a hospital ward. I doubt if you could change a nappy .
The most unfortunate thing about the narrow minded modern progressive mind is its lack of humor in defense of political correctness. Fundamentalists used to be the the most skilled at expressions of righteous indignation but the modern progressives have them beat. They are free to express as much vulgarity and crudeness they want as long as it is politically correct. But woe be it to those who express politically incorrect humor.

I can just imagine Mark Twain on one of these late night TV show saying something politically incorrect. They would boo him right out of the building. What a way to live.
davidm

Post by davidm »

Nick_A wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:18 pm
I can just imagine Mark Twain on one of these late night TV show saying something politically incorrect. They would boo him right out of the building. What a way to live.
Mark Twain would :lol: in your face.

People who dislike "political correctness" really just mean: I'm a white racist misogynist homophobe and transphobe and I want to go back in time to a world where it was OK to be all those things and say it out loud, too!
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

davidm wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:28 pm
Nick_A wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:18 pm
Mark Twain would :lol: in your face.

People who dislike "political correctness" really just mean: I'm a white racist misogynist homophobe and transphobe and I want to go back in time to a world where it was OK to be all those things and say it out loud, too!
Apparently you are an indoctrinated snowflake. So that you will be protected from the influence of those like me I have posted a suggestion in the Philosophy Now Suggestion box requesting a separate board called "The Safe Space" where snow flakes can gather in silent meditation to ward off the effects of politically incorrect ideas. I hope it helps. You too can be comforted.