Einstein and the Cosmic Man

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Arising_uk

Re: Einstein and the Cosmic Man

Post by Arising_uk »

Nick_A wrote:OK, so you are a theist. ...
No, I'm an atheist in that I don't believe in the theists 'God' but I'm also at militant agnostic in that I don't know if 'God' or 'Gods' exist but if they do, fuck 'em.
You believe in the four Noble Truths so blindly follow the Eightfold Path accept when you don't want to. ...
No, I know of the Four Noble Truths and think there is some truth in them but I don't blindly believe them, I leave that to the theists and their faith.

When it come to ethics and morals I'm close to what I would call a Biology based cultural consequentialist(although I could add pragmatist to this as well) in that I think this primate has evolved as a social animal so there is an inbuilt behaviour towards 'right' or 'good'(co-operative) behaviour towards one's fellows. The cultural refers to it being impossible not to have a set of morals given to one by the behaviour of the individuals that raise one and by the general sentiment and behaviour of the society around one and the consequentialist because I think we are a reasoning animal with our own needs and wants amongst more of the same. So morality, to me, is the process one engages in, whilst living, of having to choose which morals one is willing to live by(or die by to be more accurate) according to how one understands the consequences for oneself and others. Basically a pruning and sieving process.
You sound perfectly normal to me.
That's because you are like the marxists and you cut others cloth to suit yourself.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Arising_uk wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:06 pm
Nick_A wrote:OK, so you are a theist. ...
No, I'm an atheist in that I don't believe in the theists 'God' but I'm also at militant agnostic in that I don't know if 'God' or 'Gods' exist but if they do, fuck 'em.
You believe in the four Noble Truths so blindly follow the Eightfold Path accept when you don't want to. ...
No, I know of the Four Noble Truths and think there is some truth in them but I don't blindly believe them, I leave that to the theists and their faith.

When it come to ethics and morals I'm close to what I would call a Biology based cultural consequentialist(although I could add pragmatist to this as well) in that I think this primate has evolved as a social animal so there is an inbuilt behaviour towards 'right' or 'good'(co-operative) behaviour towards one's fellows. The cultural refers to it being impossible not to have a set of morals given to one by the behaviour of the individuals that raise one and by the general sentiment and behaviour of the society around one and the consequentialist because I think we are a reasoning animal with our own needs and wants amongst more of the same. So morality, to me, is the process one engages in, whilst living, of having to choose which morals one is willing to live by(or die by to be more accurate) according to how one understands the consequences for oneself and others. Basically a pruning and sieving process.
You sound perfectly normal to me.
That's because you are like the marxists and you cut others cloth to suit yourself.

Arising
Well if there is no conscious source, there is no source of the dharma maintaining cosmic order. Naturally there is no objective justice so it doesn't exist. The best attitude then is just fuck the dharma. OK. If nothing else it will lead to a lot of fucking and the joys of denial.
• Dharma (Sanskrit:
dharma refers to refers to the underlying order in nature and human life and behavior considered to be in accord with that order. The word Dharma is used to mean nyaya (Justice), what is right in a given circumstance, moral values of life, pious obligations of individuals, righteous conduct in every sphere of activity, being helpful to other living beings, giving charity to individuals in need of it or to a public cause or alms to the needy, natural qualities or characteristics or properties of living beings and things, duty and law as also constitutional law. Dharma is the law that maintains the cosmic order as well as the individual and social order. Dharma sustains human life in harmony with nature. When we follow dharma, we are in conformity with the law that sustains the universe.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Nick_A wrote:...
Well if there is no conscious source, there is no source of the dharma maintaining cosmic order. ...
I thought you a Christian not a Hindu?
Naturally there is no objective justice so it doesn't exist.
Show me what an 'objective justice' is?
The best attitude then is just fuck the dharma. ...
If this 'dharma' is your 'God' and it exists then yes.
OK. If nothing else it will lead to a lot of fucking and the joys of denial.
Don't tell me, you're also a celibate who views sex as a sin.
• Dharma (Sanskrit:
dharma refers to refers to the underlying order in nature and human life and behavior considered to be in accord with that order. The word Dharma is used to mean nyaya (Justice), what is right in a given circumstance, moral values of life, pious obligations of individuals, righteous conduct in every sphere of activity, being helpful to other living beings, giving charity to individuals in need of it or to a public cause or alms to the needy, natural qualities or characteristics or properties of living beings and things, duty and law as also constitutional law. Dharma is the law that maintains the cosmic order as well as the individual and social order. Dharma sustains human life in harmony with nature. When we follow dharma, we are in conformity with the law that sustains the universe.
If it was a 'law' we'd need not have to conform.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Arising_uk wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:10 pm
Nick_A wrote:...
Well if there is no conscious source, there is no source of the dharma maintaining cosmic order. ...
Naturally there is no objective justice so it doesn't exist.
The best attitude then is just fuck the dharma. ...
• Dharma (Sanskrit:
If it was a 'law' we'd need not have to conform.

Arising
Truth is truth. If 2+2=4 what difference does it make who says it?
The wheel of samsara
You are more adanced than me. You will only fuck the gods and goddesses. I’m still content to fuck selective women. No sin there.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Nick_A wrote:Truth is truth. ...
Not really, you have to prove it so otherwise it's just a tautology.
If 2+2=4 what difference does it make who says it?
Because depending upon who's doing the defining "2+2" does not always equal "4".
The wheel of samsara
Can I buy one at kwik-fit?
What's a river in Africa got to do with anything?

So if you believe in your 'God' there's no sex then? Doesn't seem to be the case at present.
You are more adanced than me. ...
And I can use a spell-checker as well.
You will only fuck the gods and goddesses. ...
There's 'goddesses' in your theism as well now?
I’m still content to fuck selective women. ...
If they are selective you must be fuck out of luck then.
No sin there.
But you implied no fucking if there's a 'God'?
Greta

Post by Greta »

Does a llama farmer's dharma affect his karma - or does he just have to believe in a Brahma to be saved the drama of eternal Bananarama?