Einstein and the Cosmic Man

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Nick_A

Re: Einstein and the Cosmic Man

Post by Nick_A »

Harbal wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:00 pm
Nick_A wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:43 pm Why Scientology when you can join Uncle Nick's Church of Wonderfulness?
Sign me up, uncle Nick, you're entertaining enough in print, seeing you making an utter pudding of yourself live would be a joy to behold.
Fork over the ten grand and you will receive your official document you can proudly display which boldly asserts that you have been declared WONDERFUL by Uncle Nick. you will be the envy of the neighborhood.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:24 pm I have been pinched many times and have yet to complain to the politically correct.
It's nothing to do with political correctness, to touch certain parts of another person's body without certainty of their receptiveness to it is down right wrong. Between consenting adults, it's fine, although if you happen to look like Simone Weil you would probably end up with a sore face.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:31 pm you will receive your official document you can proudly display which boldly asserts
I don't like bold assertions.
davidm

Post by davidm »

Harbal wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:40 pm
Nick_A wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:24 pm I have been pinched many times and have yet to complain to the politically correct.
It's nothing to do with political correctness, to touch certain parts of another person's body without certainty of their receptiveness to it is down right wrong.
Yes, but as ICan would argue, how do you KNOW it's "downright wrong" unless there is a bearded psychopath in the sky who plunges you into an eternity of hell fire for the "sin" of not believing that such an obvious storybook character literally exists? How 'bout that, hm? 8)

Checkmate, atheists!
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:24 pm it is a sign of affection for me to lightly pinch the behind of a female friend.
I think, given your preoccupation with posteriors, you should henceforth be known as Nick of the arse.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

It's nothing to do with political correctness, to touch certain parts of another person's body without certainty of their receptiveness to it is down right wrong. Between consenting adults, it's fine, although if you happen to look like Simone Weil you would probably end up with a sore face.
Of course. But you have to understand that many women like to flirt and play. They will be disappointed if they are bending over a bar for some reason and a man friend doesn't come up behind her and pat her on the butt asking what's new. It is part of lounge humor and affection.

Men learn quickly in a friendly lounge who likes to play and who doesn't and with who and respect the difference. It is all friendly and not abusive People like David would applaud Bill and Hillary Clinton as friends to women ignoring all the horrible things he has done and she has enabled because of what they say. Appearance over substance. Such people cannot see through the con job and everyone suffers
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:55 pm Of course. But you have to understand that many women like to flirt and play. They will be disappointed if they are bending over a bar for some reason and a man friend doesn't come up behind her and pat her on the butt asking what's new. It is part of lounge humor and affection.
I agree but this has not always been the prevalent scenario in your previous references to arse grabbing.
davidm

Post by davidm »

Pinch THIS ass, Nick!
frabz-THINGS-TO-PONDER-What-Gods-ass-looks-like-0ec967.jpg
frabz-THINGS-TO-PONDER-What-Gods-ass-looks-like-0ec967.jpg (80.73 KiB) Viewed 5446 times
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

davidm wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:45 pm
It's nothing to do with political correctness, to touch certain parts of another person's body without certainty of their receptiveness to it is down right wrong.
Yes, but as ICan would argue, how do you KNOW it's "downright wrong" unless there is a bearded psychopath in the sky who plunges you into an eternity of hell fire for the "sin" of not believing that such an obvious storybook character literally exists? How 'bout that, hm? 8)

Checkmate, atheists!
No. If you lack the inner awareness of the meaning of the Golden Rule then you won't know why it is wrong. Would I want to be assaulted by some bimbo? No. So why should I inflict myself on some woman I don't know. Lord knows what she may think of me. God has nothing to do with it. It is a matter of conscience that values another's sensibilities..
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

davidm wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:04 pm Pinch THIS ass, Nick!

frabz-THINGS-TO-PONDER-What-Gods-ass-looks-like-0ec967.jpg
I think you re getting a little behind in your efforts to be clever.
davidm

Post by davidm »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:06 pm God has nothing to do with it.
OK, so you disagree with ICan. Well, that's nice, I guess.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

davidm wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:14 pm
Yes and no. What is the source of anamnesis or apriori knowledge that makes intuition and objective conscience possible? If what we call values has a higher objective universal origin we must consider the conscious source these forms are within.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

It is very difficult to elucidate this [cosmic religious] feeling to anyone who is entirely without it . . . In my view, it is the most important function of art and science to awaken this feeling and keep it alive in those who are receptive to it. (Calaprice, ibid., 207 / Einstein on Cosmic Religion and Other Opinions & Aphorisms, 1931, 48-49)
Read more at http://www.patheos.com/blogs/davearmstr ... GPakaPO.99
A valuable description of the struggle between the secular and the sacred. The secular doesn't understand it and seeks to destroy it in defense of the secular especially in the young becoming proud of the amount of spiritual deaths they can be responsible for. Those who understand this cosmic religious feeling strive to keep it alive in the world especially in the young who are our future. It is the human thing to do.
davidm

Post by davidm »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:37 pm
davidm wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:14 pm
Yes and no. What is the source of anamnesis or apriori knowledge that makes intuition and objective conscience possible?
Alleged facts of the "source" and "anamnesis" and "a priori knowledge" and "objective conscience" not in evidence. Sorry.

But that's OK. You may disagree with me, and that's fine. What betrays your lack of alleged "enlightenment" is this: It's never possible, by your lights, that your interlocutors are just honestly mistaken; rather, for you, they must be evil :twisted: killers of the spirit.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:45 pm Those who understand this cosmic religious feeling strive to keep it alive in the world especially in the young who are our future.

I believe the children are our future
Teach them well and let them lead the way
Show them all the beauty they possess inside
Give them a sense of pride to make it easier
Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: