Einstein and the Cosmic Man

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Arising_uk

Re: Einstein and the Cosmic Man

Post by Arising_uk »

Nick_A wrote:...
If objective awakening to human meaning and purpose in accordance with universal laws comes through intuition, is it realistic to believe that the modern emphasis on dualistic thought and the intolerance towards anything suggesting a higher source of consciousness will allow it, at least not for another hundred years? ...
But that's not what he said is it. This is you just adding your previous indoctrination into the mix.
What will it take for Man to leave the prison of Plato's cave and become cosmic man?
Can't you read? "selfless service to mankind." Snap to it Nick.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Arising_uk wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:47 am
If objective awakening to human meaning and purpose in accordance with universal laws comes through intuition, is it realistic to believe that the modern emphasis on dualistic thought and the intolerance towards anything suggesting a higher source of consciousness will allow it, at least not for another hundred years? ...
But that's not what he said is it. This is you just adding your previous indoctrination into the mix.
What will it take for Man to leave the prison of Plato's cave and become cosmic man?
Can't you read? "selfless service to mankind." Snap to it Nick.
But the point is that we are incapable of it. We are slaves to hypocrisy caught up in the dominant need for prestige. This isn't changing any time soon. Einstein is referring to a potential. it is up to us to witness and admit why we are incapable of it. We are Cave Man with the potential to become Cosmic Man living in accordance with universal laws and objective meaning and purpose as opposed to man made interpretations and the hypocrisy they produce..
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

But the point is that we are incapable of it. ...
Then why worry about it?
We are slaves to hypocrisy caught up in the dominant need for prestige. ...
All this 'we', 'we', the world is bigger than America.
This isn't changing any time soon. ...
Says you.
Einstein is referring to a potential. ...
Nope, he's referring to action or doing if you prefer.
it is up to us to witness and admit why we are incapable of it. ...
Actually no it's up to you to actually do it if this is what you propose.
We are Cave Man with the potential to become Cosmic Man living in accordance with universal laws and objective meaning and purpose as opposed to man made interpretations and the hypocrisy they produce.
You are just adding your man-made religious indoctrination to the idea which is a touch hypocritical don't you think?
Greta

Post by Greta »

Nick_A wrote:...If objective awakening to human meaning and purpose in accordance with universal laws comes through intuition, is it realistic to believe that the modern emphasis on dualistic thought and the intolerance towards anything suggesting a higher source of consciousness will allow it, at least not for another hundred years? ...
Exactly. He's been proved wrong so instead of admitting it, he just switches back to his usual woo.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Greta wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:40 am
Nick_A wrote:...If objective awakening to human meaning and purpose in accordance with universal laws comes through intuition, is it realistic to believe that the modern emphasis on dualistic thought and the intolerance towards anything suggesting a higher source of consciousness will allow it, at least not for another hundred years? ...
Exactly. He's been proved wrong so instead of admitting it, he just switches back to his usual woo.
Einstein wrote
ndeed, it is not intellect, but intuition which advances humanity. Intuition tells man his purpose in this life.
I do not need any promise of eternity to be happy. My eternity is now. I have only one interest: to fulfill my purpose here where I am.
This purpose is not given me by my parents or my surroundings. It is induced by some unknown factors. These factors make me a part of eternity.”
Can you imagine someone like Greta being forced to tolerate the idea that intuition is the path to the realization of objective human meaning and purpose making a person a part of eternity? Never happen. Whoever says it should be boiled in oil.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Nick_A wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:03 am
Greta wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:40 am
Arising_uk wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:47 amBut that's not what he said is it. This is you just adding your previous indoctrination into the mix.
Einstein wrote
Indeed, it is not intellect, but intuition which advances humanity. Intuition tells man his purpose in this life.
I do not need any promise of eternity to be happy. My eternity is now. I have only one interest: to fulfill my purpose here where I am.
This purpose is not given me by my parents or my surroundings. It is induced by some unknown factors. These factors make me a part of eternity.”
Can you imagine someone like Greta being forced to tolerate the idea that intuition is the path to the realization of objective human meaning and purpose making a person a part of eternity? Never happen. Whoever says it should be boiled in oil.
As an artist and musician, imagination and intuition are my favourite things. That is what creative people do. However, these attributes, while wonderful, are not infallible, hence the need for the scientific method (the accountability of which you so abhor).

Nick, I actually used to think you were bright due to your reading and eloquence, just disturbed. Now I realise that you are actually stupid - a widely-read (within a narrow field), eloquent moron with almost no reasoning skills, and you either forget or cannot absorb anything said to you.

The reason why you can't see "the shadows on the cave" is not because you are enlightened but because you buried your head in the sand. All you hear are the cherry-picked echoes of your "tribe" in your mind, with no capacity to think, move or feel beyond your blinkered theistic interests.

Funny now to see you trying to co-opt Einstein, you, whose ideas would have been anathema to him. He was a visionary and a genius and you are unworthy of any kind of association with him other than being male Homo sapiens.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Greta wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:40 am
Nick_A wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:03 am
Greta wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:40 am Exactly. He's been proved wrong so instead of admitting it, he just switches back to his usual woo.
Einstein wrote
Indeed, it is not intellect, but intuition which advances humanity. Intuition tells man his purpose in this life.
As an artist and musician, imagination and intuition are my favourite things. That is what creative people do. However, these attributes, while wonderful, are not infallible, hence the need for the scientific method (the accountability of which you so abhor).

Nick, I actually used to think you were bright due to your reading and eloquence, just disturbed. Now I realise that you are actually stupid - a widely-read (within a narrow field), eloquent moron with almost no reasoning skills, and you either forget or cannot absorb anything said to you.

The reason why you can't see "the shadows on the cave" is not because you are enlightened but because you buried your head in the sand. All you hear are the cherry-picked echoes of your "tribe" in your mind, with no capacity to think, move or feel beyond your blinkered theistic interests.

Funny now to see you trying to co-opt Einstein, you, whose ideas would have been anathema to him. He was a visionary and a genius and you are unworthy of any kind of association with him other than being male Homo sapiens.
You equate your musical expressions with what Einstein called intuition and call me naive. You are egoistically naive; the worst type.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Nick_A wrote:Can you imagine someone like Greta being forced to tolerate the idea that intuition is the path to the realization of objective human meaning and purpose making a person a part of eternity?
But that's not what Einstein said is it, he said it's intuition that helps one find ones purpose in life, you've added this 'objective human meaning and purpose' because you're trying to fit your religious indoctrination into the mix.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Arising_uk wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:21 pm
Nick_A wrote:Can you imagine someone like Greta being forced to tolerate the idea that intuition is the path to the realization of objective human meaning and purpose making a person a part of eternity?
But that's not what Einstein said is it, he said it's intuition that helps one find ones purpose in life, you've added this 'objective human meaning and purpose' because you're trying to fit your religious indoctrination into the mix.

From the Letter:
If I hadn’t an absolute faith in the harmony of creation, I wouldn’t have tried for thirty years to express it in a mathematical formula. It is only man’s consciousness of what he does with his mind that elevates him above the animals, and enables him to become aware of himself and his relationship to the universe.

I believe that I have cosmic religious feelings. I never could grasp how one could satisfy these feelings by praying to limited objects. The tree outside is life, a statue is dead. The whole of nature is life, and life, as I observe it, rejects a God resembling man.

Man has infinite dimensions and finds God in his conscience. [A cosmic religion] has no dogma other than teaching man that the universe is rational and that his highest destiny is to ponder it and co-create with its laws.
Those who believe we live in chaos reject the harmony of creation. Those who see the harmony of creation know it reflects universal laws which cannot arise by accident. But since many reject the universe as a harmonious whole there is nothing to co-create with. Without objective purpose, secularists will assert the supremacy of subjective meaning and purpose
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Is it possible to put in a request for the shutdown of this thread? I enjoyed seeing Nick's other thread locked so much that I have a craving to experience it again, it's very adictive.
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

Harbal wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:52 pm Is it possible to put in a request for the shutdown of this thread? I enjoyed seeing Nick's other thread locked so much that I have a craving to experience it again, it's very adictive.
:lol: maybe have to wait for another 80 pages. But then again AMod seems to be on a roll, deleting the doubler.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Harbal wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:52 pm Is it possible to put in a request for the shutdown of this thread? I enjoyed seeing Nick's other thread locked so much that I have a craving to experience it again, it's very adictive.
I can't blame you. As a secular intolerant you enjoy the victory of secular intolerance shouting down a thread. fortunately there have always been those like Einstein who have experienced enough in their lives not to fall victim to the results of secular brain washing. Without this freedom they would be incapable of intuition.

the emotional intimidation of secular intolerance breeds snowflakes in universities. You may want to be a snowflake but I prefer having Einstein's inner freedom to be capable of intuition and respect for the ideal of the cosmic man. The thread was shut down but it served its purpose and that is all that matters.
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

Nick_A wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:05 pm
I can't blame you. As a secular intolerant you enjoy the victory of secular intolerance shouting down a thread. fortunately there have always been those like Einstein who have experienced enough in their lives not to fall victim to the results of secular brain washing. Without this freedom they would be incapable of intuition.

the emotional intimidation of secular intolerance breeds snowflakes in universities. You may want to be a snowflake but I prefer having Einstein's inner freedom to be capable of intuition and respect for the ideal of the cosmic man. The thread was shut down but it served its purpose and that is all that matters.
People that use the word 'snowflake' in a bad way deserve to be shot.
Snowflakes are beautiful, fragile, a work of nature silently falling. Unique.
Unlike the repetitive ugliness of dead dogma, still the bully bunch.
Last edited by marjoram_blues on Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
davidm

Post by davidm »

Greta wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:40 am As an artist and musician, imagination and intuition are my favourite things. That is what creative people do.
Me too. I am a published fiction writer and a visual artist. I rely on intuition all the time. I, and I am sure you, have a much greater understanding of intuition than Nick ever could if it bit him on the ass. Nick, based on his writings, is one of the most uncreative and non-intuitive people I have encountered. He is a broken record: secular intolerance ... the great beast ... boiled in oil ... etc.
However, these attributes, while wonderful, are not infallible, hence the need for the scientific method (the accountability of which you so abhor).
Yes. The great thing about science is that it works. But the goals of science are different from those of art, though in places they overlap.
He's not bright.
Exactly.
He understands nothing of Einstein.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Nick_A wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:05 pm I can't blame you.
Well can I urge you to try, I would find it much more satisfying.
As a secular intolerant you enjoy the victory of secular intolerance shouting down a thread.
I have to admit I enjoyed it immensely, thank you.
fortunately there have always been those like Einstein
I thought people like Einstein were relatively rare.
who have experienced enough in their lives not to fall victim to the results of secular brain washing.
There you are then, it seems you are making all this fuss for nothing.
You may want to be a snowflake
I'm sure I've never expressed a desire to be a snowflake, I'm more of a summer person.
but I prefer having Einstein's inner freedom
I think his hair would suit you better.
to be capable of intuition and respect for the ideal of the cosmic man.
I don't think you have what it takes to be an astronaut.
The thread was shut down but it served its purpose and that is all that matters.
It certainly confirmed how big a lunatic you are, but that was hardly necessary.