Einstein and the Cosmic Man

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

Re: Einstein and the Cosmic Man

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:34 am
Why agree to do it for me in the first place, if you were just going to be an absolute two faced dickhead over the whole thing?

I'll never trust you again as a friend.

When I agreed to do it for you it was before you befriended sleazebag Nick. Anyway, if that's how you interpret the situation that's that.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:34 pm Dontaskme wrote:
Lets not be half-baked about our ideas.
No. It's better to be tentative and sceptical
That's what I'm doing..I'm very sceptical regarding ideas about awareness and the nature of a self who claims to be the author of knowledge.

Bye the way, I tried to show you in my thread about religion being a made-up fallacy ...that awareness is both present in waking and dream state...after you had said it wasn't present in dream state, only waking state.

Which do you think is true...? mine or your idea about it?.....since you decided to leave the conversation saying you had no more knowledge about awareness.Was this a deliberate avoidance, are you incapable of learning new knowledge or do you like to stick with the comfort zone of your conditioned beliefs?

This is not about who's right or wrong, there is no one here to makes such claims... it's about discovering the truth about imaginary claims.

Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote:
are you incapable of learning new knowledge or do you like to stick with the comfort zone of your conditioned beliefs?
:D I hope to goodness I am still capable. My comfort zone is academia, and the company of clever people in academia or otherwise, take it or leave it Dontaskme. I have done New Age , Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, and so on. Been there done it abandoned it. Like you, I hoped it was a short cut but it wasn't.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Belinda wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:16 pm
:D I hope to goodness I am still capable. My comfort zone is academia, and the company of clever people in academia or otherwise, take it or leave it Dontaskme. I have done New Age , Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, and so on. Been there done it abandoned it. Like you, I hoped it was a short cut but it wasn't.
Just so you know, Belinda, I, and I'm sure, many others, appreciate you exactly as you are. Keep on doing what you do.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Nick_A wrote:...
Why do you think those like Jesus and Socrates had to be killed ...
Like Weil, Socrates wasn't killed he pretty much committed suicide.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Nick_A wrote:... That Simone was a far more successful social activist than them ...
But she wasn't successful at all?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dontaskme wrote:...
And now you make a mean spirited comment like in the above quote. You could have been honest with me form the start and suggested I asked the Mod myself. What you have said after the event is a two faced insult to what I thought was a genuine friend doing a friend a favour.

Why agree to do it for me in the first place, if you were just going to be an absolute two faced dickhead over the whole thing?

I'll never trust you again as a friend.

And that is why I am calling you out once again to be a disingenuous back stabbing phoney - who like to kiss ass with the Mod, and the Mod in turn kiss your ass, it's like you scratch my ass and I'll scratch yours...all to make yourself look clever, and important.

Bingo replies the Mod... clickity clique...that's it, frigging clique mentality every time.
:lol: See how your metaphysic is just built upon a pillar of sand.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

:) :) Thank you Harbal :)
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Belinda wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:57 pm :) :) Thank you Harbal :)
No, Belinda, thank you. :)
AMod

Post by AMod »

Dontaskme,
You are becoming very irritating.
Dontaskme wrote:It was an innocent situation, why the hell would you give him stick for this,
What should I say to a user who asks me to delete someone else's thread?
It's you that has the problem here for elevating what was for me just an innocent situation into some unnecessary big problem for you...how pathetic. Jesus Christ if I'd known the situation was going to resort to this kind of mess, I would not have dreamed of asking Harbal in the first place for fucks sake what is wrong with you.
It's not me who is carping on about it?
You're the delusional nutjob you idiot, I have no idea why you are making this into a big problem. I simply requested a thread deletion, and Harbal kindly agreed to ask you...when I didn't get that request honored I then PM'd you myself thinking Harbal hadn't PM'd. All you had to do was reply to my PM and tell me yourself what you thought about the situation instead of leaving me wondering what the heck was going on. This is partly your fault as well, don't act like I'm the only bad guy here.
I'm not here to pander to your stupidity.
You are making such a big meal out this making me look like I'm the idiot.
If the cap fits.
I had no idea we are not allowed to ask other people to ask for thread deletions...perhaps this was a failing on my part for not realising, but I certainly didn't ask him to do it because I was in fear of not facing up to the consequences of my actions by posting the thread in the first place like you both seem to imply.
Then why did you want it deleted?
Those thoughts never even entered my thoughts, no it's just like you and Harbal have only wanted to make me look foolish. ...it's all your own foolish projections. Typical caveman mentality.
You are easily led and influenced.
And I'm really glad there are people like Nick on this forum who are brave enough to stand up to the bullies and expose all the lies and deceit that goes on in this world. It takes guts to stick your neck on the line and be bold enough to say out loud what you are all only ever thinking anyway.
See above.
Also what I'd like to bring to your attention is how you appear to pat Harbal on the back as being the golden boy, and yet you seem to have a problem with Nick's attitude.
Harbal is an arse at times and at others he's quite astute, credit where credit is due.

I have no problem with Nick_A's thoughts hence he and his posts are still here. I have quite a problem with him leaving this forum threatening to besmirch us to all and sundry upon other forums and then returning here when he got banned from them, but note, he is still here.
Have you not noticed the negative and sometimes derogatory way Harbal speaks to some people on this forum, and especially me, ...
Boo Hoo. Try being as witty as he can be.
it's a wonder you have any vistitors at all to this website.. so is it one rule for one and another rule for someone else is it?
No, I pretty much allow you all the same licence. At present we give two tosses about visitor numbers or popularity contests as we are not a social media site, something you appear to forget. If you don't like this 'pub' and it's patrons you are free to drink elsewhere.

AMod.
p.s. If you have a valid concern about others posts upon a thread of yours then fine report it but until then please stop bothering me.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Nick_A wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:25 pm But students in Ottawa will hear some good stuff. We all go out to dinner and have a good time after.
Drinking and swapping Weil quotes into the early hours of the morning, no doubt. You bunch of hellraisers.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Nick_A wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:25 pm
But students in Ottawa will hear some good stuff. We all go out to dinner and have a good time after.
to make this philosophic quest especially potent in terms of in vino veritas make sure the drinks come before dinner.
Greta

Post by Greta »

marjoram_blues wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:16 pmre last post by Nick ...

However, he is guilty of abuse of character ...
That's what he usually does, Marj. I appreciate that you too are taking the self preservation route.

An interesting thing. After all these months of daily abuse by Nick I see just how infected I've been by his sickness. I realised after I made the decision yesterday to give up this battle completely and leave him to have his free hits. If the mud sticks, so be it.

This morning I went for an early morning walk after yet again only having a few hours' sleep (residual stress). In private moments I enjoy a mental gimmick / mind hack / whatever where I look into the sky and try to feel how all the stuff of our lives takes place on this effective Flatland on the Earth's surface within the eternity of endless space. Basically they are small mystical experiences. I haven't had one of those experiences for months since Nick started working to break me, and I just appreciated what I'd been missing and what I'd allowed him to take from me.

It is most ironic - or perhaps inevitable - that the one who preaches about "cave life" and "spirit killing" seems intent on breaking others' spirituality and effectively trying to pull them deep in the cave where he resides.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Harbal wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:19 pm
Nick_A wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:25 pm But students in Ottawa will hear some good stuff. We all go out to dinner and have a good time after.
Drinking and swapping Weil quotes into the early hours of the morning, no doubt. You bunch of hellraisers.
This will come as a shock so brace yourself. Not all philosophers are like progressives here with the need to attack, condemn, ridicule, deny, or partake in any other delights of a progressive secular intellect. They can actually go out to dinner after a day of discussion and enjoy some friendly conversation even if they have some philosophical disgreements

Preposterous you will say. It is an insult to modern philosophy to even suggest it. Fight to your last ounce of strength to assert anddefend your opinions. Close your mind; holler and complain. It is the modern way. I know it is a shock but some people are not that way. Take a deep breath and don't fall over. They can actually discuss ideas without being compelled to further their agendas through expressions of intolerance.
davidm

Post by davidm »

My suspicion is that if Nick and I do meet here in NYC, we'll probably get along quite well. Maybe I'll even tame him a bit. 8)