Einstein and the Cosmic Man

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Arising_uk

Re: Einstein and the Cosmic Man

Post by Arising_uk »

Nick_A wrote:... Einstein could experience his nothingness so didn't get in his own way. ...
You couldn't make this up. Oh! You did.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Nick_A wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:05 pm
Harbal wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:52 pmIs it possible to put in a request for the shutdown of this thread? I enjoyed seeing Nick's other thread locked so much that I have a craving to experience it again, it's very adictive.
I can't blame you. As a secular intolerant you enjoy the victory of secular intolerance shouting down a thread.
ROFL! Allowing 80 pages of your repetitive drivel was most tolerant. Remember my atheist friend who joined a Catholic forum and was banned after just a few posts for asking what they intended to do to prevent more molesting and to brings perps to account?

Nick, this is your chance to accuse the mods here of being intolerant secularists for locking your thread. Then, if they explain their reasoning, you can call them "liars" and see how that works out for you.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Arising_uk wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:22 pm
Nick_A wrote:... Einstein could experience his nothingness so didn't get in his own way. ...
You couldn't make this up. Oh! You did.
"Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel humble." ~ Einstein
Einstein could feel his nothingness in relation to "a spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel humble."

Your puffed up secular egoism makes it impossible to consider a quality of consciousness greater than that of the Great Beast. Consequently, you could never experience the value of the humility Einstein experienced. Your loss.
Greta

Post by Greta »

davidm wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:17 pm
Greta wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:40 amAs an artist and musician, imagination and intuition are my favourite things. That is what creative people do.
Me too. I am a published fiction writer and a visual artist. I rely on intuition all the time. I, and I am sure you, have a much greater understanding of intuition than Nick ever could if it bit him on the ass. Nick, based on his writings, is one of the most uncreative and non-intuitive people I have encountered. He is a broken record: secular intolerance ... the great beast ... boiled in oil ... etc.
Well done writing fiction, David! Mum was a writer and I have tons of sci fi and fantasy ideas but I cannot plot or create good characters to save my life. So it's mostly music or, when I can't play music, cartooning and design keep up my creative jollies.

Yes, Nick is stuck on a loop. His attempts to pigeonhole others keep calling to mind the ERRA Institute from the Red Dwarf TV series:
The Erroneous Reasoning Research Academy (or ERRA for short) is a Space Corps facility introduced in the Series X episode "Entangled".

Based on the assumption that great genius can be discovered when two previously disregarded theories are merged into one, the staff of ERRA were handpicked for their ability to be mistaken; for their gifts in fallacious analysis and defective reasoning.

They were all outstandingly good at being consistently incorrect. There were a lot of referees, television critics, and weathermen who were then re-educated in the sciences to develop extraordinary new but erroneous theories that would then be combined together to produce works of great genius. The whole idea turned out to be wrong, and the man behind the idea was so depressed that he attempted suicide. Naturally he failed, and he went on to live into his nineties.
Nick, I actually used to think you were bright due to your reading and eloquence, just disturbed. Now I realise that you are actually stupid - a widely-read (within a narrow field), eloquent moron with almost no reasoning skills, and you either forget or cannot absorb anything said to you.
davidm wrote:He's not bright.
I was not bright enough to realise that until recently so I guess it was a case of pot and kettle :lol:

Now Nick seems to be claiming that only great minds like he and Einstein can feel humbled at the scale of the universe. Yikes.
Last edited by Greta on Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Greta wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:25 pm
Nick_A wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:05 pm
Harbal wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:52 pmIs it possible to put in a request for the shutdown of this thread? I enjoyed seeing Nick's other thread locked so much that I have a craving to experience it again, it's very adictive.
I can't blame you. As a secular intolerant you enjoy the victory of secular intolerance shouting down a thread.
ROFL! Allowing 80 pages of your repetitive drivel was most tolerant. Remember my atheist friend who joined a Catholic forum and was banned after just a few posts for asking what they intended to do to prevent more molesting and to brings perps to account?

Nick, this is your chance to accuse the mods here of being intolerant secularists for locking your thread. Then, if they explain their reasoning, you can call them "liars" and see how that works out for you.
The mod did what is normal for politicians and school officials when being screamed at by people with an agenda to shut this or that down. They give in to them to avoid aggravation. This is what is happening at colleges who invite conservative commentators to speak. They are shouted down and even told not to appear in order to satisfy the violent progressive agenda. Secular intolerance and the harm it causes can only be seriously discussed in the presence of those with the intelligence and mental stability to understand it. Sadly you are not one and are more at home expressing secular intolerance.
davidm

Post by davidm »

Nick_A wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:44 amSecular intolerance and the harm it causes can only be seriously discussed in the presence of those with the intelligence and mental stability to understand it. Sadly you are not one and are more at home expressing secular intolerance.
Sadly you are a moron. :lol:
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Greta wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:42 am
davidm wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:17 pm
Greta wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:40 amAs an artist and musician, imagination and intuition are my favourite things. That is what creative people do.
Me too. I am a published fiction writer and a visual artist. I rely on intuition all the time. I, and I am sure you, have a much greater understanding of intuition than Nick ever could if it bit him on the ass. Nick, based on his writings, is one of the most uncreative and non-intuitive people I have encountered. He is a broken record: secular intolerance ... the great beast ... boiled in oil ... etc.
Well done writing fiction, David! Mum was a writer and I have tons of sci fi and fantasy ideas but I cannot plot or create good characters to save my life. So it's mostly music or, when I can't play music, cartooning and design keep up my creative jollies.

Yes, Nick is stuck on a loop. His attempts to pigeonhole others keep calling to mind the ERRA Institute from the Red Dwarf TV series:
The Erroneous Reasoning Research Academy (or ERRA for short) is a Space Corps facility introduced in the Series X episode "Entangled".

Based on the assumption that great genius can be discovered when two previously disregarded theories are merged into one, the staff of ERRA were handpicked for their ability to be mistaken; for their gifts in fallacious analysis and defective reasoning.

They were all outstandingly good at being consistently incorrect. There were a lot of referees, television critics, and weathermen who were then re-educated in the sciences to develop extraordinary new but erroneous theories that would then be combined together to produce works of great genius. The whole idea turned out to be wrong, and the man behind the idea was so depressed that he attempted suicide. Naturally he failed, and he went on to live into his nineties.
Nick, I actually used to think you were bright due to your reading and eloquence, just disturbed. Now I realise that you are actually stupid - a widely-read (within a narrow field), eloquent moron with almost no reasoning skills, and you either forget or cannot absorb anything said to you.
davidm wrote:He's not bright.
I was not bright enough to realise that until recently so I guess it was a case of pot and kettle :lol:

Now Nick seems to be claiming that only great minds like he and Einstein can feel humbled at the scale of the universe. Yikes.
You don't have to be bright to feel humility. You just have to be normal and not agenda driven.
davidm

Post by davidm »

Actually, you do have to be bright to feel humility. Not a genius, but not a moron, either. Exhibit A: the moron who is president, who you voted for. :lol:
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Nick_A wrote:Einstein could feel his nothingness in relation to "a spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel humble."
Humbleness is not 'nothingness' this is just your religious indoctrination being added to the mix.

Einstein said he was an agnostic but that if he was anything else then is would be a Spinozian pantheist, as such he'd have no truck with your nonsense of 'great chains of hierarchical being'.

"My position concerning God is that of an agnostic. I am convinced that a vivid consciousness of the primary importance of moral principles for the betterment and ennoblement of life does not need the idea of a law-giver, especially a law-giver who works on the basis of reward and punishment."
A. Einstein.
Your puffed up secular egoism makes it impossible to consider a quality of consciousness greater than that of the Great Beast. Consequently, you could never experience the value of the humility Einstein experienced. Your loss.
Well given your 'Great Beast' is just a myth of your own making and one based upon your own religious indoctrination I'd find it impossible to consider a quality of consciousness greater than it but can I be conscious of wanting to serve a greater purpose, sure it comes part and parcel with being a father, husband, sibling, son, etc.

You talk a lot but I've yet to hear you walk any of it and I'm still convinced you don't understand the difference between atheism and secularism and are confusing them.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Nick_A wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:49 amYou don't have to be bright to feel humility. You just have to be normal ...
Ahem :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you have any more bad words to say about this forum's mods, Nick? :twisted:
AMod

Post by AMod »

Nick_A,
Nick_A wrote:...
The mod did what is normal for politicians and school officials when being screamed at by people with an agenda to shut this or that down. They give in to them to avoid aggravation. ...
This is exactly not what happened.

AMod.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Nick_A,
Nick_A wrote: As I said, I cannot blame the mod. Why oppose the intolerant demands of a secular agenda on a largely secular site for the sake of educational philosophy? It's not worth the aggravation. I appreciate the logic.
You obviously do not.

AMod.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

AMod wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:59 am Nick_A,
The mod did what is normal for politicians and school officials when being screamed at by people with an agenda to shut this or that down. They give in to them to avoid aggravation. ...

AMod.
Well if a thread isn't breaking any rules and yet introduces a topic affecting the inner life of children, why lock it even if some are trying to shout it down? Which is more offensive: the shouters or the topic?
davidm

Post by davidm »

Nick_A wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:12 am
AMod wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:59 am Nick_A,

AMod.
Well if a thread isn't breaking any rules and yet introduces a topic affecting the inner life of children, why lock it even if some are trying to shout it down? Which is more offensive: the shouters or the topic?
Yes, Nick knows all about the "inner life of children," just like ICan knows about Nietzsche! :lol:
AMod

Post by AMod »

Nick_A,
Nick_A wrote:Well if a thread isn't breaking any rules and yet introduces a topic affecting the inner life of children, why lock it even if some are trying to shout it down? Which is more offensive: the shouters or the topic?
Neither, it had run its course.

AMod.