Einstein and the Cosmic Man

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

Re: Einstein and the Cosmic Man

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:22 pm I totally get this Nick.
Put it back, Dontaskme.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:08 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:04 pm
I agree.
If you value our friendship, Dontask, I suggest you stop agreeing with him.
I get Nick.

Does that mean the friendship that is Harbal and Jane is under threat of being unfriended?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:27 pm
Does that mean the friendship that is Harbal and Jane is under threat of being unfriended?
I'm afraid it does, yes. I can't believe you'd take his side after all I've done for you.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:30 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:27 pm
I'm afraid it does, yes. I can't believe you'd take his side after all I've done for you.

Lol..okay, so be it, I really hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave.

Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:37 pm but I love to watch you leave.
How can you say that after everything we've been through together? He's no good for you, Jane, he'll only drag you down, and your backside will be black and blue by the time he's done with you.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Another fool trying to co-opt Einstein, and bend his views to agree with some half baked notion of god.
It does not and cannot work.
Every child should read and inwardly digest that letter; including the OP.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:42 pm
How can you say that after everything we've been through together? He's no good for you, Jane, he'll only drag you down, and your backside will be black and blue by the time he's done with you.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:05 pm Another fool trying to co-opt Einstein
Actually, Hobbs, we've got enough fools already but I suppose you may as well join in now you're here.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Forget the cosmic man. This indoctrinated secularism has become so entrenched and so influential in the world it is doubtful our species will survive the next fifty years. It is amazing how easily egoistic secularism destroys the human impulse for the experience of humility in front of the actions of this "illimitable spirit." How easily human consciousness is sacrificed to imagination.
My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind. Einstein
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Harbal wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:42 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:37 pm but I love to watch you leave.
Why would I want to spank Jane? I don't even know her. Did she do something wrong?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Nick_A wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:49 pm Why would I want to spank Jane?
Oh, you've progressed to spanking now, have you?
I don't even know her.
That's an advantage for you. Anyone you did know wouldn't let you get close enough to put your grubby little hands on them.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Nick_A wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:46 pm Forget the cosmic man. This indoctrinated secularism has become so entrenched and so influential in the world it is doubtful our species will survive the next fifty years. ...
My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind. Einstein
SInce Einstein's religion was totally secular it's rather amusing to see these two statements side by side!! LOL
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:58 pm
Nick_A wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:46 pm Forget the cosmic man. This indoctrinated secularism has become so entrenched and so influential in the world it is doubtful our species will survive the next fifty years. ...
SInce Einstein's religion was totally secular it's rather amusing to see these two statements side by side!! LOL
Do you really believe that this " illimitable superior spirit" Einstein referred to is limited to one level of reality and a resident of Plato's cave?
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Nick_A wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:02 pm
Hobbes' Choice wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:58 pm

Do you really believe that this " illimitable superior spirit" Einstein referred to is limited to one level of reality and a resident of Plato's cave?
You are crackers.
It's a misquote.
As Einstein did not believe god was a person, the pronoun "WHO" should be "THAT".
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Nick_A wrote:Those who believe we live in chaos reject the harmony of creation. ...
And yet Physics points out that its all only relatively probable.

No idea who these believers in chaos are?
Those who see the harmony of creation know it reflects universal laws which cannot arise by accident. ...
The former bit means scientists the latter bit means the religious who add this bit. You in fact.
But since many reject the universe as a harmonious whole there is nothing to co-create with.
Without objective purpose, secularists will assert the supremacy of subjective meaning and purpose
And yet Einstein says "Man has infinite dimensions and finds God in his conscience. [A cosmic religion] has no dogma other than teaching man that the universe is rational and that his highest destiny is to ponder it and co-create with its laws.", nothing to do with a 'God' providing an 'objective' purpose and in fact 'in his conscience' so in his subjectivity.