Should a good Christian overthrow God?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Post Reply
Above us only sky
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:50 pm

Should a good Christian overthrow God?

Post by Above us only sky » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:35 am

https://youtu.be/akOHzA7mb50

"We Will Follow You Only" (Chosŏn'gŭl: 우리는 당신밖에 모른다) is a North Korean hymn dedicated to the country's leader Kim Jong-un. The song was first released on the Korean Central Television in 2013, every North Korean has to sing it.

Here is the lyric:
He is the driving force behind our world
In his embrace he holds the people's fate
His ideals are our dreams and hope
Which will make all our flowers bloom
We know nobody, but You, Great Comrade Kim Jong Un!
We wil be loyal to You, Great Comrade Kim Jong Un!
His brilliant ideals represent our goal
The Brilliant Commander's will, the people's victory
Along the only road he marked
Ten million advance like a storm
We know nobody, but You, Great Comrade Kim Jong Un!
We will be loyal to You, Great Comrade Kim Jong Un!
Even if heaven and earth change
You remain in our hearts
To the end in both life and death
We will uphold his leadership
We know nobody, but You, Great Comrade Kim Jong Un!
We will be loyal to You, Great Comrade Kim Jong Un!
To be honest, North Korean has the best religious music.

If you replace the word 'Kim Jong Un' with the word 'father', then this song will be a very good Christian song both in its melody and its lyrics.

In fact, in North Korea, one of the titles of Kim Jong Un is 'the father'. :shock:

Follow this logic, Is God the geatest dictator?

According to the Old Testment, he is, therefore a good Christian should overthrown him;

Any Christian who refuse to overthrown God is not a good Christian;

if a Christian can not overthrow God, at least he should flee from God and refuse to obey him as many people in North Korea has done :shock: :shock:

Is there any Christian here that can defeat my argument? 8) 8) 8)
Last edited by Above us only sky on Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8385
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: Should a good Christian overthrown God?

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:17 am

Any Christian good or bad, should become an atheist as soon as possible.

User avatar
Sir-Sister-of-Suck
Posts: 508
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:09 am

Re: Should a good Christian overthrown God?

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:57 am

Above us only sky wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:35 am
Is there any Christian here that can defeat my arguement?
I'm not a christian, but your argument is vacuous to say the least. If we assume Christianity is true, than it entails that a christian should most certainly not overthrow or flee from god.

FlashDangerpants
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:54 pm

Re: Should a good Christian overthrown God?

Post by FlashDangerpants » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:04 am

Above us only sky wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:35 am
Is there any Christian here that can defeat my arguement? 8) 8) 8)
I'm an atheist and I think that your argument is utter shite. The entire bit with the North Korean hymn serves no logical purpose, it's not at all clear that Christians have a special obligation to overthrow kings, dictators or tyrants (the Bible being stuffed with them, and there being that whole "render unto Caesar" bit) and you provide no argument that they do.

You also did nothing to establish moral equivalence between a fat little flesh bag with no real claim to be those things in that song, and an omnipotent creator of an entire universe who does actually make flowers bloom and shit.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 6041
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Should a good Christian overthrown God?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:30 am

FlashDangerpants wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:04 am
Above us only sky wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:35 am
Is there any Christian here that can defeat my arguement? 8) 8) 8)
I'm an atheist and I think that your argument is utter shite. The entire bit with the North Korean hymn serves no logical purpose, it's not at all clear that Christians have a special obligation to overthrow kings, dictators or tyrants (the Bible being stuffed with them, and there being that whole "render unto Caesar" bit) and you provide no argument that they do.

You also did nothing to establish moral equivalence between a fat little flesh bag with no real claim to be those things in that song, and an omnipotent creator of an entire universe who does actually make flowers bloom and shit.
If the yanks hate him then he must have something going for him.

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 4441
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: Should a good Christian overthrown God?

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:26 pm

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:30 am
FlashDangerpants wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:04 am
Above us only sky wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:35 am
Is there any Christian here that can defeat my arguement? 8) 8) 8)
I'm an atheist and I think that your argument is utter shite. The entire bit with the North Korean hymn serves no logical purpose, it's not at all clear that Christians have a special obligation to overthrow kings, dictators or tyrants (the Bible being stuffed with them, and there being that whole "render unto Caesar" bit) and you provide no argument that they do.

You also did nothing to establish moral equivalence between a fat little flesh bag with no real claim to be those things in that song, and an omnipotent creator of an entire universe who does actually make flowers bloom and shit.
If the yanks hate him then he must have something going for him.
Coming from VT, that must mean the Aussies hate him.

PhilX 🇺🇸

FlashDangerpants
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:54 pm

Re: Should a good Christian overthrown God?

Post by FlashDangerpants » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:22 pm

What's the purpose of this obsession you have about VT's location? Do you even get a prize if you guess correctly?

And did you decide on AUS simply because you can't think of very many English speaking nations? Or are you just working alphabetically, and will end up this time next year accusing her of residence in Zimbabwe?

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 4441
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: Should a good Christian overthrown God?

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:29 pm

FlashDangerpants wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:22 pm
What's the purpose of this obsession you have about VT's location? Do you even get a prize if you guess correctly?

And did you decide on AUS simply because you can't think of very many English speaking nations? Or are you just working alphabetically, and will end up this time next year accusing her of residence in Zimbabwe?
And what's your interest/obsession in this?

PhilX 🇺🇸

FlashDangerpants
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:54 pm

Re: Should a good Christian overthrown God?

Post by FlashDangerpants » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:48 pm

I don't even read most of the threads here, but everywhere I look right now you seem to be going off on this same boring fucking topic where you are being roundly fucked over by somebody who is able to push your buttons with total ease. You are predictable and stupid, and I sort of feel very slightly sorry for you.

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 4441
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: Should a good Christian overthrown God?

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:55 pm

FlashDangerpants wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:48 pm
I don't even read most of the threads here, but everywhere I look right now you seem to be going off on this same boring fucking topic where you are being roundly fucked over by somebody who is able to push your buttons with total ease. You are predictable and stupid, and I sort of feel very slightly sorry for you.
Put me on your foes list and save your pity.

PhilX 🇺🇸

Above us only sky
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:50 pm

Re: Should a good Christian overthrown God?

Post by Above us only sky » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:47 pm

FlashDangerpants wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:04 am
Above us only sky wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:35 am
Is there any Christian here that can defeat my arguement? 8) 8) 8)
I'm an atheist and I think that your argument is utter shite. The entire bit with the North Korean hymn serves no logical purpose, it's not at all clear that Christians have a special obligation to overthrow kings, dictators or tyrants (the Bible being stuffed with them, and there being that whole "render unto Caesar" bit) and you provide no argument that they do.

You also did nothing to establish moral equivalence between a fat little flesh bag with no real claim to be those things in that song, and an omnipotent creator of an entire universe who does actually make flowers bloom and shit.
According to Bible, God is Omnipotent, Omnipresent, and Omniscient.
And according to the Juche idea, as well as in reality, the great leader of North Korea is also Omnipotent, Omnipresent, and Omniscient

For a North Korean guy,
Kim is Omnipotent, if he wants you die, you die.

and he is Omnipresent, you look around in your neigborhood, you find Kim's photo hanging anywhere.

He is also Omniscient, if you express your disloyalty of him, some secret policemen will report it.

and finally, He is the driving force behind your world

Kim gave you a cradle to grave welfare state, you were born in a state owned hospital free of charge, educated in a state owned school free of charge, live by free food ration provided by Kim, and Kim gave you a job.

Finally, consider the following facts
Christianity and Juche both have, as the center of their veneration, a trinity. Christians worship the one-in-three God of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as revealed in Scripture. Juche adherents worship Kim Il Sung, the former leader of North Korea who died in 1994, his wife Kim Jung Sook, and his son, Kim Jong Il, now also deceased (and reverenced). Homes in North Korea are required to feature prominently hung portraits of both Kim Il Sung and Kim Jong Il and damage to or neglect of either of their portraits (including, for example, failure to dust them or rescue them in the event of a house fire or flood) is a grave, often fatal offense.

Christians hold the Bible to be a sacred book, inspired by God himself. Juche holds the writings and teachings of Kim Il Sung to be holy and authoritative, and all North Koreans regardless of age regularly receive teaching from them. They are required to memorize large sections of these writings and to be able to quote from them throughout their lives. It would not be inaccurate to say that North Korean ethics is built around a “WWKD?” mentality: What would Kim Il Sung do? From grade school on, North Koreans are taught 100 stories of Kim Il Sung’s life, and these are considered normative for how all North Koreans should act.
Christians worship Jesus as the Son of God and believe he was resurrected from the dead to reign in glory with the Father. We believe upon death, believers are united with Jesus in heaven for eternity. Juche worships Kim Il Sung as though he is divine. He remains North Korea’s “eternal president,” which makes North Korea the only necrocracy (i.e., country ruled by a dead man) in the world. For North Koreans, eternal life is found in acts of great sacrifice and reverence of Kim Il Sung and his offspring, since such acts are memorialized forever in stories, songs, dramas, books, and films.

Many Christians believe the locations where Jesus was born, taught, prayed, etc. to be holy ground and many travel to Israel to see them. Likewise for the sites marking events in the life of Kim Il Sung. To this day, decades after his death, the places he visited, the comments he made at each site, and even the tools he touched are preserved and maintained with the same level of devotion as the shrines of Jesus. The same is true of Kim Jong Il. North Koreans say a star appeared overhead when Kim Jong Il was born in a humble log cabin in the snowy midwinter. As one reporter wrote, “All that is missing is the three kings and their camels.”

Christians attend weekly gatherings where we join together in the worship of God, repent of sin, and receive instruction from Scripture. Juche adherents gather regularly to repent of wrongdoing and receive instruction from Kim Il Sung. They sing songs from the Kim Il Sung hymnal–600 songs of worship of the one they call the “Great Leader.” Every city and village in North Korea contains a “Kim Il Sung Research Center,” which to Western eyes looks like what we would call a church building. North Korean defectors regularly tell us that if North Korea falls, it will not be necessary to build church buildings; all that is needed is to convert existing Kim Il Sung Research Centers.
http://dotheword.org/2014/03/17/how-is- ... istianity/

Above us only sky
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:50 pm

Re: Should a good Christian overthrow God?

Post by Above us only sky » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:43 pm

Here is a video from North Korea:
Korea Central TV: Torchlight Gala “Youth Power, Let’s March Forward Following the Party!”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w15FF5rSC2w

The youth of Kimilsungist-Kimjongilist Youth League in Pyongyang are performing a massive show for Kim.

Dalek Prime
Posts: 4197
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:48 am

Re: Should a good Christian overthrow God?

Post by Dalek Prime » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:57 am

Throw up God? The Eucharist?

Only if it's expired. And two thousand years does seem a little after the best before date.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests