Against Caffeine

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Re: Against Caffeine

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

Gloominary wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:14 pmI think the words 'brutal raping' betray the true motivations behind your participation in this thread.
That there was a pre-meditated desire to discredit someone I had never even heard about until this thread?
Did you win, turd?

Is this what, 'rape', feels like?
What I feel, is that you should never try to make an edgy rape joke after calling someone a 'turd'.
Gloominary wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:29 pmDon't go back and edit your posts, or we'll know.

All of these are from the first several pages of this thread.
I don't see why I would, and I don't see why they would, because no one has any concerns over those posts except you. I'm not quite sure what it is you're getting on, because I don't recall ever having said "anecdotes are unacceptable to use in any conversation, ever". In fact, I don't recall ever making such a blanket statement, autonomously denouncing all of your anecdotes, either, but objecting to the specifically problematic ones, and giving my reasons as to why they're problematic in light of something else.
Gloominary wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:36 pm Suck, you've made some claims.
You haven't provided any proof to support these claims.
Until you do, I, and everyone following this thread, have no reason to believe you, it's that simple.
I like how you complain about how I'm basically not answering your questions for where the proofs are, after ignoring my question for what it is these questions even mean and why you're asking them.

"Answer these questions you don't understand, and I don't even understand why I'm asking them!"
Gloominary wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:50 pmSuck, you're not a teacher of anything, and you're not half as clever as you think you are
Well, I'll say that I don't think I'm as clever as you think I think I am, either.
Gloominary

Post by Gloominary »

That there was a pre-meditated desire to discredit someone I had never even heard about until this thread?
Are you playing dumb or plain dumb?
That from the first post till last, you've been trying to impress everyone watching.
And there may be something Freudian in that I won't delve into at all, but will only mention briefly in passing.

"Problematic Anecdotes"

Like the one you tried to use to claim no one abuses caffeine on the road?
I like how you complain about how I'm basically not answering your questions for where the proofs are, after ignoring my question for what it is these questions even mean and why you're asking them.
I'm sure the justice system is being held back by a total lack of sci lit on caffeine abuse and driving, and an abundance of sci (fi) lit on caffeine use and driving, I don't think it's nearly as autonomous, at least on matters such as these, as you're suggesting.
Despite thousands of studies on the billions of people using caffeine on the road, there's not a single study on the tens-hundreds of millions abusing it also on the road and elsewhere.
The Starbucks lobby is very powerful indeed.
You see they train people like you to see every dot and puzzle piece in isolation, cause a single one can be more easily attributed to happenstance.
Thousands of scientists curious about whether caffeine use can mildly improve driving, but not a single scientist curious about whether caffeine abuse can mildly-moderately-severely impair driving.
Well, I'll say that I don't think I'm as clever as you think I think I am, either.
You're so modest, and not at all like the condescending little p**** I thought you were, my mistake.
Last edited by Gloominary on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:00 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Gloominary

Post by Gloominary »

thedoc wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:51 pm
Gloominary wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:04 pm The only people caffeine, temporarily, relaxes is the people desperate for another fix.
I see that you are taking a page from the anti-smokers handbook, offer an extreme example to make a point about something that is, in this case, relatively benign, but you object to it on principle because that is all you've got, no substance only principle.
Caffeine is a stimulant, and generally makes people more hyperactive.
Gloominary

Post by Gloominary »

"Dust"

As if getting dust in the eye, something that happens every once in a while and can be flicked out in a second or two, is in any way shape or form, or by any stretch of the imagination comparable to someone driving around in this condition:

Dizziness
Blurred vision
Restlessness
Nervousness
Increased heartbeat
Nausea
Anxiety
Heart palpitations
Insomnia
Sweating
Dizziness
Vomiting

http://www.avrek.com/blog/coffee-intoxi ... ch-coffee/
Last edited by Gloominary on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gloominary

Post by Gloominary »

thedoc wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:45 pm
Gloominary wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:50 pm Suck, you're not a teacher of anything, and you're not half as clever as you think you are, you're a sniveling, pretentious, arrogant little twat.

If you have nothing more to say about the dangers of caffeine...than get the fuck off my thread.
Gloomy has resorted to name calling and profanity which indicates that he has nothing to offer. It wasn't even nice while it lasted.
I merely reciprocated in a more honest way.
Gloominary

Post by Gloominary »

Harbal wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:53 pm
Gloominary wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:50 pm get the fuck off my thread.
Calm down, Gloomy, make yourself a nice cup of coffee, sit down and relax.
I think I'd rather roll a joint.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Gloominary wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:48 pm I think I'd rather roll a joint.
Ah, but it doesn't go as well with chocolate cake.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Harbal wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:57 pm
Ah, but it doesn't go as well with chocolate cake.
Please don't get him started on chocolate, his rant about caffeine was bad enough.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

thedoc wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:14 pm his rant about caffeine was bad enough.
The funny thing is: the more he goes on about it, the more it makes me feel like a cup of coffee.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

So that's why you're so uptight and tense, marijuana withdraw. Please smoke a joint, then maybe you won't be so hard on caffeine.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Harbal wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:16 pm
thedoc wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:14 pm his rant about caffeine was bad enough.
The funny thing is: the more he goes on about it, the more it makes me feel like a cup of coffee.
Well I hope you get back to feeling like Harbal, I can't imagine what a cup of coffee feels like, but it might be nice on a cold day.

"It's a bit like being drunk."
"What's wrong with being drunk?"
"Ask a glass of water."
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

thedoc wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:21 pm
Well I hope you get back to feeling like Harbal,
What a lovely thing to say, doc, I think you're warming to me, aren't you?
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Harbal wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:33 pm
thedoc wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:21 pm
Well I hope you get back to feeling like Harbal,
What a lovely thing to say, doc, I think you're warming to me, aren't you?
Not really but you would be better than a cup of coffee splashing on the keyboard.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Gloom,

I don't agree entirely with your comparison of anarcho-individualism and democratic communitarianism (i think some of your assessment is just plain wrong), but I can see how the two can be interlinked for you.

Back to the matter at hand...

What business is it of yours if I guzzle coffee?

Seems to me: till I'm takin' money outta your pocket or food offa your table, it ain't.
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

Gloominary wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:17 pm"Problematic Anecdotes"

Like the one you tried to use to claim no one abuses caffeine on the road?
I wasn't aware this was all I had done, or ever claimed I was using it as proof. I mean, I'd have to go through each one individually to see why I brought each of them up, and not just their copy/pasting from randomly skimmed out-of-context remarks of this very large thread. But I don't really need anything other than an anecdote to object to what is already only backed by another anecdote.
I'm sure the justice system is being held back
You just did it again, you know, in order to go off on an unrelated tang asserting how right you are.
p****
Why do you censor your "bad words"?
Gloominary wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:39 pm "Dust"

As if getting dust in the eye, something that happens every once in a while and can be flicked out in a second or two, is in any way shape or form, or by any stretch of the imagination comparable to someone driving around in this condition:
The point to bring this up is that we can't just assume everything is a problem, if we have no supporting data to suggest that it is one, because we'd be granting ludicrous ideas such as this. This isn't even even to show a parallel between caffeinated driving and dust-related accidents, but a response to your objection that we have no real way for testing "caffeine levels".