Civilization will Collapse

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

HexHammer

Re: Civilization will Collapse

Post by HexHammer »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:08 pmThere are some very good quotes of his. No one is saying he knew everything there was to know about everything or that he was perfect (how boring would that be?) but he was certainly a lot more intelligent than the average person.
I'm not sure you know what you are saying.

Wise = good and sound judgement.

Know everything = knowledgeable.

Besides, there's a term like "idiot savant" which Einstein was, all the knowledge in the world, won't help on an idiot savant's wisdom.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

HexHammer wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:20 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:08 pmThere are some very good quotes of his. No one is saying he knew everything there was to know about everything or that he was perfect (how boring would that be?) but he was certainly a lot more intelligent than the average person.
I'm not sure you know what you are saying.

Wise = good and sound judgement.

Know everything = knowledgeable.

Besides, there's a term like "idiot savant" which Einstein was, all the knowledge in the world, won't help on an idiot savant's wisdom.
I do know what I'm saying. You don't seem to. I don't know what you are basing your assertions on--probably the fact that he wasn't a warmonger like you. That alone makes him a lot wiser than the average person. He was certainly no 'idiot savant'.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

HexHammer wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:20 pm
Besides, there's a term like "idiot savant" which Einstein was,
You remind me of Einstein, Hex, apart from the savant bit.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

PauloL wrote:I have recently read about French's Revolution role in implementation of Capitalism.

In fact, industrialization, first by manufactures and later by machines, created a new class, bourgeoisie, that became powerful enough by the money they accumulated to take power as we see it today. ...
I'd have thought that the British Industrial Revolution?

You could view the Black Death as the onset of the death of the Feudal system and the onset of capitalism and the bourgeoisie as for the first time the common agricultural workers labour became a valuable commodity through scarcity and the land-owners had to start offering increased wages to lure workers to their estates which led to a travelling class who had to be catered for in food and lodgings, etc, hence a rise in shopkeeps, inns, etc, or so I've read.
Last edited by Arising_uk on Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:36 pmI do know what I'm saying. You don't seem to. I don't know what you are basing your assertions on--probably the fact that he wasn't a warmonger like you. That alone makes him a lot wiser than the average person. He was certainly no 'idiot savant'.
I am not warmongering, I say how things are, correct labeling him "idiot savant" which you don't know what is.

To disagree with Einstein's assertion isn't warmongering, you see things ..dude!
PauloL

Post by PauloL »

Arising_uk wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:55 pm
That's right, but the process was in course before Industrial Revolution. IR accelerated that indeed.

But that began well before, when people started to explore artisans to produce large quantities at ridicule prices for them selling at fairs. Later they created manufactures where they concentrated artisans. Then they specialized work by creating steps that required no special skills and dismissed highly skilled (and rare) artisans.
vegetariantaxidermy

HexHammer wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:21 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:36 pmI do know what I'm saying. You don't seem to. I don't know what you are basing your assertions on--probably the fact that he wasn't a warmonger like you. That alone makes him a lot wiser than the average person. He was certainly no 'idiot savant'.
I am not warmongering, I say how things are, correct labeling him "idiot savant" which you don't know what is.

To disagree with Einstein's assertion isn't warmongering, you see things ..dude!
I'm basing it on other things you have said. And I do know what an 'idiot savant' is.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:03 pmI'm basing it on other things you have said. And I do know what an 'idiot savant' is.
What have I said that is warmongering!?!?

Then tell me what an "idiot savant" is.
vegetariantaxidermy

HexHammer wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:35 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:03 pmI'm basing it on other things you have said. And I do know what an 'idiot savant' is.
What have I said that is warmongering!?!?

Then tell me what an "idiot savant" is.
Sorry. Must be confusing you with someont else. I don't think that's the PC way to say it now. Einstein was perfectly normal (as far as anyone is). Every brilliant person is not an 'idiot savant'. They are often slightly 'Aspergers' but that's not the same thing.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:40 pmSorry. Must be confusing you with someont else. I don't think that's the PC way to say it now. Einstein was perfectly normal (as far as anyone is). Every brilliant person is not an 'idiot savant'. They are often slightly 'Aspergers' but that's not the same thing.
Good so you know what you are talking about indeed!