Is fear of hospitals irrational?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Skip

Re: Is fear of hospitals irrational?

Post by Skip »

Dalek Prime wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:13 pm What gloves? :shock:
Um, can I see you in private for a minute? Not good news, I'm afraid...

(BTW, that's exactly how my GP broached the subject of cancer. His last line in that conversation was: "It'll be rough, but you're not going to die." He was correct on all points, so who can quibble?)
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Skip wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:37 pm
Dalek Prime wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:13 pm What gloves? :shock:
Um, can I see you in private for a minute? Not good news, I'm afraid...

(BTW, that's exactly how my GP broached the subject of cancer. His last line in that conversation was: "It'll be rough, but you're not going to die." He was correct on all points, so who can quibble?)
I'm dead, aren't I? Shit, feels the same.
Skip

Post by Skip »

Just so long as your doctor is sober enough to remember which hat he's wearing, you should be okay.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Skip wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:03 pm Just so long as your doctor is sober enough to remember which hat he's wearing, you should be okay.
What, now I have to worry about hats and gloves? This is getting to be a lot of work, Skip. :(
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Skip wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:03 pm Just so long as your doctor is sober enough to remember which hat he's wearing, you should be okay.
...or whether he washed his hands between the lavatory and the operating room. Not least, counting the utensils after the operation to see if it's the same number before it started.
Skip

Post by Skip »

Dubious wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:54 pm ...or whether he washed his hands between the lavatory and the operating room.
I was originally referring to the roles of coroner and practitioner.
Doctors used to carry a notorious lot of infection from autopsy room to operating theater.

But now I'm tempted to add a nice silver-headed cane, which they also carried, back in the days of top hats and kid gloves, and have him do a Fred Astaire routine across the front lobby furniture. That should ease people's fear of hospitals.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Skip wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:52 am
Dubious wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:54 pm ...or whether he washed his hands between the lavatory and the operating room.
I was originally referring to the roles of coroner and practitioner.
Doctors used to carry a notorious lot of infection from autopsy room to operating theater.

But now I'm tempted to add a nice silver-headed cane, which they also carried, back in the days of top hats and kid gloves, and have him do a Fred Astaire routine across the front lobby furniture. That should ease people's fear of hospitals.
...as long as he's not dancing around the operating table while looking inside my interior. Now that would scare me!