Is it possible to convince anyone with the right words?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

ken

Re: Is it possible to convince anyone with the right words?

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:34 am
ken wrote:
The more I learn about how to better express more concisely and succinctly then the more control I have over how others interpret My words
This is generally true rather than absolutely true
What is the difference here?
surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:34 am but do you really want to control how everyone thinks whenever they interpret your words
I am controlling the thoughts within that head, which is seeing these writings, right NOW.

It is not about want, but need. As walker says, "Everything that moved, had to move. Everything that moves, has to move."

So, it does not matter if I want or not, I have control over thinking and thoughts already, no matter what I do.

I control ALL of you through .....
ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:45 am
ken wrote:
you know nothing when it suits you but also when it suits you you do know some things
Compared to the sum total of all human knowledge I really do know nothing even if I do know some things too
And so there is no contradiction between me saying I know nothing while actually knowing some things as well
Are you actually able to distinguish the difference between 'I know nothing', and, 'I know some things', (which is something)?

If you had stipulated from the outset that you know relatively not much at all compared to all of human knowing, then that would be fine.

But you made the absolute statement, a few times I might add, that you know nothing, which by the way when saying that appeared to help your case.
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

ken wrote:
I am controlling the thoughts within that head which is seeing these writings right NOW
Are you controlling all of the thoughts in every head that is seeing these writings right now
Or are you only controlling some of the thoughts in some of the heads that are seeing them
ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:50 am
ken wrote:
Do you think that you are the one that I am looking for
I have no idea so who is the one that you are looking for
I am looking for those who want to discuss in a logical reasoned way in order to find ALL those answers that they are seeking. For this to happen they need to be open enough, which comes from neither having any beliefs or disbelief (in) any thing.
surreptitious57

ken wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
Compared to the sum total of all human knowledge I really do know nothing even if I do know some things too
And so there is no contradiction between me saying I know nothing while actually knowing some things as well
Are you actually able to distinguish the difference between I know nothing and I know some things
No I am not when the difference is so infinitesimal as to be rendered meaningless like in this case
Probabilities of zero can actually exist and this is one such example of where it is definitely true
And so while I know some things I simultaneously know nothing at all and it is not contradictory
ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:57 am
ken wrote:
But it is the total beginners that is very young children who do provide truly open ended discussions. They are the ones who are far more
open then the elders are who apparently are truly unable to discuss without letting their preconceptions and beliefs interfere with a truly
open ended discussion. Young children are very inquisitive and will ask clarifying questions
This is very true because their minds are more open to ideas whereas adults are more closed
I seriously hope you did not write these words for My sake.

I will NOT go into how there is no such thing as "their minds" because you have already proved how much of an adult you are by how closed you are to looking at this. There is no use trying to teach a person who already thinks that they know the truth already.
ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:05 am
ken wrote:
If you are unable to ask questions to Me and /or you are unable to challenge Me then that is fair enough
There is absolutely no reason why I cannot ask questions as I am perfectly capable of asking them as you know
You are right in that there are no reasons why you can not, but there are reasons why you do not.
surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:05 amWould you like me to only ask questions from now on or would you like me to only ask them some of the time
I would like you to do exactly as I do, that is ask clarifying questions, when unclear of some thing, and, challenge, when knowing it is wrong.

I usually challenge, by the way, by asking clarifying questions, so that allows you to clear up before I assume some thing. Your response or non response usually is enough evidence to provide and show the truth anyway. But, if you want to keep on insisting as though you know the absolutely truth, when I know it is not, then I challenge by showing how it is not true.
ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:12 am
ken wrote:
Is it just because there appears to be only us two posting here that that is the only reason
you want to leave or is there some other more reasonable reason for your decision here
It is just because there appears to be only two of us posting here
So, do you not like discussing with One only?
surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:12 amNo one else seems to be that interested in what you have to say
Are you interested in what I say?

And, are others discussing with you here?

If not, then have you thought about that that might just imply that no one is interested in what BOTH of us have to say here. Or, did you really only think of this in regards to Me only?
ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:43 am
ken wrote:
I am controlling the thoughts within that head which is seeing these writings right NOW
Are you controlling all of the thoughts in every head that is seeing these writings right now
Or are you only controlling some of the thoughts in some of the heads that are seeing them
ALL.

What are the thoughts in that head in regards to your question?
ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:00 am
ken wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
Are you actually able to distinguish the difference between I know nothing and I know some things
No I am not when the difference is so infinitesimal as to be rendered meaningless like in this case
Probabilities of zero can actually exist and this is one such example of where it is definitely true
And so while I know some things I simultaneously know nothing at all and it is not contradictory
Would you like to explain how you can know something and simultaneously know nothing at all?

To Me, something is the opposite of nothing.
surreptitious57

ken wrote:
I will NOT go into how there is no such thing as their minds because you have already
proved how much of an adult you are by how closed you are to looking at this
Why will you not go into it and why is there no such thing as their minds
And what does the term already proved mean in relation to their minds
surreptitious57

ken wrote:
Would you like to explain how you can know something and simultaneously know nothing at all
Can I be expected to explain how I can know something and simultaneously know nothing at all
surreptitious57

ken wrote:
Are you interested in what I say and are others discussing with you here

If not then have you thought about that that might just imply that no one is interested in
what BOTH of us have to say here or did you really only think of this in regards to Me only
Do you not already know the answer to all of these questions
If you do not then why do you not know the answers to them
surreptitious57

ken wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
ken wrote:
What are the thoughts in that head in regards to your question
Do you not already know what all the thoughts in my head are
If you do not already know then why do you not already know
ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:48 am
ken wrote:
I will NOT go into how there is no such thing as their minds because you have already
proved how much of an adult you are by how closed you are to looking at this
Why will you not go into it and why is there no such thing as their minds
I will not go into it because I have tried before to clarify with you what is the 'their', 'my', 'your', or 'our' when used in relation to 'mind', and you have not yet clarified.

Why there is no such thing as 'their minds' is because to Me there is only one Mind.
surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:48 amAnd what does the term already proved mean in relation to their minds
'Already proved' was in relation to you being closed in looking at this subject. 'Already proved' was NOT in relation 'their minds' at all.