Is it possible to convince anyone with the right words?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Is it possible to convince anyone with the right words?

Post by Dontaskme »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:25 am
Dontaskme wrote:
One of the monks replied : From the Buddhist viewpoint everything is an objectification of mind so I would say that the stone is inside my mind
The stone exists outside of his mind so he is wrong about that. The fact that nothing can be perceived without a mind does not mean it is mind dependent as even mind independent objects can only be perceived within the mind. Perceiving anything without a mind is simply not possible
From the stones point of view it doesn't have a position of being either inside or out, since stones don't have minds, but minds do have stones. So there is no weight issue with the stone itself, the issue is solely with the mind.

ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:35 am
ken wrote:
To Me Universe IS ALL THERE IS and Mind IS what allows ALL to be KNOWN
Cannot the Universe be the Mind and the Mind the Universe or must they be separate from each other
How can one thing be another thing?

Would you ask can not the camel be the Universe and the Universe the camel or must they be separate from each other?

The reason there are two different words, with two different definitions, is because every thing that appears as be different and/or separate is given a different and separate label.

The Mind and the Universe are NOT separate from each other, just like a camel and the Universe are not separate.

Did you read the definition I gave for the 'Universe'. If the 'Universe' means ALL-THERE-IS, then every thing or ALL there is IS a part of the Universe. So, contrary to what you asked there is no thing that is nor even could be separate from the Universe.

The Universe is made up of physical things and space. Space being the distance between physical things.
surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:35 amDid the Universe create the Mind or did the Mind create the Universe or did neither create the other
The Universe is in creation, NOW. One thing can NOT create another thing.
surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:35 amCan the Universe make a rock so heavy that the Mind would never know how it could ever be lifted
No.
surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:35 amCan a rock know that the Universe and / or the Mind exists and if so how exactly does it know this
As far as I am aware, a brain is needed in order to know some thing. If a rock can have a working brain, then I guess a rock can know some thing, but I am NOT aware of any rock with a working brain.
surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:35 amCan humans ever know that there is a Mind and if so how exactly can they know this
Yes they can.

They can very easily discover and KNOW this by remaining completely and fully open.
surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:35 amAre you the only human who knows that the Mind exists or do others also know this
You have continually used the terms 'your mind' and 'my mind' et cetera, so do you know the Mind exists? If so, then you already know the answer to your question.

Would you like Me to go around and ask every human being if they know that the Mind exists, so then I could answer your question accurately? If you do, then you might have to wait a little or quite a while, depending on your reference point.
surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:35 amIs human language a problem when it comes to accepting that the Mind exists
Not at all.

Human belief is what stops the learning of, agreeing with, and the acceptance of the one and only Mind.

Just like it was, and still is for some, human belief that is what stops some from the learning of, agreeing with, and the acceptance of the earth revolves around the sun and the earth not being flat after all. Language is not a huge barrier. Belief is the main and biggest barrier to discovering, learning, agreeing with and/or accepting Truth.
surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:35 amIs human thinking a problem when it comes to accepting that the Mind exists

Yes, thinking relates to assuming and believing very closely.

By the way do you accept that a Mind exists?

Is your questioning solely in regards to a Mind existing only, or is your questioning more in relation to how many Minds existing?

If you ask your questions in a very simple, clear, unambiguous and straight forward manner, then it makes giving direct answers to you far easier and simpler.
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

ken wrote:
Would you like Me to go around and ask every human being if they know that the Mind exists
Why would you have to do that if you know of one other human being who also knows it exists
surreptitious57

ken wrote:
Is your questioning solely in regards to a Mind existing only
Is not my questioning in regard to wanting to see your words
ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:33 pm
ken wrote:
Would you like Me to go around and ask every human being if they know that the Mind exists
Why would you have to do that if you know of one
other human being who also knows it exists
Very good point. What I ask does not make any sense in regards to your question.

But did you noticed I have already started. I have already asked you if you are one of those. If you answer My question, then you more than likely have answered your own question.

And, if your answer does not answer your own question, then I will know whether to ask another or not.
ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:39 pm
ken wrote:
Is your questioning solely in regards to a Mind existing only
Is not my questioning in regard to wanting to see your words
I know not to expect any thing, including seeing any words, in regards to My questioning.

My question here was in regards to clarifying if you are asking questions in regards to if a Mind exists or not only, or if there are many minds?
surreptitious57

ken wrote:
I have already asked you if you are one of those
No I am not one of those so my question still stands for were I one then there would have been
no point in me asking the question since I would already know the answer like you already said
surreptitious57

ken wrote:
My question here was in regards to clarifying if you are asking questions in regards to if a Mind exists or not only or if there are many minds
I asked the questions out of genuine curiosity for I really did not know what the answers were going to be and I wanted to know
And so I was not specifically asking them in order to determine the existence of Mind or Minds or minds as interesting as that is
ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:06 am
ken wrote:
No I am not one of those so my question still stands for were I one then there would have been
no point in me asking the question since I would already know the answer like you already said
So, WHY then do you use the terms 'my mind' or 'your mind', and insist that 'mind' pertains to a brain function and specifically the part that is the pre frontal cortex, IF you do not even think that the mind actually exists anyway?
ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:19 am
ken wrote:
My question here was in regards to clarifying if you are asking questions in regards to if a Mind exists or not only or if there are many minds
I asked the questions out of genuine curiosity
I KNOW you did.
surreptitious57 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:19 amfor I really did not know what the answers were going to be and I wanted to know
See the trouble I am having is you were asking if I think the Minds exists, of which I have already given a direct response to. But I am not really sure that this is what you really want to know. I have been continually stating previously the a Mind exists so really there is no way of you confusing this.

What you really want to KNOW is some thing else. But I am NOT here to speak for you.

surreptitious57 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:19 amAnd so I was not specifically asking them in order to determine the existence of Mind or Minds or minds as interesting as that is
If you are not specifically wanting to determine if a Mind or many minds exist, then WHY did you ask the question the way you did?

So, what is the specific question that you want an answer to?
surreptitious57

ken wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
ken wrote:
So WHY then do you use the terms my mind or your mind and insist that mind pertains to a brain function and
specifically the part that is the pre frontal cortex IF you do not even think that the mind actually exists anyway
I have never said that mind does not exist only that Mind does not exist. Mind and mind are not the same. For when you talk about Mind and
I talk about mind we are talking about completely different things. Your Mind pertains to God but my mind pertains to brain function. I have
also noticed you can not differentiate between universe and Universe. They also do not mean the same thing. If these terms are causing you
confusion you can always use other ones instead. They are not causing me confusion but I will use ones of your choosing if you decide on any
surreptitious57

ken wrote:
If you are not specifically wanting to determine if a Mind or many minds exist then WHY did you ask the question the way you did

So what is the specific question that you want an answer to
I have already said that I asked those questions out of genuine curiosity [ which I did ] and as you answered
them to my total satisfaction then there really is nothing more to be said and so I will leave it at that then
ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:44 am
ken wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
So WHY then do you use the terms my mind or your mind and insist that mind pertains to a brain function and
specifically the part that is the pre frontal cortex IF you do not even think that the mind actually exists anyway
I have never said that mind does not exist only that Mind does not exist. Mind and mind are not the same. For when you talk about Mind and
I talk about mind we are talking about completely different things.
So, you already knew what I talk about when I talk about Mind, so you obviously also must of known that I talk about It existing.

Again, WHY the questioning about if I thought Mind existed or not?

To Me, you are just doing what you do a lot of. That is ignoring the actual issue and trying your hardest to divert away from that.
surreptitious57 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:44 am Your Mind pertains to God but my mind pertains to brain function.
The Mind I talk about does not pertain to God only nor in any sense of God that you have. I have mentioned how I use Mind as a term, in the invisible sense, of which some people would use the term God.
surreptitious57 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:44 amThere being only one Mind also very much pertains to human beings, and thus brain function. You have just not shown much interest at all in finding out and discovering My points of views.
You do the very adult human brain function thing of only looking for and finding and seeing things that confirm what you think, assume and/or believe is already true.

The whole reason human beings are so slow to progress with gaining completely new and more thorough knowledge IS because of what you are actually doing. You are proving here just HOW the brain exactly functions, which could lead to human beings complete demise.
surreptitious57 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:44 amI have
also noticed you can not differentiate between universe and Universe.
I can very easily differentiate between the u and the U. But a universe can NOT be within nor a part of the Universe if the word Universe or universe is going to mean ALL-THERE-IS.
surreptitious57 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:44 amThey also do not mean the same thing.
I have asked you previously to explain the difference and what you provided was logically impossible. I have pointed this out to you already, by already showing how illogical it is. Others have shown how it is illogical also. You just refuse to look at what rejects your current point of view.
surreptitious57 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:44 am If these terms are causing you
confusion you can always use other ones instead.
I do use other definitions.

As I have already noted if people are going to express things as being true, then I will ask clarifying questions. If they answer, and those answers do not make sense to Me, then I will continue to clarify, and then if they do not reply or just keep repeating the same things, then that speaks for itself.
surreptitious57 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:44 amThey are not causing me confusion but I will use ones of your choosing if you decide on any
But I have provided definitions already but you refuse to even acknowledge them, by asking clarifying questions and/or challenging them, let alone then using those definitions.

You can just reject My definitions without any response and just keep using your own illogical definitions, but as I say if I want to then I will continue to question you, so that the Truth can be revealed.
ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:54 am
ken wrote:
If you are not specifically wanting to determine if a Mind or many minds exist then WHY did you ask the question the way you did

So what is the specific question that you want an answer to
I have already said that I asked those questions out of genuine curiosity [ which I did ]
AND I have already acknowledged this by already saying, "I KNOW you did".
surreptitious57 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:54 amand as you answered
them to my total satisfaction then there really is nothing more to be said and so I will leave it at that then
So, if you have no further clarifying questions, no thing to challenge, nor any thing to add, then you can leave it at that.

You are also free to keep those views, opinions, assumptions, and preconceptions that you have now and NOT become open to any thing else also.

I am NOT going to force to do or see and understand any thing that you obviously do not want to.
surreptitious57

ken wrote:
I can very easily differentiate between the u and the U. But a universe can NOT be within
nor a part of the Universe if the word Universe or universe is going to mean ALL THERE IS

I have asked you previously to explain the difference and what you provided was logically impossible. I have pointed this out to you already by
already showing how illogical it is. Others have shown how it is illogical also. You just refuse to look at what rejects your current point of view
When both terms are being used by me Universe means ALL THERE IS and universe means local cosmic expanse