The Privatization of War

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: The Privatization of War

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

artisticsolution wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:00 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:37 am
artisticsolution wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:43 am Sadly no, veg. This is what Trump is proposing and no one as of yet has Amy problem with 'war for profit'.

People are so shortsighted in their immorality these days. They have absolutely no idea how many thing could go against their best interest going down this road. Doesn't anyone think 2 chess moves ahead anymore?
You misunderstand me. What the fuck do you think war is about? OMG. No wonder politicians so effortlessly manipulate people.
So taking out Hitler was to take his country's resources, not because of his crime against humanity?
It sure as hell wasn't about any 'crime against humanity'. Churchill and co knew about the concentration camps and massacres long before they claimed they did. And throwing Poland under the bus to suffer under another evil dictator, one who had been murdering millions of his own people for years, was really showing 'compassion' wasn't it? It was about control and how anyone could dare to have the audacity to 'take ownership' of a country without first asking GB. The genocide plan was a side issue that no one particularly gave a shit about, hence the extreme reluctance to take Jewish refugees. And you don't consider the atom bomb a crime against humanity? Oh, hang on, that was the 'goodies' who did that one. Phew! That's so much better.
As an aside, it was the crippling penalties that Germany was forced to pay after WW1 (another bullshit war which was about feuding European royal familes squabbling over power and control, kept going interminably by money-hungry arms manufacturers so eventually no one knew what the fuck it was about) that destroyed its economy and brought about WW11.
Plus, aren't the Germans criticised for believing the crap the Nazis told them? Gosh. Fancy believing the crap politicians feed us.I mean, 'we' would never be that stupid.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

artisticsolution wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:43 am Sadly no, veg. This is what Trump is proposing and no one as of yet has Amy problem with 'war for profit'.

People are so shortsighted in their immorality these days. They have absolutely no idea how many thing could go against their best interest going down this road. Doesn't anyone think 2 chess moves ahead anymore?
You misunderstand me. What the fuck do you think war is about? OMG. No wonder politicians so effortlessly manipulate people.
So taking out Hitler was to take his country's resources, not because of his crime against humanity?
Typical of VT's statements. She will clutch at straws to try to make a point. With her I just change the channel when her garbage program starts running.

PhilX 🇺🇸
vegetariantaxidermy

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:59 am

Typical of VT's statements. She will clutch at straws to try to make a point. With her I just change the channel when her garbage program starts running.

PeniX ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:18 am

PeniX ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Typical of VT's immaturity making funny pictures instead of putting up logical supporting statements. So PeniVT has missed the mark again. (btw I now know which country she's from which is part of my "secret files" on her). Time to change the channel.

PhilX 🇺🇸
vegetariantaxidermy

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:30 am

PeniX ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Typical of VT's immaturity making funny pictures instead of putting up logical supporting statements. So PeniVT has missed the mark again. (btw I now know which country she's from which is part of my "secret files" on her). Time to change the channel.

PhilX 🇺🇸
You haven't offered any argument so there's nothing to 'support'. You really are a tragic little cold-call person. Talk about scraping the barrel. So that's why you are up all night. Phoning people. Do you think they like getting woken up in the middle of the night by you trying to sell them Reader's Digest subscriptions and encyclopaedias?
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:13 am

PhilX 🇺🇸
You haven't offered any argument so there's nothing to 'support'. You really are a tragic little cold-call person. Talk about scraping the barrel. So that's why you are up all night. Phoning people. Do you think they like getting woken up in the middle of the night by you trying to sell them Reader's Digest subscriptions and encyclopaedias?
You're a lightweight when it comes to philosophy. Oh so now I'm a "cold-call person". :lol: You wish you had my tragedy.

I don't call people anymore (nor do they call me). And you're a moron for assuming I call up people in the middle of the night (which is against the law btw).

So tell me something useful you've done during your lifetime (besides making crummy hamburgers). :lol:

PhilX 🇺🇸
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

PeniX ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

PhilX 🇺🇸
You really must award points for the fine work VT did there.

But if you really must fire back, "PeniVT" is pathetically lame, it shows you have no creativity.
Surely you can work out something starting with Vag if you squeeze hard and really really try?
⤜( ⌐■ ╭∩╮ ■ )⤏
Philosophy Explorer

FlashDangerpants wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:44 am

PhilX 🇺🇸
You really must award points for the fine work VT did there.

But if you really must fire back, "PeniVT" is pathetically lame, it shows you have no creativity.
Surely you can work out something starting with Vag if you squeeze hard and really really try?
⤜( ⌐■ ╭∩╮ ■ )⤏
PeniVT wasn't meant to be creative. It was meant to communicate with her on a level she can understand (btw was Vag meant to be a reference to vagina?)

PhilX 🇺🇸
vegetariantaxidermy

So lame I didn't even notice it :lol:
Poor PE. The retired cold-caller. Sold his last RD subscription 25 years ago. Never made above 25 cents an hour. :cry:
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:56 am So lame I didn't even notice it :lol:
Poor PE. The retired cold-caller. Sold his last RD subscription 25 years ago. Never made above 25 cents an hour. :cry:
More lies from the moron of lying. Now go back to making your crummy hamburgers. :lol:

PhilX 🇺🇸
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:59 am More lies from the moron of lying
artisticsolution

Post by artisticsolution »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:39 am

It sure as hell wasn't about any 'crime against humanity'. Churchill and co knew about the concentration camps and massacres long before they claimed they did. And throwing Poland under the bus to suffer under another evil dictator, one who had been murdering millions of his own people for years, was really showing 'compassion' wasn't it? It was about control and how anyone could dare to have the audacity to 'take ownership' of a country without first asking GB. The genocide plan was a side issue that no one particularly gave a shit about, hence the extreme reluctance to take Jewish refugees. And you don't consider the atom bomb a crime against humanity? Oh, hang on, that was the 'goodies' who did that one. Phew! That's so much better.
As an aside, it was the crippling penalties that Germany was forced to pay after WW1 (another bullshit war which was about feuding European royal familes squabbling over power and control, kept going interminably by money-hungry arms manufacturers so eventually no one knew what the fuck it was about) that destroyed its economy and brought about WW11.
Plus, aren't the Germans criticised for believing the crap the Nazis told them? Gosh. Fancy believing the crap politicians feed us.I mean, 'we' would never be that stupid.
What does this rant have to do with privatization of war? Your cynical nature make you incoherent at times.
artisticsolution

Post by artisticsolution »

Walker wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:44 am
artisticsolution wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:26 am
Walker wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:43 pm
That’s right. Harvesting the natural resources that lay fallow is the reason to be there. Rare metals are required for the digital age. The rapists are Microsoft, Apple, Facebook, and those associated, including those sucking up government research contracts, those who cannot live without their digital devices such as handheld communicators, and all participants on this site.

Gubberment dances to the tune of business and the desires that drive business.

“The War is Worth Waging”: Afghanistan’s Vast Reserves of Minerals and Natural Gas
http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-war-is ... -gas/19769

Feel free to denounce the reality based on some arbitrary idealized notion of a perfect world that is otherwise than what is.
Are we living in dystopia? I think you need a reality check on a relatively peaceful world we live in now. Are you prepared for what you condone? I don't think so.

I think you romanticize war...like boys are wont to do. You don't actually stop to think of the truth of your folly...
Bizarro World is the prescient term that encompasses more of the reality than dystopia.

Why else would sanity go to where the goats are cute?
So you are saying privatization of War brings us into 'bizarro world'?
Philosophy Explorer

artisticsolution wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:19 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:39 am

What does this rant have to do with privatization of war? Your cynical nature make you incoherent at times.
She loves to go off-topic. Par for the course.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

artisticsolution wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:39 pm Not sure exactly what this means. How would private companies make money? By raping the war torn land of its resources? If so, isn't this a backhanded way of countries to invade other countries and steal?
Governments simply pay private companies to not only supply arms but organise armies too.
The armies of ancient Rome were all privately organised and not directly mandated by the Senate, thought Caesar was under the lex Romana, he was able to cross the Rubicon despite their injunction to do otherwise.
That's the end game when armies are privately run - coups.