Why Has The Everything Thread Been Deleted

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Arising_uk

Re: Why Has The Everything Thread Been Deleted

Post by Arising_uk »

Dontaskme wrote:There is only knowing. ...
Then how do you not know?
Knowing is not known by a ''someone''. ...
Of course it is, I know lots of things and I am a someone.
You are the knowing that cannot be known. ...
And yet you say I am this 'one' that knows itself?
Knower knowing known are one. ...
Nah! Knowing is a knower who has known something.
Everything shares the same one knowing capacity. ...
Make-believe.
And ''thing'' aka objects, concepts, don't know, they are not the knowers, ...
Depends which things or objects you are talking about but concepts certainly don't know things as they are things that knowers come up with.
they are already known by the not-known.
You said there was only knowing?
Confusing isn't it?
Well it's certainly a muddle.
But not to one who has studied nondual philosophy which is what I've been doing all my life. ...
I thought you said that it was new?
It's like having to think and see backwards into the mirror and not at what the mirror is reflecting. ...
So gibberish then.
Well there is only one place. It's not even a place. Where is 100 miles south of the earth?
100 miles above the South Pole.
Am that as well.
No wonder you're confused.
Walker

Post by Walker »

ken wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:05 am
Walker wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:47 am
ken wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:20 am

The supporting data is directly in dontaskme's quote.

Stating, "No one knows the truth, " is affirming no one knows the truth. And stating, "and that not knowing is the only truth" is stipulating that 'that supposed only truth' is a truth, which dontaskme DOES know.

The obvious contradiction, I hope, can be seen and does not need to be further supported.
Love says 'I am everything.'

Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows.

- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
Why did you put that here for?

Can you elaborate on that and explain in detail what that is actually meant to mean?
Sure, but I won't get a cookie.

Everything is everything perceived, including thoughts. Dualism.
Nothing is shunyata, when identity is not. Non-dualism.

His reasoning that concludes love and wisdom follows from this.

“Love is the meaning and purpose of duality.”
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:01 am
Dontaskme wrote:There is only knowing. ...
Then how do you not know?
Knowing is not known by a ''someone''. ...
Of course it is, I know lots of things and I am a someone.
You are the knowing that cannot be known. ...
And yet you say I am this 'one' that knows itself?
Knower knowing known are one. ...
Nah! Knowing is a knower who has known something.
Everything shares the same one knowing capacity. ...
Make-believe.
And ''thing'' aka objects, concepts, don't know, they are not the knowers, ...
Depends which things or objects you are talking about but concepts certainly don't know things as they are things that knowers come up with.
they are already known by the not-known.
You said there was only knowing?
Confusing isn't it?
Well it's certainly a muddle.
But not to one who has studied nondual philosophy which is what I've been doing all my life. ...
I thought you said that it was new?
It's like having to think and see backwards into the mirror and not at what the mirror is reflecting. ...
So gibberish then.
Well there is only one place. It's not even a place. Where is 100 miles south of the earth?
100 miles above the South Pole.
Am that as well.
No wonder you're confused.
All you're replies are also true in the context of illusory spacetime cause and effect duality.

But in the real word, none of what you've stated is true.

ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:41 am
ken wrote:
ken wrote:
Who says that the Universe and God are NOT One and the same
Does the word Universe and the word God mean the same then

How do you know that the Universe is not a conscious entity
Where exactly would one find this so called conscious entity

Have you ever wondered how the conscious entities within the Universe got their consciousness
The natural order required for consciousness is physics followed by chemistry followed by biology
First off did you notice you did NOT answer the actual questions I posed for clarity? You answered what you THOUGHT I was asking you
I definitely did not answer the questions you were asking for the first two. But I was aware that those answers were not what you asked
Sometimes I do that.
Okay, fair enough. Some times you will just randomly write answers that were not at all asked for.

I will try to remember that when I am reading your replies.
surreptitious57 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:41 amSo you are completely wrong to think I only answered what I thought you were asking because that is just not true
Okay, noted.

Again, I assumed, and again assumed totally wrongly. Just more proof of WHY it is much better to never assume. Although I try not to ever assume and I certainly do not want to ever assume, I still fall back on old habits, and very bad ones at that. Also, noted is My WRONG assumption.

Would I be pushing My curiosity to far, and/or to personal, to now ask why then do you reply to questions with answers that were not asked?
ken

Post by ken »

Walker wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:31 am
ken wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:05 am
Walker wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:47 am

Love says 'I am everything.'

Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows.

Why did you put that here for?

Can you elaborate on that and explain in detail what that is actually meant to mean?
Sure, but I won't get a cookie.
Why will you not get a cookie?
Walker wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:31 amEverything is everything perceived, including thoughts. Dualism.
Is not everything, everything? And, what is perceived IS what is perceived?

What is perceived is every thing that is perceived, but what is perceived might not be everything. Everything might be bigger and/or more than only every thing perceived. To perceive a species that can perceive is needed, and, a species that can perceive might not be able to perceive everything. So, everything might be more then everything perceived. Therefore, everything is NOT necessarily every thing perceived.

Walker wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:31 amNothing is shunyata, when identity is not. Non-dualism.
What is shunyata?

To Me, nothing is no thing.
Walker wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:31 amHis reasoning that concludes love and wisdom follows from this.
Does 'his' refer to shunyata? And, if shunyata is nothing, then how and why is nothing gendered?
Walker wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:31 am“Love is the meaning and purpose of duality.”
Could you, in your own words, elaborate and/or explain in detail what this is meant to mean?

There is no way of deciphering if what is being said here is true, right, and/or correct, or not. For example if nothing can become some thing, like 'shunyata' for example, then how did nothing become some thing? Or does the word 'shunyata' just mean nothing, in another language? If it does, then why use another language in an english speaking forum? More and more questions seem to come to light when people try to speak from other people's mouths instead of just using their own mouth to say what it is that they want to say and present.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

ken wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:48 pm
There is no way of deciphering if what is being said here is true, right, and/or correct, or not. For example if nothing can become some thing, like 'shunyata' for example, then how did nothing become some thing? Or does the word 'shunyata' just mean nothing, in another language? If it does, then why use another language in an english speaking forum? More and more questions seem to come to light when people try to speak from other people's mouths instead of just using their own mouth to say what it is that they want to say and present.

I think you have a problem here Ken, because things can mean what ever no thing (you) wants things to mean.

No thing can be true or false. All perception is open to interpretation of the perceiver.

What if someone doesn't understand the English language, say they spoke a foreign language only such as Japanese.

How then are we ever going to all understand each other when people are only being their genuine selves... people who usually do speak from their own native tongue, so I don't know where you get the idea they don't from.

How are we ever going to understand each other from that point I've put forward?

Talking with someone who speaks a foreign language we are not familiar with ...and then expecting to understand each other would be like talking to a Dog, all the Dog would hear is this ... :arrow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZLEYjVFsNI

The problem with YOUR IDEOLOGY Ken, is that there's just going to be sooooooo much MISSING DATA :shock:

So what the heck does all this matter so much to you?

ken

Post by ken »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:33 pm
ken wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:48 pm

I think you have a problem here Ken, because things can mean what ever no thing (you) wants things to mean.
Again, dontaskme is starting with 'you' being no thing. And again, how is dontaskme no thing?
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:33 pmNo thing can be true or false.
While every thing is in agreement about some thing being true or false, then there obviously can not be any thing else other than true or false in relation to that some thing.
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:33 pmAll perception is open to interpretation of the perceiver.
As I have said many times before, 'Everything is relative to the observer'. It ALL depends on the observer.

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:33 pmWhat if someone doesn't understand the English language, say they spoke a foreign language only such as Japanese.

How then are we ever going to all understand each other when people are only being their genuine selves... people who usually do speak from their own native tongue, so I don't know where you get the idea they don't from.
Once again dontaskme has completely and utterly misconstrued what I have actually written and said.
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:33 pmHow are we ever going to understand each other from that point I've put forward?
The same way ALL new born human babies come to understand others, who obviously speak a completely "foreign" language that they/we are/were not familiar with. We learn, and then we teach.

In a very simplified form of language; To learn is to listen. To teach is to speak. And, to learn, and then teach successfully, is to ALWAYS remain open and listening.

How did dontaskme think they came to understand others?
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:33 pmTalking with someone who speaks a foreign language we are not familiar with ...and then expecting to understand each other would be like talking to a Dog, all the Dog would hear is this ... :arrow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZLEYjVFsNI

The problem with YOUR IDEOLOGY Ken, is that there's just going to be sooooooo much MISSING DATA :shock:
To dontaskme, what is My supposed ideology?
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:33 pmSo what the heck does all this matter so much to you?

What the heck does WHAT EXACTLY matter so much to Me?

I am just here, in this forum, to learn how to express My Self better.

If dontaskme is wondering about WHY what "this", what I have set out to achieve, matters so much to Me, is because I want to see ALL of My children living in peace and harmony together with none of them being harmed nor damaged in any way whatsoever.

If you really want to know what that actually means, then you will just ask for clarification, from a truly open perspective. Or, you could just do what you have been doing all along here and just keep assuming and believing things, and jumping to wrong conclusions before you ask truly open questions.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Bored of the Ken channel.

Switching off the Ken channel over to a new channel.

To my channel. Ah, that's better.

Good bye Ken channel.

The only way conversations like these ever end is when someone ends it.

The end.

And what a lovely story it was/n't

Walker

Post by Walker »

ken wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:48 pm What is shunyata?

Walker wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:31 amHis reasoning that concludes love and wisdom follows from this.
Does 'his' refer to shunyata? And, if shunyata is nothing, then how and why is nothing gendered?
Walker wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:31 am“Love is the meaning and purpose of duality.”
Could you, in your own words, elaborate and/or explain in detail what this is meant to mean?

Sure I could, but I won't. Neither will I explain why.

One blow to a wise horse, one word to a wise man.
ken

Post by ken »

Walker wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:41 pm
ken wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:48 pm What is shunyata?

Sure I could,

Thanks for answering THIS question. But notice you did/could not answer the other questions.
Walker wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:41 pm but I won't.

Did you read the question? I did not want you to. I have already got what I wanted
Walker wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:41 pmNeither will I explain why.

You do not have to. I have no interest.

But I find it amusing that you spend more time elaborating on and explaining your own very easily understood and simple answer, then you do on trying to elaborate and/or explain on those words you have just repeated from others.

The reason why can be easily noticed, seen, and understood.
Walker wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:41 pmOne blow to a wise horse, one word to a wise man.
Are these 'your' very own words?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dontaskme wrote:
All you're replies are also true in the context of illusory spacetime cause and effect duality. ...
I don't think Phenomena illusions.
And in reality the Noumena is unknowable so this 'real world(I think you meant) is make-believe upon your part.
Last edited by Arising_uk on Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

All you're replies are also true in the context of illusory spacetime cause and effect duality. ...
Arising_uk wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:42 amI don't think Phenomena illusions.
But you think right? we all think, but what we think, and what we believe about those thoughts is private to our own set of belief systems we got going on in our private headspace, we all perceive our own unique worlds... Albeit illusory...since no ''thing'' is doing this, it's just being done energetically. Everything being made of the same energy which is everything and not a thing.

I say illusory for my own personal way I perceive reality.
Arising_uk wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:42 amAnd in reality the Noumena is unknowable so this 'real world(I think you meant) is make-believe upon your part.
I believe the real world is the world how it is before human perception and their language is superimposed upon it.Where existence is timeless, unknown, acausal, and unborn.

The real world is unknown, not unknowable, there is a difference here, unknown means it is, but it's not known what it is. Unknowable means it can never be known, but that's not entirely true since language superimposes a knowledge known upon it, hence the unknown becomes the known...albeit illusory, since anything known about existence is already all inclusive of this unknown acausal unborn timeless reality...it's like an illusion knowing it is an illusion.

Don't know how an illusion can know it is an illusion happens, but it does apparently. And that's what makes this great world such a mystery.

It is a mystery, but it's a no mystery, because it is. There's just no data on what it is, or why it is. It just is.

surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

ken wrote:
Would I be pushing My curiosity too far and / or too personal to now ask why then do you reply to questions with answers that were not asked
One tries to keep them as relevant as possible although there may sometimes be deviation from the actual question or questions being asked. My
answers however are not random as you have claimed. Because this would pertain to absolutely any answer been given. Since a random outcome
is not one that can be predicted in advance. Your mind [ represented upon the forum as your words ] is more linguistically rigid than mine so will
not freely accept answers [ that is by not commenting on them ] that do not precisely answer the question or questions being asked of me by you
But if however you do not assume that precise and only precise answers will always be given to your questions [ as your words on this very clearly
demonstrate ] then why was your curiosity aroused on this particular occasion. And interestingly my own curiosity has led me to ask that question
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

ken wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:28 pmI am just here, in this forum, to learn how to express My Self better.
Why does Me Self feel the need to express My Self better?
ken wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:28 pmIf dontaskme is wondering about WHY what "this", what I have set out to achieve, matters so much to Me, is because I want to see ALL of My children living in peace and harmony together with none of them being harmed nor damaged in any way whatsoever.
Are you living in peace and harmony right now?

Or are you dependant on other people to fix that for you?

surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

ken wrote:
I am just here in this forum to learn how to express My Self better
And have you learned how to express yourself better since you joined the forum
And do you think that would be possible in any other way or is that the only way