For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

MozartLink

Re: Important notice to everyone

Post by MozartLink »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:18 pm
MozartLink wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:29 pm
Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:26 pm

So good feelings and moods are not good because we perceive them to be good? Good feelings are just a way of telling us that certain things are good? Like how Pol Pot gets a good feeling about communism?
Exactly.
So communism is of good value/worth.
Only to the individual who feels good from that. As for someone who feels bad from that, it would be of bad value to that individual.
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

MozartLink wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:51 pm
MozartLink wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:29 pm

Exactly.
Only to the individual who feels good from that. As for someone who feels bad from that, it would be of bad value to that individual.
So how do we get an objective measurement of what is good and what is bad? Or we can't?
MozartLink

Post by MozartLink »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:55 am
MozartLink wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:51 pm
So how do we get an objective measurement of what is good and what is bad? Or we can't?
I think there are abstract values out there. For example, there could be things in this world that are objectively good and bad. However, in order for these things to actually be good or bad to you, then you would have to experience a good or bad mood/feeling.
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

MozartLink wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:02 amI think there are abstract values out there. For example, there could be things in this world that are objectively good and bad.
What determines what is objectively good and bad?
MozartLink

Post by MozartLink »

I have written an entire essay that explains my whole philosophy for others to gain insight to such as therapists and mental health professionals as well as philosophers. It perfectly explains everything when it comes to my philosophy. Would you like to read it? It is very long and I will give you and others all the time in the world to fully read it and to give a full response to it.