Who Suffers With Me?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

RogerFarinha

Who Suffers With Me?

Post by RogerFarinha »

Anyone else here has always felt the rotten burden of existential darkness which wraps around our walking human corpses like so much sticky putrefaction?

My soul, if there is any such thing, winces and writhes in my shell of flesh, which breaks down in sickness and threatens my whole notion of existence, physical "life."

What cruel accident of reality gave minds to slithering mindless worms? Wouldn't we have been better off with simple right verses left directional and forward verses avoidance instincts? Wouldn't the ideas of happiness, joy, love, knowledge, nobility, all not have been better off working through our center guts like half-digested leaves, to be excreted in as common as way as fitting their attainability?
HexHammer

Re: Who Suffers With Me?

Post by HexHammer »

You are too easily manipulated by your feelings and does not possess the mental strength, you must empower yourself to stand above your feelings and enjoy life!
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

RogerFarinha wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:18 pm Anyone else here has always felt the rotten burden of existential darkness which wraps around our walking human corpses like so much sticky putrefaction?
I sometimes wake up feeling a bit down in the dumps but it seems to wear off after a while and I occasionally wake up a bit sweaty but never wrapped in sticky putrefaction.
My soul, if there is any such thing, winces and writhes in my shell of flesh, which breaks down in sickness
Try cutting gluten from your diet for a while, it sounds like you've got some sort of food intolerance. Although I suppose it could be secular intolerance.
What cruel accident of reality gave minds to slithering mindless worms? Wouldn't we have been better off with simple right verses left directional and forward verses avoidance instincts? Wouldn't the ideas of happiness, joy, love, knowledge, nobility, all not have been better off working through our center guts like half-digested leaves, to be excreted in as common as way as fitting their attainability?
My word, you are in a negative mood.
RogerFarinha

Post by RogerFarinha »

Harbal wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:17 pm My word, you are in a negative mood.
Maybe my soul is just finally waking up to this eternal chain of reincarnation which is nevertheless a bottomless pit of death, inasmuch as, like Sisyphus who must roll the bolder up the mountain forever, we keep pursuing happiness and diversion, life after each "fresh" life, only to find true happiness and inner vitality (spiritual life), nonexistent.

Wo is me, and wo is you, although you don't yet recognize it. Wo is us all!

Where is our salvation? Where is the rail for us to grab, against the torrent!?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

RogerFarinha wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:19 pm
Maybe my soul is just finally waking up to this eternal chain of reincarnation which is nevertheless a bottomless pit of death, inasmuch as, like Sisyphus who must roll the bolder up the mountain forever, we keep pursuing happiness and diversion, life after each "fresh" life, only to find true happiness and inner vitality (spiritual life), nonexistent.

Wo is me, and wo is you, although you don't yet recognize it. Wo is us all!

Where is our salvation? Where is the rail for us to grab, against the torrent!?
Cheer up, it may never happen. :D See? It's not getting me down.
RogerFarinha

Post by RogerFarinha »

Zarathustra said: "I am a railing alongside the torrent; whoever is able to grasp me may grasp me!"

Yet Zarathustra was the endless, putrefying cycle of life and death INCARNATE, so that in grasping him one only finally embraces the torrent, and in that acceptance, decides to transcend both good and evil, making oneself the god of one's chosen direction, and a god among other similar gods, of supermen.

Is this our only salvation? To run about like Nazi gods, like sainted gods, like furious buzzing gods of all kinds who know no law, who bow to no established order, no right or wrong, no greater good?