Secular Intolerance

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Nick_A

Re: Secular Intolerance

Post by Nick_A »

Arising_uk wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:50 am
Nick_A wrote:A disciple of the Great beast growls. But as usual, these growls contain no logic,just mindless condemnation.
Marxist to the core eh!

Given that you continually ignore that your definition of secularism and it's application is illogical and incorrect and based purely upon your own wish to impose your religious dogma upon the youth I think there not much point in doing other than condemning you for wanting to waste other tax-payers monies nor in pointing-out that those who misrepresent Einstein's life and use selective quotes from him upon the weeb are generally the loons whom he would decry if he was alive.
You must be taking lessons from Greta. How can you write so many inaccuracies with so much emotional intensity giving the impression of righteous indignation? You've learned your lessons well.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Nick_A wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:18 amNo, you oppose the need of those like Einstein and Simone to experience beyond the confines of the cave

Compare what Einstein wrote with what Simone wrote

... Both knew that secular idolatry represented here by you was insufficient for their calling to truth. Those like you would seek to crush them in order to make them normal for cave life. I choose to support those who respect and support their need as developing human beings.
Give it a rest, Nick. It's over. Now you are just repeating and gabbling. The reason you receive no respect is that you do not give it. Rather, you recklessly judge almost everyone as not living up to your standards.

Yet, your standards include thinking it was fine for Trump to grab women by the labia in public.

Then there's silly bullshit epithets like "secular idolatory" ... oh my stars, please take your hand off it, Nicholas!

Thing is, I expect that anyone reading this thread would be grateful not to be living in as deep a cave as you. You remind me of Vorbis from Terry Pratchett's Small Gods:
“You never heard Om,” said Brutha. “You never believed. You never, ever heard his voice. All you heard were the echoes inside your own mind.”
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Nick_A wrote:You must be taking lessons from Greta. How can you write so many inaccuracies with so much emotional intensity giving the impression of righteous indignation? You've learned your lessons well.
If you think I'm emotional about what you say you overestimate your thoughts.

Regarding these inaccuracies, can you say what they are? As I dislike being inaccurate.

By-the-by what is your response to the fact that Einstein went back to school, went to a Polytechnic and spent most of his life teaching in academia?
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Nick_A wrote:
You must be taking lessons from Greta. How can you write so many inaccuracies with so much emotional intensity giving the impression of righteous indignation? You've learned your lessons well.
Your opposition who, as you say it , "take lessons from Greta" have learned from the secular culture which you despise. The secular culture is imperfect. If you could suggest specific and practicable remedies these would be welcomed . When I say this I am not inviting more of your metaphysical explanations because you are biased by some load of something or other which was not there when you were born and you were not born as a little gnostic baby.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Belinda wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:25 am Nick_A wrote:
Your opposition who, as you say it , "take lessons from Greta" have learned from the secular culture which you despise. The secular culture is imperfect. If you could suggest specific and practicable remedies these would be welcomed . When I say this I am not inviting more of your metaphysical explanations because you are biased by some load of something or other which was not there when you were born and you were not born as a little gnostic baby.
I don’t despise secular culture. Secular culture is the result of the human condition, of being spiritually asleep in Plato’s cave. It is unfortunate. Why hate it? This is insulting so the advocates of the supremacy of secular culture despise me.
John 15: 18 “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.
I support the essence of Christianity so am getting the expected reaction. I’m just a regular guy. I can imagine what the very gifted must go through until they feel with their conscience what it means and move beyond prideful reaction.

I will be posting Einstein’s letter I previously posted the first paragraph from in a separate thread called “Einstein and the Cosmic Man.” Those like Greta are intimidating secular influences and by offering the beginnings of potential solutions in this way will allow others who don’t usually post but are sensitive to these qualities of ideas to express them. It is one thing to curse me out but how does one curse out Einstein?
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Nick wrote:
I don’t despise secular culture.
Good.

"The essence of Christianity " . What is this?
You are not " a regular guy", as you blotted your copy book with your dirty minded sexual comments. You should apologise for those and show some remorse. We all make mistakes but fortunately we can correct some of them.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Arising_uk wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:29 am
Nick_A wrote:You must be taking lessons from Greta. How can you write so many inaccuracies with so much emotional intensity giving the impression of righteous indignation? You've learned your lessons well.
If you think I'm emotional about what you say you overestimate your thoughts.

Regarding these inaccuracies, can you say what they are? As I dislike being inaccurate.

By-the-by what is your response to the fact that Einstein went back to school, went to a Polytechnic and spent most of his life teaching in academia?
It's not a matter of finding inaccuracies but of finding one accuracy. The fact that Einstein was repulsed by school isn't the fault of the concept of Plato's Academy. It was that the institution he was trapped in was governed by a secular mentality attacking something spiritual within him. When he began to teach he didn't imitate the spirit killers.
“I never teach my pupils, I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn.” Einstein
A repulsive idea for the effort at indoctrination and will provoke strong expressions of secular intolerance if attempts to pervert the idea are unsuccessful
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Belinda wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:55 pm Nick wrote:
I don’t despise secular culture.
Good.

"The essence of Christianity " . What is this?
You are not " a regular guy", as you blotted your copy book with your dirty minded sexual comments. You should apologise for those and show some remorse. We all make mistakes but fortunately we can correct some of them.
The essence of Christianity is rebirth.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Rebirth of what?
I can interpret "The essence of Christianity is rebirth" in my own peculiar way but this may not be your interpretation, or indeed anybody else's interpretation.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Belinda wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:33 pm Rebirth of what?
I can interpret "The essence of Christianity is rebirth" in my own peculiar way but this may not be your interpretation, or indeed anybody else's interpretation.
Secular interpretations are all interpretations. When a person experiences rebirth, it isn't an interpretation, it is an experience.
Matthew 18: At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who, then, is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”
2 He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. 3 And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.

2 Corinthians 6 So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ,the new creation has come:[a] The old has gone, the new is here!
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:48 am
davidm wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:18 am More awesome sex ed from Norway. 8)

This is broadcast on state TV, btw, and aimed at 8-year-olds.

Oh, to live in a civilized nation instead of the U.S.A.!
If a kid in a class of eight year-olds participating in a secular sex education class in NY were to ask their educator if they like the video, how would they respond?
Why do you ask?
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:26 pm
davidm wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:18 am More awesome sex ed from Norway. 8)

This is broadcast on state TV, btw, and aimed at 8-year-olds.

Oh, to live in a civilized nation instead of the U.S.A.!
If a kid in a class of eight year-olds participating in a secular sex education class in NY were to ask their educator if they like the video, how would they respond?
Why do you ask?
To demonstrate the ignorance of those teaching sex education.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Nick_A wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:35 pm
So how come it didn't demonstrate it?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Nick_A wrote:It's not a matter of finding inaccuracies but of finding one accuracy. ...
I find it accurate that you behave like a marxist when your dogma is challenged. I find it accurate that you wish to bring back your personal religious indoctrination into education. I find it accurate that you wish others to pay for this from their taxes, etc, etc.
The fact that Einstein was repulsed by school isn't the fault of the concept of Plato's Academy. It was that the institution he was trapped in was governed by a secular mentality attacking something spiritual within him. When he began to teach he didn't imitate the spirit killers. ...
That's exactly what he did as he taught Physics. His complaint was about the rote pedagogy of the schools at that time, not that they weren't teaching religious metaphysics.
A repulsive idea for the effort at indoctrination and will provoke strong expressions of secular intolerance if attempts to pervert the idea are unsuccessful.
Untrue, in fact what he proposes is exactly the approach that is being taught in our schools nowadays(maybe not in yours but that's the religious USA for you). What you will find however is that he also taught his subject and that would not involve any of your religious metaphysics.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Nick_A wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:35 pm
Hobbes' Choice wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:26 pm

Why do you ask?
I don't understand where you are coming from here. How would they respond, do you think?