Secular Intolerance

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greta

Re: Secular Intolerance

Post by Greta »

Dubious wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:34 amHe's big part of the swamp that has to be drained.
Exactly.

Trump is an outsider because he is a parasite. His history is not one marked by philanthropy and cooperation but lies, ripoff deals, bankruptcies (that cost the small investors he claims to represent dearly), environmental degradation, and use of his money and the court system to avoid accountability with massive counter suits.

But Nick doesn't mind, probably because Trump shares his attitudes in objectifying women (aside from "saints" like Simone Weil).

Note that he won't judge Trump for grabbing women by the crotch. Nick sees us as lesser beings, hence his objectifying belief that men should be able to control women's bodies by denying them abortions.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Nick_A wrote: I’ve posted the definition of my use of the word secular before. I’ll do it again:
adjective
1. 1.
denoting attitudes, activities, or other things that have no religious or spiritual basis.
"secular buildings"
As will I.

secularism
ˈsɛkjələrɪz(ə)m/Submit
noun
noun: secularism
the principle of separation of the state from religious institutions.
"he believes that secularism means no discrimination against anybody in the name of religion"
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Arising_uk wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:14 am
Nick_A wrote: I’ve posted the definition of my use of the word secular before. I’ll do it again:
adjective
1. 1.
denoting attitudes, activities, or other things that have no religious or spiritual basis.
"secular buildings"
As will I.

secularism
ˈsɛkjələrɪz(ə)m/Submit
noun
"he believes that secularism means no discrimination against anybody in the name of religion"
I posted the definition of secular and you responded with a definion of seculrism. Now I'll provide the definition of secularism from dictionary.com

noun
secular spirit or tendency, especially a system of political or social philosophy that rejects all forms of religious faith and worship.
the view that public education and other matters of civil policy should be conducted without the introduction of a religious element.
So however you approach it, secularism rejects all forms of religious faith and worship. Secular intolerance is simply the emotional expression of the believed superiority of this mindset.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Nick_A wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:58 am I’ve posted the definition of my use of the word secular before. I’ll do it again:
adjective
1. 1.
"secular buildings"
Secular intolerance is an attitude having the connotation of superiority with the implication that there is something wrong or naive with the pursuit of what religion offers You don’t think that these attitudes directed at the young won’t lead to metaphysical repression?
...your "connotation" of secular. Its denotation is decidedly different neither including or excluding whatever people prefer to believe. No it won't lead to "metaphysical repression" in anyone since they are free at any time, usually a little later in life, to discover such experiences for themselves.

The secular, per se, is neutral without concern of that which argues for or against. You're free to keep on proclaiming your views no matter how ludicrous not only because it's allowed by the secular but more so it being completely uninvolved with any such biases. Most apparent is the fact that your reflections of reality denote you as one of Plato's prisoners who are seemingly without means of turning their heads to see what's actually casting the shadows in front of them. Metaphysical repression refers to those who can't glance backwards to see what lies at the root of their projections. You are merely one of many such examples.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Greta wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:12 am
Dubious wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:34 amHe's big part of the swamp that has to be drained.
Exactly.

Trump is an outsider because he is a parasite. His history is not one marked by philanthropy and cooperation but lies, ripoff deals, bankruptcies (that cost the small investors he claims to represent dearly), environmental degradation, and use of his money and the court system to avoid accountability with massive counter suits.

But Nick doesn't mind, probably because Trump shares his attitudes in objectifying women (aside from "saints" like Simone Weil).

Note that he won't judge Trump for grabbing women by the crotch. Nick sees us as lesser beings, hence his objectifying belief that men should be able to control women's bodies by denying them abortions.
Crotch grabbing and behind pinching are not the same. If a man walks by a woman with an attractive behind bending over a table and doesn't pinch it is an insult. If the matter went to court the woman would bend over the table and the lawyer would ask the jury if they have any doubt that a thing of such beauty will provoke temporary insanity leading to an uncontrollable well placed pinch. The jury would agree and the case would be dismissed.
davidm

Post by davidm »

Nick_A wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:59 am
Arising_uk wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:14 am
As will I.

secularism
ˈsɛkjələrɪz(ə)m/Submit
noun
I posted the definition of secular and you responded with a definion of seculrism. Now I'll provide the definition of secularism from dictionary.com

noun
secular spirit or tendency, especially a system of political or social philosophy that rejects all forms of religious faith and worship.
the view that public education and other matters of civil policy should be conducted without the introduction of a religious element.
So however you approach it, secularism rejects all forms of religious faith and worship. Secular intolerance is simply the emotional expression of the believed superiority of this mindset.
No, it doesn't, Nick. Strange that an enlightened soul like you should lie so much. Secularism means the separation of church and state, with an eye toward the protection of religious beliefs from state interference.
Last edited by davidm on Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
davidm

Post by davidm »

Nick_A wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:09 am
Exactly.

Crotch grabbing and behind pinching are not the same. If a man walks by a woman with an attractive behind bending over a table and doesn't pinch it is an insult. If the matter went to court the woman would bend over the table and the lawyer would ask the jury if they have any doubt that a thing of such beauty will provoke temporary insanity leading to an uncontrollable well placed pinch. The jury would agree and the case would be dismissed.
I must assume -- hope -- that is is a pallid attempt at humor on your part?
Greta

Post by Greta »

Nick_A wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:09 am
Exactly.

Crotch grabbing and behind pinching are not the same.
No, they are not the same. Trump grabs "'em by the pussy" - that's okay, right? So if he grabbed your penis in public, you'd be okay with that too?

I take it that the high number of women in teaching is an important part of secularism's influence (aka the Great Beast) that you detest so heartily. We can't have women influencing actual humans beings now, can we?

I can see now that the "enlightened" society and education that Nick the Trump voter wants is just a return to patriarchy.
Last edited by Greta on Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Nick_A wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:09 am Crotch grabbing and behind pinching are not the same.
Trump wasn't choosey about either. He was an equal opportunity pincher and grapper. It all depended on whether he approached said victim from the front or the rear.
If a man walks by a woman with an attractive behind bending over a table and doesn't pinch it is an insult.
Strange! I never got slapped by ignoring the attraction! In any event, she'll decide what you should have done with instantaneous feedback.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Nick_A wrote:If a man walks by a woman with an attractive behind bending over a table and doesn't pinch it is an insult.
Maybe in the more uncouth parts of fundamentalist Islamic society, which would seem most akin to your worldview.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Greta
I can see now that the "enlightened" society and education that Nick the Trump voter wants is just a return to patriarchy.
I do believe in the ideals of a Christian marriage. I think that violent expressions of secular intolerance are part of the reason for pussy whipping a great many men so if you consider the ideals of a Christian marriage rare patriarchy I would agree. Too many men are now incapable of it.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Nick_A wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:49 am Greta
I do believe in the ideals of a Christian marriage. I think that violent expressions of secular intolerance are part of the reason for pussy whipping a great many men so if you consider the ideals of a Christian marriage rare patriarchy I would agree. Too many men are now incapable of it.
That's why you need a real man as your leader to show women who is boss, a man who can proudly say he grabbed women's pussies and they couldn't do a damn thing about it.

I take it that you support husbands being violent towards their wives, should they be disobedient.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Nick, I have taken you seriously because you are able to write in nice sentences and you enjoy language.

However your opinion of Donald Trump is nothing but trite cliche. Likewise much of your opinion is stuck -together cliches . Frankly I can't be bothered with your last reply to mine, for those reasons.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Trump has a streak of guy humour.
He supposedly sent this message to the world. :lol:
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... golf-ball/

How unpresidential. How childish. He’s like a dad who knows which gauche behaviors will embarrasses his image-conscious kids, keeping everyone all shook up because of that briefcase guy who follows him everywhere.
Greta

Post by Greta »

It would be nice if Trump focused on learning how to do the job rather than focusing on childish, complacent games, as if he had no room for improvement.

Aww, such a sweet old guy - oops! Nearly started WWIII! Whoopsidaisy! *chuckle chuckle* ... Oh look at that, the dear old thing just implicitly supported neo Nazis ... silly old fella. Ah, ya have to laugh. Ho ho ho.