Discrimination is inevitable

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

SpheresOfBalance

Re: Discrimination is inevitable

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

commonsense wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 7:11 pm BTW, I have long considered psychology to be a soft science, but I think "pseudoscience" is a better term.

Most believe this because they fear being exposed! It's so telling of ones psyche.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 10:11 pm
commonsense wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 7:11 pm BTW, I have long considered psychology to be a soft science, but I think "pseudoscience" is a better term.

Most believe this because they fear being exposed! It's so telling of one's psyche.
Does this mean that most people who believe that psychology is a pseudoscience are in fear of being exposed by a pseudoscience?
SpheresOfBalance

commonsense wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 5:47 pm

Most believe this because they fear being exposed! It's so telling of one's psyche.
Does this mean that most people who believe that psychology is a pseudoscience are in fear of being exposed by a pseudoscience?
No, it means that those that call it a pseudoscience do so because of the fear that they might be exposed by the science. I'm assuming that you know how to read! ;-)
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 5:58 pm
No, it means that those that call it a pseudoscience do so because of the fear that they might be exposed by the science. I'm assuming that you know how to read! ;-)
And I assumed that you are able to recognise a joke. Perhaps it would have helped you if I had added these: :lol: :lol: :lol:
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

I just noticed this. If they believe it's a pseudoscience, and they think psychology could expose them, then they themselves must be thinking that a pseudoscience would expose them! I could say that I assumed you could write. :D
SpheresOfBalance

commonsense wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 10:58 pm
SpheresOfBalance wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 5:58 pm
And I assumed that you are able to recognise a joke. Perhaps it would have helped you if I had added these: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yep you're right, I'm more serious about topics here than I sense levity. I'm one that uses inflections, tone, etc to determine one is joking. So I'm lost in a text based forum, as I try not to assume anything, simply judge the meaning of ones words verbatim! Which can be tough sometimes when one's not familiar with the in's and outs of anothers psyche.
SpheresOfBalance

commonsense wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 11:05 pm I just noticed this. If they believe it's a pseudoscience, and they think psychology could expose them, then they themselves must be thinking that a pseudoscience would expose them! I could say that I assumed you could write. :D
I didn't say that, you did!
I said:
SpheresOfBalance" wrote:No, it means that those that call it a pseudoscience do so because of the fear that they might be exposed by the science.
Note that to call something something is not necessarily to believe it. See what I mean?
It's all about denial!

So we're back to your reading again! ;-)

Hey, I'm not perfect by any means, but I try and be as literal as possible. Keep an eye on me though, as I'm getting old. ;-)
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Touche! I try to be as literal as possible as well.
igotnogrammar

Post by igotnogrammar »

Discrimination is inevitable, because the world ain't fair