My personality

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

MozartLink

My personality

Post by MozartLink »

I am someone with a dull, bland, and shallow personality that lacks empathy. I feel no sense of personal connection to anyone else in the world and neither do I feel any connection to my own family or pets. I can't relate much to anyone else and I have a hard time comprehending what other people are saying. I am instead deeply and profoundly connected to my own good feelings since my good feelings are the only experiences that give my life a real quality of value, worth, joy, happiness, and beauty.

In other words, I am instead connected to experiencing feelings of beauty out in nature and from my own personal life/hobbies. I am like a happy and carefree bunny who doesn't care about anything or anyone else but feeling happy in life. I realize that there are many innocent people out in the world suffering, but the only way I would feel an obligation to help them and the only way I would feel it would be wrong to not help them out would be if I had a connection to them.

When you are connected to other people in the world, then you cannot stand allowing these people to suffer and that is why you would feel an obligation to help them. So, from this perspective, it would be wrong to you for you to not help them out. But there is another perspective in which it is no longer wrong to you to not help them out. This would be a disconnected perspective in which you have no connection to anyone else, you realize that each person has their individual separate lives, and that we are all just human beings trying to make the best of and get by with our own personal lives. We just mind our own business and move on.

I also don't wish to live my life in obedience and servitude since that is treating me like a slave. I absolutely abhor living my life like a slave. I just wish to be free and live for myself and my own good feelings. This is yet another reason why I don't wish to help others and serve my life to anyone else. I see helping others, serving others, and contributing to the world as something completely optional. I see it as optional and not an obligation. It is no different than a career such as being a dentist or a teacher. These careers are optional and should not be an obligation. You should not be expected to pursue these careers and you should not be frowned upon for not pursuing them since you have no interest in those careers.
Harbal

Re: My personality

Post by Harbal »

MozartLink wrote: It is no different than a career such as being a dentist or a teacher. These careers are optional and should not be an obligation. You should not be expected to pursue these careers and you should not be frowned upon for not pursuing them since you have no interest in those careers.
I completely agree, no one should be forced into dentistry against their will.
Ansiktsburk

Post by Ansiktsburk »

Harbal wrote:
MozartLink wrote: It is no different than a career such as being a dentist or a teacher. These careers are optional and should not be an obligation. You should not be expected to pursue these careers and you should not be frowned upon for not pursuing them since you have no interest in those careers.
I completely agree, no one should be forced into dentistry against their will.
I have seen it done. One of my classmates, almost half a century ago. She's rumored still to be a dentist and pretty much hating it. But on the other hand, she just might be a good dentist, and earning a lot of dolores.
Ansiktsburk

Post by Ansiktsburk »

But to comment the OP, well, my diagnosis as an armchair psychologist would be a person from a prosperous background with a slight autistic tendency. Nothing wrong with that. Some people gets energy from others, some not. And the social animals seem to be the ones that want to feed the poor too. That's good, let them do that.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Ansiktsburk wrote: She's rumored still to be a dentist and pretty much hating it.
Could be worse, some people spend their whole working lives digging holes in the road and pretty much hate that. They usually earn a lot less than dentists.
my diagnosis as an armchair psychologist would be a person from a prosperous background with a slight autistic tendency.
I would have diagnosed something a little more serious than that but what do I know?
Nothing wrong with that.
Maybe not but he does tend to go on about it rather a lot.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

I want to reassure that the original poster is perfectly normal and that in-fact her profound connection to her own good feelings will serve her well to attract a mate in the near future.

Your perception of yourself of having a bland, shallow personality that lacks empathy is again something you will grow out-of as you mature. As your body matures you will focus less upon your possible personality shortcomings and more about your feminine wilds that will provide you the real quality of value, worth, joy, happiness, and beauty throughout the rest of your life!

Stay strong, give it time.

You are purrrfectly normal
and will grow into a fine, healthy, philosophical woman who will attract the attention of men like me and the many other males on this site.

Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.
You are purrrfectly normal and will grow into a fine, healthy, philosophical woman who will attract the attention of men like me
Well if that's not something to look forward to I don't know what is.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Mozart Link, nobody can live unless they cooperate with some other humans in some ways. Therefore the efficient moral imperative for all people, including independent loners, is reciprocal altruism.

In evolutionary biology, reciprocal altruism is a behaviour whereby an organism acts in a manner that temporarily reduces its fitness while increasing another organism's fitness, with the expectation that the other organism will act in a similar manner at a later time.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:
and will grow into a fine, healthy, philosophical woman who will attract the attention of men like me and the many other males on this site.
You have enough threads dedicated to your psychological calamities Bill. There's no need to steal one about somebody else's.
MozartLink

Post by MozartLink »

I want to reassure that the original poster is perfectly normal and that in-fact her profound connection to her own good feelings will serve her well to attract a mate in the near future.

Your perception of yourself of having a bland, shallow personality that lacks empathy is again something you will grow out-of as you mature. As your body matures you will focus less upon your possible personality shortcomings and more about your feminine wilds that will provide you the real quality of value, worth, joy, happiness, and beauty throughout the rest of your life!

Stay strong, give it time.

I'm actually a male who is 28 years old.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

MozartLink wrote:
I'm actually a male who is 28 years old.
Don't worry, it will take more than that to put Bill off, he's not squeamish.

It does, however, somewhat limit your potential for growing out of your "bland, shallow personality that lacks empathy".
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Um, to the original poster - let's be honest. Be yourse;lf. If you are gay or a transexual - be that. Period.

Dob't tru to be something you are not.

I know a lot of males. I was a contriuction worker mos tioof muy life. You ar not a male. we don;rt talk like that.

Straight- up.Period.

Be yourself.

Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Um, to the original poster - let's be honest. Be yourse;lf. If you are gay or a transexual - be that. Period.

I know a lot of males. I was a contriuction worker mos tioof muy life. You ar not a male. we don;rt talk like that.

Straight- up.Period.

Be yourself.

You're breaking up, Bill, over.

Come in, Bill, I'm not receiving you, over.

Bill! What's happening there, OVER.
MozartLink

Post by MozartLink »

Straight- up.Period.

Be yourself.

I'm not gay or transexual at all. I am not attracted to men at all. What makes you insist that I have a feminine personality trait or that I am a female?
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

MozartLink wrote: What makes you insist that I have a feminine personality trait or that I am a female?
That's just Bill being Bill, you'll get over it in time.