philosophy or ethics and critical thinking should go first?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

olexiykirilenko1

philosophy or ethics and critical thinking should go first?

Post by olexiykirilenko1 »

Hi everybody, I have to take two humanity courses at school and I choose philosophy and ethics and critical thinking since they appeal the most interesting to me among all other courses offered. The problem is I am not sure if it better to take them in sequence of philosophy and then ethics or the order does not matter and I can take ethics first and them philosophy. From my understanding ethics and critical thinking is a subset of philosophy and should be take first but the teachers I like offer classes in the opposite order (ethics first and then philosophy). Which course is better to be taken first since I actually want to learn something and not just get a grade. Please advise

Thanks a lot in advance
HexHammer

Re: philosophy or ethics and critical thinking should go first?

Post by HexHammer »

Critical thinking, if the course is what it suggest you should by yourself figure out ethics on a reasonable lvl, but I doubt that and if it was actually a course worth it salt students should easily be able to predict who would win the election Hillbilly or Trumpet, but apparently none could do so, but I did.
olexiykirilenko1

Re: philosophy or ethics and critical thinking should go first?

Post by olexiykirilenko1 »

Thanks for a quick reply