An analogy for my good feelings

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

MozartLink

An analogy for my good feelings

Post by MozartLink »

I am going to explain some more things and give more analogies in regards to my good feelings. The only way something can be a powerful experience to me would be if I can feel from it. If, for example, someone sawed off my limbs and I had no ability to experience any feelings of pain, then that experience would be nothing to me. It would not be a powerful experience at all to me.

But if I could feel pain, then it would be the most horrible (powerful) experience to me. Given this analogy, you can clearly see how feelings are vital to give powerful experience to our lives. Without them, then nothing has any power to us. Even the most amazing and most magnificent things in life would be stripped of all their power to us without our ability to feel from those things whether that power be something valuable, worthwhile, significant, beautiful, horrible, happy, etc. Feelings are the only things that give power to things and people to us in our lives.

I will give two more examples of how our feelings are the only things that give power to things in our lives for us. A sociopath who cannot feel any empathy will not care about others. Other people would be nothing more than mere tools for this sociopath. But a person who feels all the empathy in the world for others would find other people to be the most beautiful beings. I will give one last example which is a personal example.

When I have nightmares and witness the most horrific imagery, then as long as I did not experience any horrible feelings during that nightmare, then the nightmare has no impact whatsoever upon me. It does not affect me at all. It is like it is completely powerless. If, from there, I did not feel horrified or sad upon my waking life in regards to the imagery I've experienced, then there would be no power experienced here either.

Now since my good feelings are the only things I have in my life, then an imaginary life where I had these good feelings all the time would not make me some sort of sick person in fantasy land. I would still be the cool and respectful person I have always been. I would not turn out to be someone cruel like the rest of the happy world out there. Therefore, it doesn't matter how happy I am and how often I am happy in life--I would still be just as kind and just as respectful.

Therefore, that warrants me a life where everything is good in my life, there is no pain, suffering, problems, or misery in my life, I am happy all the time, I can get whatever I want, and I get to live forever in eternal bliss. This is not a shallow imaginary life I am envisioning here. This would be the most beautiful and valuable life for me since my good feelings are all I truly have. Imagine if there were a sacred crystal ball and the only way for this crystal ball to glow would be if it were powered up by the sacred divine cosmic energy of the universe.

I am like that crystal ball. I always need to be powered up by my good feelings in order to generate a sacred divine glow of value, worth, joy, beauty, inspiration, love, etc. in my life. Otherwise, I am a dead crystal ball that is nothing but dark, dull, and empty. It is like being at a party that is miserable, empty, and there is no fun, no excitement, no happiness, no value, no worth, etc.

There is no way I would choose to stay. I would choose to leave the party since being at that party would be a complete waste of time to me. That also applies to my life. I would not choose to live a life without my good feelings for long. As long as I cannot get these good feelings back to me within a reasonable time frame, then I would leave this life. It doesn't matter how sad it makes others and how much grief it would cause others. My good feelings are all I have and to expect me to live without them would be no different than expecting me to live my whole life at that dead party I mentioned earlier.
Harbal

Re: An analogy for my good feelings

Post by Harbal »

MozartLink wrote:It is like being at a party that is miserable, empty, and there is no fun, no excitement, no happiness, no value, no worth, etc.

There is no way I would choose to stay. I would choose to leave the party
I have a feeling the party would perk up somewhat after your departure.
Arising_uk

Re: An analogy for my good feelings

Post by Arising_uk »

:lol:

You Yorkshiremen you.