The matter of Choice, Materialism, Reality and Infinity

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

frostysh

The matter of Choice, Materialism, Reality and Infinity

Post by frostysh »

Hello to everyone who read this,
This discussion has been deleted from physicsforums.com (because they do not allow any Philosophy which is look ridiculous as fro myself), so I am trying to find some answer on the philosophical forums.

In my attempts to study Science, particularly Physics, Chemistry, and related Mathematics, etc. I have found many smarty books, well I am trying to read only the one that include some pictures at least :), but after I have watched some movie, and I have start to read a popular level book, without pictures D. Peat "Certainty to Uncertainty...", or something like that, and I have discussed some thing with the one internet user, name "artu", but coz' of fact that this partucular user ignoring me, and I think this things about Choice, etc, is a very interesting I have decided to create related topic on this forum.

Materialism and 100% beliefs

So we have materialistic stuff, etc. And in the same moment (thanx to mr Bohr, and other very smarty guys) we have no clear definition of reality. Even more we don't know for sure how large our Universe, or how many Universes exist, etc. We have only the Theories, yeah, a pretty good Theories, but still they are only the Models, an approximation of the reality that around us, and they all have a borders where we can apply them, and cannot predict something with 100% (well of course, the precision of our measurement devices is not infinity!).
So let's us to imagine the Materialism as a model, (predecessor was Mysticism, that was a very poor model, but still). So if we gonna try to imagine that Materialism is not the finish, there is more durable model, like a Materialism is a red line,

and if we gonna look little further (somewhere sometime) we can even discover another model, another uncertainty, like this dark lines. Of course this is not means that Scientists (especially Theoretical ones) must become a mystic or something like that, or just give up the researches, because the anything is possible (I mean have non-zero probability to appear, and if we gonna apply something non-zero to Infinity, we will obtain something :) ) - I hope somebody who will read my snow have got a point :D .

Infinity

In this case definition of Infinity is not only somehing like Spatial Infinity, or a Time Infinity, but as the Infinity of Possibilities, of anything that we can imagine, and what we cannot.

The matter of Choice

On this background the matter of Choice of the any Intelligent Creature (no matter what this creature actually is, no matter from where this creature, etc) is becoming a very important things in our Universe.
Well you will say: Choice can be a predictable, can be tricked or can be forced, genetically programmed, etc -
--- Yes it is, still we have non-zero probability of something will going wrong, for an example: the human walking, the process of walking is actually sequence of the controlled failings, it is an instincts the genetically programmed stuff, But, due to the power of will, or something like that, human can force it's body to release control of the process and the human body along with its brain will fall, so we cannot predict it for the each people on the Earth for 100%, depending only on genetics and such stuff - it will fall, or it will walk in the next second - the choice rocks :) and those who trying to trick to lie etc to force the choice is playing not fair.

Thanx to anyone who will help to me to find some answers :P .

P.S. This is an original topic about Choice and stuff, from another forum - The matter of choice - Philosophy (warning there is alot of offtopic nonsense inscribed), and this is the further discussion of frostysh and mr artu, from the same forum - Does anybody know the examples of the similar things elsewhere?
ken

Re: The matter of Choice, Materialism, Reality and Infinity

Post by ken »

frostysh wrote:
Thanx to anyone who will help to me to find some answers :P .
You can only be helped to find answers when we know what the questions are.

So, what are the questions you want answers to?