Your brain is already a musical mastermind

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

MozartLink

Your brain is already a musical mastermind

Post by MozartLink »

People who don't know anything about how music works hear amazing beautiful masterpieces that they never heard before when they take a very powerful psychedelic drug. That is their brains creating these amazing beautiful masterpieces based upon the musical information that these people have absorbed from the songs of other musical artists. Therefore, this says that you can create the greatest songs in your own mind without having studied up on music theory or anything.

I believe I have created the next greatest Michael Jackson songs in my own head since I have listened to his music. His musical information has become absorbed by my brain and, based upon that informational database, I was able to channel deep within my highly creative abilities and create whole new songs by MJ which are just as great and just as powerful as any of his other songs.

It is like learning the English language. Your brain absorbs all the information and then you are able to create paragraphs and sentences. However, in order to bring these songs into the real world, I have to put actual studying and learning in how to compose since I don't know anything about how music works right now. Hopefully, I will fully achieve my composing dream and get to share all these great masterpieces I hear in my head.

This clearly says that our brains already have the capacity to create great musical masterpieces in our own heads even without having any knowledge of music theory or how music works. You just need the creative ability to utilize that capacity in such a way that you are able to create truly great music in your mind.
Harbal

Re: Your brain is already a musical mastermind

Post by Harbal »

MozartLink wrote:Therefore, this says that you can create the greatest songs in your own mind without having studied up on music theory or anything.
What sounds good in your head tends to be disappointing when you try to convert it into something your ears can appreciate.
I believe I have created the next greatest Michael Jackson songs in my own head since I have listened to his music.
I don't want to sound pedantic but I think you need to be Michael Jackson to create a Michael Jackson song. The best you can do is produce a MozartLink song and learn to moonwalk.
kylemoon

Post by kylemoon »

Ya I would have to agree with Harbal. However, I haven't heard the music so I can't really say.

The reality is, I think more people in this world THINK they understand music to a degree when they really don't. Musical creativity is more than just playing instruments. I think often the struggle of humanity and the understanding of a deeply personal philosophy of one's own existence can be a huge key to unlocking musical creativity inside of an individual. However, this is no reflection of modern popular music, which is often lacking in anything philosophical. Not on every level, but for the most part.

Popular music is often a reflection of the drugs that current culture is involved with. There was a really freaking good ted talk or something like that on this exact subject by a guy who used to be a major producer but I cant find it!!!
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Problem is I can make great music in my mind, but when I go to put it on paper or the computer it all goes downhill from there. :oops: