100%
Maybe
No votes

Total votes: 2

Eodnhoj7

Determinism as Flux

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Determinism as Flux

The argument presented will be that strict determinism, due to an inherent element of flux through reflectivity, cannot be observed therefore a probabilistic determinism is the most likely observation of causality. The problem will be observed from the analytic method of philosophy.

1) All causes (Φ) manifest further causes:

(Φα → Φ1 → Φ2 → Φ3)

2) All causes are a beginning cause for further causes:

(Φ1α → Φ1a → Φ1b → Φ1c)
(Φ2α → Φ2a → Φ2b → Φ2c)
etc.

3) Causes manifesting further causes are equal in definition (≜) to causes reflecting (≡) causes, because all manifestation is an element of (∈) reflection:

(Φα → Φ1 → Φ2 → Φ3) ≜ (Φα ≡ Φ1 ≡ Φ2 ≡ Φ3)
∵ (Φx → Φy) ∈ (Φx ≡ Φy)

4) Therefore all beginning causes are self-reflective causes:

(Φα) → (Φα ≡ Φα) → (Φα → Φ1)

5) Reflective causes are equal in definition to similar (~) causes:

(Φα ≡ Φ1 ≡ Φ2 ≡ Φ3) ≜ (Φα ~ Φ1 ~ Φ2 ~ Φ3)

6) Similar causes implies (⊃) a difference in a degree of structure; therefore non-equality:

(Φα ~ Φ1 ~ Φ2 ~ Φ3) ⊃ (Φα ≠ Φ1 ≠ Φ2 ≠ Φ3)
∵ Φd(1,2,3)

7) Reflection manifests a non-equality in definition; therefore all reflection manifests flux:

(Φα ≡ Φ1 ≡ Φ2 ≡ Φ3) → (Φα ≠ Φ1 ≠ Φ2 ≠ Φ3)
∴ ∀(Φ ≡ Φx) → ΔΦ

8 ) All causality is equal in definition to self-propagating flux (Δ):

∀(Φ → Φx) ≜ ΔΦ

9) All causal flux implies non-proportionality (-∝) between causes therefore a deficiency in causal structure (Ω):

∀(ΔΦ) ⊃ -∝(Φ,Φx)
∴ -ΦΩ

10) All deficiencies in observable (O) structure are equal to randomness (ξ); therefore causal structures contain an element of (∋) randomness as deficiency:

∀(-OΩ) = ξ
∴ ∀(ΦΩ) ∋ ξ

11) However all causal structures are equal in definition to stability (◻) as existence:

∀(ΦΩ) ≜ ◻

12) So a contradiction (↯) in the nature of causality occurs unless viewed from a perspective of duality:

(∀(ΦΩ) ≜ ◻) ↯ (∀(ΦΩ) ∋ ξ)
∀(ΦΩ) ⊃ Φ⟨◻|ξ⟩

13) A synthesis (∪) of these dualistic elements within all causal structure manifests as probabilism; therefore all deterministic systems are probabilistic (ϕ):

(Φ◻) ∪ (Φξ) → Φϕ

True?
False?
Maybe?
henry quirk

i squat, scratch my keister, fiddle with my pointy stick...

Post by henry quirk »

...and I got no clue what's what here.

Mebbe, you can dumb it down for me (make it less an equation and more a narrative).
Eodnhoj7

Re: i squat, scratch my keister, fiddle with my pointy stick...

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

henry quirk wrote:...and I got no clue what's what here.

Mebbe, you can dumb it down for me (make it less an equation and more a narrative).
I am here to work on my writing, making it clear for other's is part of it. It's not your fault, but mine.

Anyhow to simplify the argument into key points:

All determinism, one causal act leading to another, requires a degree of reflection.

This degree of reflection requires the manifestation of a new causal form/function to manifest from the prior.

The prior causal form/function is similiar to the new one, however both are different due the inherent reflective "dynamic".

This propogation (view it as an adult giving birth to a child, the child is a reflection of the parents however is seperate) causes an inherent degree of
flux.

This flux of and between form/functions, due to the inherent nature of all causal forms functions, is requires for one cause to lead to another...etc.

However this "propagation as reflection" also as a degree of randomness as causal event produce different causal events (using the same example of having a child, the child has similiarities with the parent however their is a "newness" in both the form and function of the child that cannot be fully predicted)

Because we see a necessary element of determinism through the act of reflection, we know that their is a certain "stability" in the forms/functions required for propagation.

However there is that unobservable element, that lack equal definition between the current and prior, that equate to an unpredicatability or randomness.

So what appears to be a contradiction occurs if view from the same time in the same respect: A "stability" in all structures along with a "flux" (or randomness).

So if observed as differences in respects or times or both times and respects, instead of a contradiction we can observe an inherent "dimensionality" or "duality" within the structures.

Stability and Randomness can coexist at the same time in different respects, different times in the same respect, or at different times in different respects. (And the examples can be to numerous to count)

From a perspective of trying to unify these perspectives of "determinism" and "randomness" we get a "probabilistic determinism" as the most universal perspective...for the time being.

I hope this makes sense...I really don't have a clue what people do and don't understand...that is part of the reason I am here.
henry quirk

wanna take this bit by bit

Post by henry quirk »

"All determinism, one causal act leading to another, requires a degree of reflection."

How so?

The sequence that leads to lightning, the parallel lines of dominos falling resulting in lightning, is utterly mechanistic, requires no attention, no reflection.

On the other hand: a choice, made by one, is overflowing with attention, intention, reflection.
Eodnhoj7

Re: wanna take this bit by bit

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

henry quirk wrote:"All determinism, one causal act leading to another, requires a degree of reflection."

How so?

The sequence that leads to lightning, the parallel lines of dominos falling resulting in lightning, is utterly mechanistic, requires no attention, no reflection.

On the other hand: a choice, made by one, is overflowing with attention, intention, reflection.
Light reflects off of a surface...reflection is not merely a intellectual act but a propagation of energy through curvature that manifests further curvature.

All things manifest through form (static curvature) and function (dynamic curvature). Reflection is just a propagation of curvature, a propagation of reality in order to manifest stability within time space.

Take for example a stone being through into the pond. The pond may be still, but once the stone is thrown in the energy continues as ripples after the stone is thrown and hits the water. Even after the stone as sunk to the bottom, the energy of the form of the stone merging with the water through kinetic motion, continues to reverberate...in some ways always allowing the "past" to be "maintained" into the "present" and the "future".

Energy is reflected and propagated through various structures in an effort to maintain stability.

However you are right, that reflection is also an intellectual act too.

I would argue that the abstract and physical are relative, reflective, and individual dimensions within the same reality...but that is another discussion.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

I'm lookin' to get a clear head on this and you ain't done nuthin' but blind me more... ;)
Eodnhoj7

Re:

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

henry quirk wrote:I'm lookin' to get a clear head on this and you ain't done nuthin' but blind me more... ;)

Well, then it is my fault for not being clear.

Your doing me a favor by asking questions, the more the merrier.
Eodnhoj7

Re:

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

henry quirk wrote:I'm lookin' to get a clear head on this and you ain't done nuthin' but blind me more... ;)

I thought about it looking through the forums this morning, and here is a simpler explanation:

Reflection is a universal form of change that is both abstract and physical.
henry quirk

I've always thought of reflection as...

Post by henry quirk »

...what a self-referencing creature does...

...and...

...what happens when a photon meets up with a certain kind of surface.