Sitting at the dog park

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Sitting at the dog park

Post by Walker »

Get real. Motion isn't unusual at a dog park. Coincidence is the most likely explanation.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Walker wrote:Get real. Motion isn't unusual at a dog park. Coincidence is the most likely explanation.
That particular motion can be quite attractive.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Walker wrote:Get real. Motion isn't unusual at a dog park. Coincidence is the most likely explanation.
It's about making "lemonade from lemons", I tell you. Had he not been perving he wouldn't have noticed and not been of help. It's like nosey neighbours helping to deter or identify burglars in the house across the street.
tbieter

Post by tbieter »

thedoc wrote:
tbieter wrote:I was sitting on one of the new benches at the dog park when a woman walked by. As my gaze turned to her, I saw her cell phone fall from her sweater pocket. I called to her and pointed to her phone. As she picked it up she exclaimed, "thank you, thank you, thank you."

Thereafter, I thought about causation. Why did my gaze turn to her sweater pocket just as her phone fell from it? Why not then to the clouds, or to birds, or dogs, or to other people? Was it just the motion? Or the operation of gravity?

After much profound, brilliant philosophical reflection, I concluded that my gaze was drawn to HER NICE BUTT.

What principle does this event illustrate?
It was probably the motion that attracted your attention, just as a predator is attracted to the motion of the prey. You probably wanted to touch her butt.
My gaze is often drawn to the beauty in or of particular things, such as President Trump's incredibly beautiful wife (who speaks five languages). She dazzles. The woman's butt at the dog park was nice, but not incredibly beautiful.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpCB-0d42-g

she's as beautiful as a foot...

-Imp